You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Yoshi's Island 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 07:05 AM   #1
Burning

Default Yoshi's Island 2

It was the last 2D platformer I played on my GBA and surely it was one of the best along with Super Mario World. Really looking forward to the new one, must get DS now for the new Super Mario and this game:

Return to the colourful wilds of Yoshi’s Island in a new platforming adventure for Nintendo DS:
A mysterious floating island has suddenly appeared over peaceful Yoshi’s Island. Soon after its arrival, a gaggle of kids vanishes from the island school. Thankfully, Baby Mario, Baby Peach and Baby Donkey Kong manage to avoid being kidnapped. Now, Yoshi and the three young superstars must set out on a wild and colorful quest to rescue the kids and investigate the ominous island hovering overhead.
So saddle up for adventure, this time, Baby Mario, Baby Donkey Kong and Baby Peach are along for the ride – and each one gives Yoshi access to unique powers while they cling to his back. Thanks to the power of Nintendo DS, all of the lush vistas and perilous paths of Yoshi’s Island span two screens.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:17 AM   #2
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

My head is really exploding because of these DS, Wii and other game related news.

Too much mindblowing stuff.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:34 AM   #3
Bad command or file name

As long as they stay far away from the gameplay of the very dissapointing 'Yoshi -Touch and Go' then I'm sold.

I'm with you Kolzig, with all the fantastic looking Nintendo stuff on the way, I need to figure out how I'm going to finance everything and try to find time to play it all.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 07:38 AM   #4
Chris Barraclough

I can't really remember the first one, I just remember enjoying myself loads while playing it. Def one to check out. Bring on Star Fox DS too!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 05-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #5
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Yoshi's Island 2?! *Screatch*

Yay.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 05-10-2006, 01:58 PM   #6
A Servicable Villain

The DS is really the most awesome console at the moment and every new announcement only validates that bold claim.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #7

Is there any way to re-play the castle/fortress levels? I remember you could on the original.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #8

Rumors are that Artoon is handling this. If it's true, I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.