You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2006, 02:04 AM   #81
Life and times of...

I was just thinking, as someone said that Oblivion is like a single-player MMO, that one thing I think Oblivion is missing is getting people to accompany you. I mean like going to raid a dungeon but first going to like some guild and asking for people who want to come to join you, or just someone who follows you around and stuff, like an apprentice or an armorbearer. I just think it would be fun. Of course you wouldn't have to do that and you wouldn't have to have them follow you always

And then to develop it further, they could comment on any events, related or unrelated to the plot, and you could ask them about the places you're in and all.

And I also want more talking about myths and the legendary items and all. It all just seems somewhat random. I think the items and all were much more incorporated in Morrowind...

(Edit): Oh, and related to that, I also quite agree with umm... Gonzosports. I won't start speculating here more though, partly because I really don't have much of anything (more) to say

Last edited by UPtimist; 05-20-2006 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:43 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist
I was just thinking, as someone said that Oblivion is like a single-player MMO, that one thing I think Oblivion is missing is getting people to accompany you. I mean like going to raid a dungeon but first going to like some guild and asking for people who want to come to join you, or just someone who follows you around and stuff, like an apprentice or an armorbearer. I just think it would be fun. Of course you wouldn't have to do that and you wouldn't have to have them follow you always
You can have a mage or assassin accompany you when you're master of one of these two guilds. Same for the arena, I think.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:49 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Maybe you can just give me a clue on what to look for? Thanks.

And who do I have to kill to get invited into the DB? I'd kinda feel badly if it was a civilian or a guard.
I don't know if you've already done it, but don't join the DB if you're not ready to kill innocents. It didn't feel really nice going after an entire family for no good reason...
Old 05-20-2006, 02:51 AM   #84
Life and times of...

Ah, I was rather expecting that, actually. Just though "nah"...

Great

Still, could be in other stages too
Old 05-20-2006, 05:32 AM   #85

Quote:
Ah, I was rather expecting that, actually. Just though "nah"...

Great

Still, could be in other stages too
Well, each time I had someone come along, he was more of a hindrance than real help.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #86
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
You can have a mage or assassin accompany you when you're master of one of these two guilds. Same for the arena, I think.
yeah you can get an annoying little asshole following you around randomly if you master the arena, he's not very strong, he has a stupid hairdo and to be honest, i kill him on sight. Now if it was a hot female fan then... you know, I might have to book a room in the King & Queen Tavern, heh heh heh.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:51 AM   #87
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
yeah you can get an annoying little asshole following you around randomly if you master the arena, he's not very strong, he has a stupid hairdo and to be honest, i kill him on sight. Now if it was a hot female fan then... you know, I might have to book a room in the King & Queen Tavern, heh heh heh.
You say that like he keeps coming back
Old 05-20-2006, 01:20 PM   #88
kamikaze hummingbirds

i know.
he does.
im just walking round thinking 'ah, this is a sweet time thinkin' up evil things to do to hurt people both physically and mentally in cyrodiil' and then suddenly this idiot with a stupid hairdo comes along and says stuff like 'oh your the grandchampion!!!11!!' and follows me round, in hopes of some serious hi-res penetration.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:21 AM   #89
Life and times of...

Heh, yeah, I'm guessing it could be quite hard to actually achieve well-done followers in a game like this...
Old 05-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #90
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzosports
Even Bioware's recent garbage holds more surprises.
I think you just neutralized your argument with that.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:18 PM   #91
merely human

Yeah, SNM. I don't think he knows what he's talking about. LOL!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-24-2006, 09:41 AM   #92
Life and times of...

Yay, I happened to be walking to Bravil and now I'm...
Spoiler:
riding a unicorn Of course, I'm sure that's a part of some quest, and I'm sure you all know it but I hadn't heard about it before

Wheee!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:41 AM   #93
woof

Quote:
Yay, I happened to be walking to Bravil and now I'm...
Spoiler:
riding a unicorn Of course, I'm sure that's a part of some quest, and I'm sure you all know it but I hadn't heard about it before

Wheee!
Spoiler:
dam that crappy thing was a dissapointment, I was expecting something that would be opposite to Shodowmere in looks. Pure white and slightly glowing....but I ended up finding this scabby looking thing that would jump at the chance to bite me in the ass the minute I got in a battle...so I just stuck with shadowmere, I could throw him off a cliff and he would just get back up and act like nothing happened
Old 05-25-2006, 05:10 AM   #94

I wished they'd made this one multiplayer. Not like an MMORPG, but like NWN. Doesn't need any subscription, just connect to your mates PCs and off you go in a little band. Morrowind was crying out for it and I just expected it to be in this one. =(
Old 05-25-2006, 07:38 AM   #95
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

There is a (very glitchy) multiplayer MOD thing that was made for Morrowind. I never actually got to test it, though.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #96
SamNMax

Everybody download the extra content. The Thieves' Den kicks ass.

Old 06-10-2006, 05:09 AM   #97
Life and times of...

I am stuck (or "stuck").
To be a bit more accurate:
Spoiler:
In the Arcane University missions
Spoiler:
the mission with going to the excavation or whatever, where there's the pillar and all. I've gone pass the pillar, but now I'm in the end of a corridor with a pressure plate opening two side rooms (one which has a ghost who, with me, had an elven shortsword which I managed to make spin infinitely...), which then turn out to have nothing in them. There corridor should continue forward, according tomy map, but I just can't find any way to open the "secret door" there. There's also a few others, but they won't open either and I'm quite sure that's the one I want to open.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #98
kamikaze hummingbirds

is there a way to revive shadowmere, cuz he died, and i looked the cooliest when with shadowmere because i looked like a dark rider from LOtR.
BTW, i wanna get back in the mages guild but i dont want to get the stuff that that weird dude wants? any alternative methods?
Old 06-10-2006, 09:18 AM   #99
Life and times of...

So, where can you get this Shadowmere. Put it in spoilers though, I'm not yet sure I want to find out quite yet

And I'm still stuck there, though I've just gone exploring now and given up with that place.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #100
woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
is there a way to revive shadowmere, cuz he died, and i looked the cooliest when with shadowmere because i looked like a dark rider from LOtR.
BTW, i wanna get back in the mages guild but i dont want to get the stuff that that weird dude wants? any alternative methods?
How the hell did you manage to kill shadowmere? Hes friggen indestructable!