You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Last finished game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #1581

Hey, another Belgian here. Cool.

Great to see a Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts marathon going on there. Been a while since I did that, but I got so many new games recently which I don't even get around to playing.

That said, I should really get around to finishing "Secret Files 2", but I got sidetracked when I got the "Uncharted" games for my birthday. So many games, so little time ...

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 11-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #1582
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
^ So you're just 30 minutes smarter than 10 years ago? *Checks your age* It should've been 1hour dude!
I consider any improvement to be good. I'm fine with 15%...
Old 11-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #1583
Filmfreak

The good part of replaying adventure games is that you can cruise through them at a good pace...

Flight of the Amazon Queen - 4.5/5
Second playthrough of one of my favourite non-LucasArts adventure games. This one has captured the spirit of both Indiana Jones and Monkey Island into one game. It's lengthy, it's very funny, it has mostly good puzzles (although the mosaic one had me going for the UHS - again), decent cutscenes, and it's just brimming with references to other games (mostly Indy-related)...
Were it not for the ridiculous plot (turning Amazons into dinosaur women as a plan to take over the world - seriously?) and some minor annoyances (no fast-travel option), Flight of the Amazon Queen could have made it into my all-time top-5 of adventure games (which coincidentally are ALL LucasArts games)...
Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 AM   #1584
Filmfreak

Day of the Tentacle - 5/5
My third playthrough of one of the best adventure games ever made. Awesome wacky fun, with great puzzles, humourous visuals, hilarious characters and a big dose of nonsense. I absolutely adore this game, and this playthrough only reminded me of exactly why I put this in my all-time top 3 of adventure games. I had a blast playing it (again).
Old 11-08-2011, 08:21 AM   #1585
Adventure lover

Send a message via Yahoo to geosouv

My last finished adventure game is Secret Files: Tunguska. I have made a new thread about it as there seemed to be none for this game. I am currently playing Paradise.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #1586
Psychonaut

Batman: Arkham City

Quite possibly the best game I've played this year.

Not surprising considering my fondness for comics and Batman in particular. However this game like it's predecessor perfectly places you in the most convincing Gotham city that has ever hit Video games.

A superb blend of voice work, atmosphere attention to detail and a rouges gallery of villains all help to steep you in the game world.

The combat perfectly fits the Batman character as you alternate between all out kick ass melee and stealth. The combos flow together with a rhythm that soon becomes second nature. The gadgets are put to good use to access areas, solve puzzles or just smack goons in the head with.

I loved it.

My only concern is that the open world means that the vast amount of collectibles is seriously over the top (400 Riddler trophies alone)

Finished the campaign so now I may head into New Game + or try out the challenge rooms.

9/10
Old 11-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #1587
Adventure lover

@Lucien21

What type of game is the one you are talking about? Is it an adventure? Sounds more like an action game to me...
Old 11-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #1588
Filmfreak

@ geosouv: this is the General part of the forum, all sorts of games are discussed here...
Old 11-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #1589
Adventure lover

Oops, I am terribly sorry, my mistake. I guess I am writing on too many forums at the same time

Last edited by geosouv; 11-10-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #1590

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosouv View Post
Oops, I am terribly sorry, my mistake. I guess I am writing on too many forums at the same time
I was about to yell "Batman: Arkham City" an adventure only game? HELL NO. Glad this was clarified.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 11-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #1591
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Batman: Arkham City

Quite possibly the best game I've played this year.

Not surprising considering my fondness for comics and Batman in particular. However this game like it's predecessor perfectly places you in the most convincing Gotham city that has ever hit Video games.

A superb blend of voice work, atmosphere attention to detail and a rouges gallery of villains all help to steep you in the game world.

The combat perfectly fits the Batman character as you alternate between all out kick ass melee and stealth. The combos flow together with a rhythm that soon becomes second nature. The gadgets are put to good use to access areas, solve puzzles or just smack goons in the head with.

I loved it.

My only concern is that the open world means that the vast amount of collectibles is seriously over the top (400 Riddler trophies alone)

Finished the campaign so now I may head into New Game + or try out the challenge rooms.

9/10
I agree. However, I don't have any issues with the amount of Riddler trophies; I love that there's 400! Like Arkham Asylum, I don't want the game to end, and I was gutted when the story mode finished At least all the Riddler trophies, riddles, side missions etc. give me incentive to keep going with the game.

I managed to beat all the challenge rooms tonight, which was quite a slog. Be warned: some of the 'Extreme' Predator challenges are a bitch; particularly with Catwoman.

The only criticisms I have with the game is that the boss fights are too easy (just like in Asylum), I was somewhat disappointed with the ending - I felt it ended abruptly and I wasn't happy that
Spoiler:
Joker died (I love Mr. J )
; the end credits music wasn't very good - it was the same monotonous tone pretty much throughout, which eventually got on my nerves, instead of a main theme or a classical/gothic piece; that sense of mystery from B:AA seems to be lacking, there's some slight frame rate/screen tearing issues, and I feel/felt that Catwomans' part could have been longer, not to mention that it's stupid having her content as a separate add-on to download...

Apart from that, I loved it! Most likely my 'Game of the Year'!

