You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General You Lose (X360 vs. PS3)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007, 11:14 PM   #721

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoG View Post
Well honestly, Sony took the piss out of the PS3 all on its own.

...and yea Uncharted looks awesome. Moreso that sooner they're done with it, Naughty Dog can get me some next-gen Jak...
You know, while I love Jak as much as you, I would also like to see them try and make a new series. They obviously know the genre very well (Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter). I've noticed that most of the times, a game that crosses generations usually disappoints. And to be honest, I also think I've had enough Jak for now, after three very good (albeit very similar) games it's getting a bit stale now. It would be nice to see them try and make a new series. If they tried to do Crash on the PS2 instead of trying something new, Jak wouldn't have existed. And I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on Jak.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:49 PM   #722
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I have no particular feelings towards neither of the expensive consoles.

But anyway, here's something from Australia's lauch:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/games/cro...153291466.html
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:13 AM   #723
gin soaked boy

There was one PS3 sold at the midnight launch event here in Croatia. Yes, one.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:32 AM   #724
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
The launch of Sony's PlayStation 3 games console got off to a feeble start last night with officials, media and security outnumbering customers for most of the evening.

Over 500 retailers around the country threw open their doors as the clock struck 12:00am, expecting the frenzy that accompanied the games console's overseas debuts.

But most stores were virtually deserted, despite the 20,000 pre-orders Sony said it had received.
Sorry but... LMAO! Looks like Sony paid people to say yes the PS3 is so great and everyones pre-ordered one!

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-23-2007, 07:53 AM   #725
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Can we rename this thread? It long ago turned into "Let's take the piss out of PS3"...
I know this is getting *$@#(#$ ridiculous. People should go get a life already and stop taking stabs on a peace of hardware that they will never buy anyway. Just let the people who already bought it enjoy it.

Firefox rules
Old 03-23-2007, 08:22 AM   #726

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
I know this is getting *$@#(#$ ridiculous. People should go get a life already and stop taking stabs on a peace of hardware that they will never buy anyway. Just let the people who already bought it enjoy it.
For the most part, I think that this whole thread got started and continued by people who bought or will buy a Wii or an Xbox 360 to justify/self congratulate their choice. For someone like me, who just wants to play good games no matter which system they are made for, the whole thread is a big waste of time as it has gotten impossible to get any sort of unbiased, useful information out of it.

So far, I have bought and sold a Wii (like I said on a Wii thread, I had a Wii for about two months but did not really see any games that I wanted to play on it so I sold it to a friend of mine who wanted to get on for his kids) and will eventually buy both Xbox360 and PS3 when their price has come down substantially. Until then, I guess it's silly of me to read and respond in a PS3 bashing thread.

- Akane, Ranma and Juliet
Old 03-23-2007, 08:23 AM   #727
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue View Post
You know, while I love Jak as much as you, I would also like to see them try and make a new series. They obviously know the genre very well (Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter). I've noticed that most of the times, a game that crosses generations usually disappoints. And to be honest, I also think I've had enough Jak for now, after three very good (albeit very similar) games it's getting a bit stale now. It would be nice to see them try and make a new series. If they tried to do Crash on the PS2 instead of trying something new, Jak wouldn't have existed. And I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on Jak.
I totally agree with you. I'm very glad that Insomniac has taken a stab on a new franchise as well. It is very refreshing to see their crazy weapon design taken over to the stale FPS genre for example. I'm sure Naughty Dog will bring that same kind of new fresh look to the action-adventure game they are making. It looks very fresh and different

Firefox rules
Old 03-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #728
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I'm not saying that the PS3 is a bad piece of hardware, in fact I would love to have one, and probably will in many years time when they have their big games out. I pissed on Xbox 360 before I got one. Its just the way things go, if you can't afford to get one now you always point out all the negatives.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #729
FlipFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
There was one PS3 sold at the midnight launch event here in Croatia. Yes, one.
Whats a "croatia"?

Ha, no I keed...

...and for those 'upset' that we're poking a bit o'fun at large but arrogant corporation that is doing a disservice to our beloved hobby (but great service to the competition)...why are YOU so upset that we are? Why do you care? I care about it simply because Sony needs to be taught a lesson in humility, and needs to care about gaming again. If you've been following their PR blathering and poor choice after poor choice, then you know that their stumbling is all of their own doing.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #730
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoG View Post
...and for those 'upset' that we're poking a bit o'fun at large but arrogant corporation that is doing a disservice to our beloved hobby (but great service to the competition)...why are YOU so upset that we are? Why do you care? I care about it simply because Sony needs to be taught a lesson in humility, and needs to care about gaming again. If you've been following their PR blathering and poor choice after poor choice, then you know that their stumbling is all of their own doing.
Do you really think Sony is reading the gaming forums (esp. a forum dedicated to adventure games) for sound business advice? What will get their attention more is poor sales, not forum posts.

Last edited by Melanie68; 03-23-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:53 AM   #731
FlipFrame

Of course not Melanie! You'd have to think me pretty daft if you sincerely believe I thought that!!

What we're doing here is talking about the missteps...the missteps that we HOPE Sony pay attention to, which will be reflected in lost exclusivity and fewer sales. People are acting like only the few of us here like Trep and Cobra and I are all there is to this air of "Sony-Hate". This is industry wide...from my developer buddies to gaming journalists to the PS3 with a tomato thrown at it on the cover of EGM. This isn't some localized anomoly...

Oh, and good thing whomever took down SoccerDudes last post to me...that post would've been more telling of who indeed was the "butthole", right Soccer?

Cheers
Old 03-23-2007, 10:59 AM   #732
Super Moderator

Hmm, well you know what? This thread is done because while you may think it's a useful exercise, I just see as futile as it's become a mixture of preaching to the choir and alienating others. Useful debate allows others to understand a different point of view, not dumping it on them and hoping something sticks.

And Soccerdude wisely deleted his last (very unwise) post to you so bringing it up again wasn't needed.