You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2006, 01:43 PM   #61
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

You can Find the cloak and Robe in that nord town to the north...Bravil I think it is...I cant remember the name.

The one with the first theif fence
Old 05-18-2006, 02:02 PM   #62
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammsie
inhumane!?!
INHUMANE!?!
I massacred them as they slept not while they were awake.
So they probably didnt feel the pain.
I should spank you for that.

Quote:
AND another tip... keep the skooma and sell it to a thieves guild fence (thats a person who buys thieved stuff. dont go interacting for four hours with a wooden barrier)
Where do I find Orcbanger or whatever his name is? You know, that fence that I, as a low level thief, can only sell my loot to?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-18-2006, 02:10 PM   #63
woof

Thats the Nord town to the north of Imperial...or North West, begins with a B
Old 05-18-2006, 02:29 PM   #64
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Pauvre, pauvre junkies.

Guess I'll have to make a trip to Bravil, then. I'll use my ice spell and freeze one of them to death, it's at least not as inhumane as hacking n slashing.
It's a game. They can't feel it. Don't worry, bud.

Last edited by SamNMax; 05-18-2006 at 02:40 PM.

Old 05-18-2006, 03:14 PM   #65
merely human

They should've put a disclaimer at the beginning that said: 'No actual pixels were harmed during the making of this game.'
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #66
SamNMax

If you're aiming for a do-gooder character, why would you join a cult devoted to assassination?

Old 05-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #67
merely human

Do-gooder is my day job. At night I want wickedness, but with a good heart.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:27 PM   #68
SamNMax

That reminds me, I joined the Mythic Dawn a while back, but had to break it for the main quest. Does anyone know if you can actually get missions from them?

Old 05-18-2006, 03:29 PM   #69
merely human

Why can't there be a junkie who's terminally ill and wants assisted suicide and I can help him and that would qualify me for the DB?
Old 05-18-2006, 03:30 PM   #70
SamNMax

Aren't they all dead inside anyway?

Old 05-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #71
never stops believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
If you're aiming for a do-gooder character, why would you join a cult devoted to assassination?
I was about to say the same thing. I accidentally killed someone in a town, and the DB visited me to offer me membership. The way my character was, my back story was an apprentice to a necromancer who swore off the Dark Arts (although used them to track down evil magis users), she was disgusted by being approached by the DB.

So, naturally, I did what my character would have done. I killed the DB agent. And then I took his armor -- my only regret is that I wish I'd done the first quest they offered, found their HQ, and taken them all out. But a kneejerk reaction, which was in line with my character, wiped that out.

Morrowind is my second favorite game of all-time. Oblivion is the greatest disappointment as a gamer I've ever had...I'll live, though, since Morrowind never gets old, I just wish Oblivion hadn't been the Morrowind For Dummies it is. Pretty game, though.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #72
SamNMax

How do you figure Oblivion is a dumbed down Morrowind?

Old 05-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #73
woof

Cause Oblivion doesnt make you suffer
Old 05-18-2006, 03:50 PM   #74
SamNMax

I actually do like Morrowind better, but it's pretty obvious that Oblivion is the better game.

Old 05-18-2006, 03:52 PM   #75
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
Cause Oblivion doesnt make you suffer
I don't want to suffer, I want to have fun playing the game.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #76
SamNMax

srsly?

Old 05-18-2006, 03:55 PM   #77
merely human

srsly.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #78
never stops believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
I actually do like Morrowind better, but it's pretty obvious that Oblivion is the better game.
I completely disagree. Oblivion has better graphics, and better sound, and a nicer streamlined interface, what it doesn't have is...

the same sophisticated story that Morrowind has (the legend of the Nerevarine is unbelievable, I'm still amazed at the complexity of the myths and legends of the different tribes of Vvardenfell), the number of guilds, subplots and political houses, the difference in the fauna and climate that is both alien, beautiful and immersive (from the very giant mushroom homes to the homes made out of shells)...to the individual nature of each dungeon and cave.

Small things in Morrowind that I never found in Oblivion: the relationship between the workers and the Kwama creatures, the complexity of the relationships between the different Dark Elf races...

Everytime I talk about this game to someone who hasn't played it, I always say it is simply the best RPG ever made. No RPG has even been so open-ended, and gives you such a feeling you are truly in another world...

...nor has been there one as inviting to play whatever role you choose.

Oblivion was a romp through a rather unsophisticated, simple fantasy land where you could fast-travel, no quest held much (one of the final battles, my character wasn't even hurt) challenge, the level-scaling issue while understandable made the game seem silly in parts, and if you ever needed to find anything or go anywhere, or even track someone down you could follow an omniscient radar.

But really, the worst thing for me was simply the dullness of the plot. Even Bioware's recent garbage holds more surprises.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:22 PM   #79
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzosports
...and a nicer streamlined interface,
The interface is a load of cack, I love most of the other stuff in the technical game engine department, the controls, camera, gameplay, graphics but you're the first person I've seen say that it was something other than shit.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:05 PM   #80
woof

I liked the interface and I really liked that you had the compass.

In morrowind it was way too easy to get lost wich was one of the reasons why I never bothered going through to the end with it.