Once I've got 100% I'll be going through New Game + and then another playthrough of Arkham Asylum; I'm not ready to leave Batman yet.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 11-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #1592
Psychonaut

Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception

Pure cinematic gold on a blu-ray disc.

Uncharted is unapologetic in it's aspiration to be a big budget action adventure game. (Anyone looking for open world games should look elsewhere). This is a very narrow game that moves you from set piece to set piece.

However, who cares, when it looks and plays as gorgeous as this. Sunlight streaming through the trees, the water and sand physics, the fire effects etc etc are all absolutely stunning. You follow Nathan as he once again crosses the globe in search of another lost city and immeasurable wealth.

From England to France, Syria and the Deserts of Africa. I was hooked from beginning to end as the story focused in on the father/son relationship between Sully and Nathan. I couldn't stop playing as every time it paused it threw a sinking ship or a crashing plane sequence. Hooked into finding the next twist in the tale.

While none of the set pieces quite hit the heights of the 2nd game (with the train level or the helicopter across the rooftops sequence), they were still a lot of fun to play and exciting as hell.

I finished the game in two sittings (in 9hs 15mins according to the stats)

While not quite Uncharted 2, I Loved it.

9/10
Old 11-14-2011, 02:58 AM   #1593
Filmfreak

Sam & Max Hit the Road - 3.5 / 5
My second playthrough and I have to admit that I liked it a lot better than 15 years ago. I was underwhelmed back then (but I did finish it), and thought of it as the one exception to the "LucasArts = gold" rule. Apparently I was wrong.
While the story is still very weak, and its conclusion too, I got a lot more laughs out of it this time around. The nonsensical banter, the gratuitous violence and the sheer silliness of it all is really great, and they didn't flinch when mocking their own plot, so that's all good. Lots of fun... if you ignore the backstory...

I find it funny that I like the gratuitous violence and aggressive banter in Sam & Max better now than I did when I was a teenager. It's a great thing when you realise you've grown up since then...

On a side note: I've played more FIFA 12 these last two weeks since it hasn't crashed on me *at all*. I can't remember applying a patch, but maybe Steam or EA did something in the background. The game running stable is a massive, MASSIVE improvement, and now it can really claim my "best FIFA game since '99"-title. Yay!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #1594
handsome

Here's something different: Allods

I've been playing this f2p-mmorpg with ma gurl for a few weeks since she loves to play Fifa or KoF with me and wanted something a bit different for a while.
Pros: For a f2p game, the graphics\art are quite good. The gameplay... well, this is my 2nd mmorpg (played WoW for a week a few years ago) and they're about the same. There are many special (and weird) events and the community isn't annoying.
Cons: There's no free way to get a mount (the world is huge) and from lvl 20 up there's a lot of grinding.

Anyway, here's both of us stripteasing for you guys:
Name:  Untitled2.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  47.5 KB
Them nipples!

EDIT: TimovieMan; it's a bloodthirsty bunny(?) and a nicely dressed pup fighting crime and corruption around ze vorld! You want a better backstory than that?!

Last edited by TiAgUh; 11-14-2011 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Just schooling TimovieMan
Old 11-14-2011, 05:15 AM   #1595
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
TimovieMan; it's a bloodthirsty bunny(?) and a nicely dressed pup fighting crime and corruption around ze vorld! You want a better backstory than that?!
Meh, I prefer having some more incentive than simply looking for a missing sasquatch I neither know nor care about.
Now, had he escaped with a devious plan to take over the world, that would have been different. Maybe after he drank some industrial sludge and went power crazy or something...
Old 11-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #1596
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
(...) Maybe after he drank some industrial sludge and went power crazy or something...
Mind = Blown Name:  951568.gif
Views: 113
Size:  3.1 KB
Old 11-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #1597
Filmfreak

Don't tell me you're unfamiliar with the premise of Day of the Tentacle?

Because that would blow MY mind...

Old 11-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #1598
handsome

On the contrary my dear Watson! I was just imagining what you said.

Want to read some mindblowing stuff? Here:
Day of the Tentacle is one of the worst Lucasarts' adventure games of all time!

(I did this to you, I know it!!)

Last edited by TiAgUh; 11-14-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #1599
Filmfreak

I yield to your bold statement on one of my most beloved adventure games.

And I applaud your Deadly Friend exploding head clip which is definitely more obscure than my Scanners clip...

Well played, sir!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:04 AM   #1600
Filmfreak

Full Throttle – 4.5 / 5
I still adore this game, hence my fourth playthrough. The atmosphere is great, the story is good, the voice acting is superb (Roy Conrad’s voice is spot on, and look, kids, it’s Mark Hamill!), I like the graphics, and I love LOVE LOVE the Gone Jackals’ songs they used. It’s also one of the most cinematic games ever – I just love that climactic end sequence!
Among the few shortcomings is the fact that it’s short (4 hours tops), and that the Old Mine Road fighting can get tedious after a while. Even with the strategies the game provides to make these fights easier, you often have to go through five or six different bikers before you get to the one you need. But these are really just minor flaws in an otherwise awesome game!

Next up: The Dig - an old favourite of mine, with possibly the best soundtrack ever.