You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2006, 05:41 PM   #21
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuboy
Why not get both! In fact, why not get three, and just throw one of them away!

Sorry, the consumerism comment got me all politicised.

Seriously though, it annoys me that a company launches a redesign a year or so after a product launches. It devalues everyone's original, slaps early adopters on the wrist and also wastes resources (if people buy two).
But frankly, who hasn't seen this coming? When DS first came out, a lot of people were already complaining about the size; and given Nintendo's past of tremendously improving the asthetics of original GBA with a GBA SP (and then a micro), it's only expected that they release a sleeker version soon.

One and a half year may seems a bit too soon, but with recent release of some titles, there's actually a demand of more than one handheld in the family.

I'm personally gonna get a DS Lite for my sis, so that she could teach her kids some mathematics with Brain Age. I'll prolly get another old DS, so that I could do some retro design with it... well, when the price drop to bargain level at least.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:20 PM   #22
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuboy
Why not get both! In fact, why not get three, and just throw one of them away!

Sorry, the consumerism comment got me all politicised.

Seriously though, it annoys me that a company launches a redesign a year or so after a product launches. It devalues everyone's original, slaps early adopters on the wrist and also wastes resources (if people buy two).
And how is that not the case with, say... video cards? All technology gets upgraded. Yeah, it sucks that you never know if the thing you're buying will suddenly be available in five new colors with a smaller size and two new potato-peeling attachments AND a bonus headphone jack. That's part of technology these days.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:31 PM   #23
I'm complicated

Send a message via MSN to smashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
And how is that not the case with, say... video cards? All technology gets upgraded. Yeah, it sucks that you never know if the thing you're buying will suddenly be available in five new colors with a smaller size and two new potato-peeling attachments AND a bonus headphone jack. That's part of technology these days.
Will they have a coffee-maker add-on for the next generation of DS?
Old 05-24-2006, 05:58 AM   #24

I bought one of them original DSs in the beginning, fully aware of a potential upgrade at a later point. I'm always getting a second unit of the handhelds anyway at some point, so that I can play multiplayer with my wife. So now I'm getting a DS Lite, as the library of games have grown enough to warrant owning two of them.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #25
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed
Ah! The joys of consumerism.
WHAT HAVE I BECOME?!

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop