You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Last finished game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #861
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Gilbert Goodmate and the Mushroom of Phungoria

I finally visited this good old game that was released so many years ago. I was always interested in the development of this adventure game even way back in the 90's when it was still a long way from being a finished product.

Swedish company Prelusion Inc. made this and also involved was a company called Clearwater Interactive.

The background handdrawn graphics looks amazing, just as high quality as the ones in Curse of Monkey Island. CMI is actually the game that the developers have idolized a lot as this game plays really a lot like the Lucasarts classic.

Also the voice acting is really, really good for a low budget game like Gilbert Goodmate. Very high class with real english actors portraying the roles.

The story is a bit weak, but the weakest link in the game is the shoddy cutscenes and very limited animation of the characters.

Also the characters tend to stick out too much because compared to the amazing background graphics the characters look quite simple.

All in all a nice game and very funny in many parts, so the dialogue is well built even if the overall story is weak.

I liked it so if I have to give a grade for it I give 7/10 in a scale from 1 to 10.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:06 AM   #862

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Mirror's Edge
A fresh new game, but maybe not for everyone.

Story: Do not give up your freedom for security
In a dystopian city controlled by a totalitarian regime obsessed with security, the Faith Connor end up in trouble after her sister Kate is blamed for murder. Faith is a "runner", messengers who know the city well enough to quickly get past all cameras and police patrols, skills that will prove useful when it comes to getting the clues required to free her sister. The game is deeply inspired by the french parkour, a street culture that uses acrobatics to quickly get through an urban area through jumps, rolls, running on walls and jumping from high positions. The story is told mostly through in-game animated cutscenes but those who keep their eyes open can also get more out of what's going on in the city by reading signs, computers, watching television etc in-game. The game delivers the classic message "do not give up your freedom for security" and Faith herself is uncommonly fleshed out, so the story is more than an excuse to build a game, even if it's not particulary great or unpredictable.

Engine, Graphics & Sound: One of the best looking games of this generation
If I say that Mirror's Edge is among the best looking games in this generation I wouldn't exaggerate. I actually believed that the game used an enhanced version of the Half-Life 2 engine but it actually use an enhanced version of the Unreal Engine with improved light. It's not so much the engine that makes it look great, but the art design that is really over the top. Most of the game takes places on sun-lit rooftops in a city that is extremely clean (even if it's dirty within), but it also uses other sharp distinctive colors like green, red, blue and yellow that shines against the white background. I do not remember a game that so beautifully crafted a modern city like Mirror's Edge. It's almost as if they had help with both architects and room designers to build the game. The design doesn't stop with the in-game visuals. The cut-scenes themselves are animated like cartoons, kinda like the short manga-scene in Kill Bill, again with it's distinctive artstyle.

The voiceacting and sound effects is what you would expect from a game like this one, but the aerial music is really good and fits well with the atmosphere. The lead team with Lisa Miskovsky also fits the game.

Gameplay: Parkeur
By the first glance, Mirror's Edge looks like a first-person shooter, but it's more like a first-person runner. You control the game just like a FPS and you can pick up guns and shoot them, but that would be missing the point. What you want to do is to run through the map as fast as possible and you have a great amount of moves that have never been seen before in a game like this one. Faith is a really acrobatic woman and when you get skilled at controlling her you will be running up walls, softening falls with a roll, sliding on the ground etc. When your escape fails you will be able to melee your opponents through jumpkicks, slidekicks and disarms.

Unfortunally, despite it's unique flavor, the gameplay have some problems, one of them is that the path through an area is very controlled and there are usually just one way to finish an area. That doesn't allow you to play around too much, but rather spend your time wondering how the developers wanted you to do it, like a puzzlegame. While running you will see objects in sharp-red which means that you should use it, so it assist you finding the right path, but I would have prefered a more open area where I could simply go loose my way. There were also areas in which you would be able to solve a problem by other means in reality but had to go with a more complex solution in-game since the game doesn't support the required move. It happened that I thought "hey, Lara Croft would have a better solution for this one than you Faith". Also, towards the end of the game the distinct sound of Faith falling down on the street below and getting crushed will be familiar to you. I know, I know, it's my fault not Faith, but it's still frustrating. The repeated trial-and-error kind of gameplay might get many too frustrated to go on.

Final thoughts
I would encourage people to at least try the game, for it's refreshing new gameplay and it's supreme and unique design, but beneath the surface might be a game that relies too much on frustrating trial-and-error to be enjoyable. I believe that if you tried the game, you would either love or hate it. I cincerly hope that there will be a Mirror's Edge 2 with all those issues ironed out, and if it that happens it will be a truly great game.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #863
handsome

GOD HAND
for PS2 (man what a game )

It's, well, button smashing brawler that doesn't take itself too seriously.
It's made by Clover Studio, the same guys who made Okami and Viewtiful Joe. I don't need to say much, please just watch the trailer and you'll see what is about.

The game is funny (and stupid) as hell, it has an addicting combo system, awesome music, it's f***ing hard (worse then DMC3\Ninja Gaiden.. which is fine by me since I love challenging games ) and you can beat the crap out of the Power Rangers! I mean, come on! What else do you need in a game to make it awesome?

8.5 out of 10
Simply one of the best games i've ever played.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:57 AM   #864

ObsCure
Survival Horror meets Teenage Horror in this very average title.

Story: Highschool horror
Kenny have gone missing and his girlfriend, his sister and a journalist end up locked into their school, Leafmore High. Soon enough they begin to uncover the schools horrible secret. Do you need a greater explanation? One familiar with the movie genré Teenage Horror wouldn't be unfamiliar with the styles and the themes found in this game, especially not if one have seen "The Faquelty" by Robert Rodriguez. Yes, there is a story, and it's progressed through encounters with school employees and finding clues, but the end where everything is explained isn't much of a surprise.

Engine: Graphics & Sounds
ObScure is a PS2 game that been hotted up for the PC. Do not get me wrong, this is ofcourse a game from 2004, and it looks like it, but in higher resolution it looks fine for it's age. It uses no modern gee-whizz effects but it's not ugly either. The monsters are, in my opinion, do not have the disturbed design that we have seen in games like Silent Hill and most of them doesn't make much sense either. At least there's a cool effect with a kind of "spreading darkness" around the monsters that color the area around them greenish/brownish.

Like most teenage horror flicks, ObsCure have some pop music, such as The Sums Still Waiting in the Intro, but most music uses a choir singing in what I believe to be latin. In many games the choir fits in, but not in ObsCure that have no divine/hellish stuff in it whatsoever. The voice acting is average to bad.

Gameplay
There are 5 characters you can play and they can even die and you will still be able to finish the game. You pick the character you want to play and then you have to recruit a 2nd character among who's left. Each character have an unique ability but they are mostly useless. You can swap team at any time by going back to a meeting place. You do not have to play the game alone, ObsCure is one of those games that encourages you to get a buddy to play the other character, but it doesn't make much impact on PC (and my cohabit shuns horror stories like the plague). Luckily the teammate can also be played by the computer. Besides the co-op mode, ObsCure plays out just like other Survival Horror games such as Silent Hill or Resident Evil. The school is littered with weaponry and ammunition (American highschool eh?) and you will find keys and items to be used in puzzles. You can actually pick locks around the school. Unlike other similar games you can also use a flashlight as a weapon. This flashlight can actually be taped to a weapon, but for some reason it cannot be taken off again so you better keep the best flashlights until you are sure you have a good weapon to combine it with.

I ran the game on normal and I felt the combat difficulty to be from extremely easy to very hard. One area took many retries to get through, but then there were large chunks of gametime without any danger at all. The end boss was annoyingly difficult compared to everything I met throughout the game. Despite the problems, it didn't take me very long to finish the game. The puzzles are quite easy and it feeds you hints all the time to make sure you know what to do next.

Final Thoughts...
ObsCure was one of the survival horrors I got left to play but I could as well have skipped it. It's unique in being the only "teenage horror" game out there, but in everything else it's an inferior copy to the greater survival horror series.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #865
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I just finished "Emerald City Confidential" - in one go. Excellent little adventure of a good length, and very enjoyable too, I have to say. ^_^

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-21-2009, 12:02 AM   #866
Psychonaut

Mystery Case Files - Millionheir

A casual game for the DS.

One in a growing number if games that take pixel hunting to the extreme. Seems a tad odd that the most frustrating part of adventure games has now spawned a mini-genre of hunt and seek games.

Search the cluttered screens for specific items using different tools as you progress through the game. This will revela clues to the dissapearance of the Billionaire and his Heir.

The game occassionally throws in different puzzles in the shape of spot the differences, jigsaw puzzles, a couple of sliders and an annoying DNA game.

Overall it was an amusing little diversion, but not liable to set the gaming world alight.

5/10
Old 02-21-2009, 04:04 AM   #867
In an evening of July...

Dyson - a beautiful little indie strategy game. You goal is to occupy planets with, well, tree seeds. The gameplay mechanics are very basic, but there is still room for tactics. I'm actually hooked, playing the five levels over and over again.

No rating (it's indie, 2D, very minimalistic), but it is great.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #868

ObsCure 2: The Aftermath
Bad controls and story ruins this sequel.

Story: Bad trip dude
The events are moved from Leafmore High to Fallcreek University where the nightmares begin again, now as a result from inhaling smoke from a new type of weed. Some characters return from the first game, still tormented by their memories. Unlike the first game, there's an ongoing story this time around that actally use the characters, building upon them as the story goes along. It just doesn't happen to be a very good one.

Engine: Graphics & Sound
Not much to say here... ObsCure 2 is a PS2 port. It defenitely doesn't look like a 2008 PC game but I didn't find the game to look disturbingly bad and it doesn't look extraordinary good either. The voiceacting is rather poor, although sometimes it's so bad you have to laugh at it. The music is probably the best part, it's actually really good.

Gameplay
Gameplay ruined most of ObsCure 2 for me. The first problem is the save system that doen't allow you to save when you want. The game have some kind of checkpoint system in which you must use flowers to save. These are scattered through the game but you must save where you find them (in the first game you found limited disks that you could take with you). Then there's the controls that simply was too clunky to be used properly. You find limited amount of ammo throughout the game and you will use it all, which meant that the best weapon for a fight was the weapon you had ammo for. This lead to a constant weaponswapping. Defeating monsters usually meant tapping the firebutton wildly and hope you hit something as there was no time to think or use any strategy in a battle. The system for using equipment was really bad and you will probably fail to use healing items in combat. ObsCure 2 had given up the "fixed camera" of the first game and allow you to control the camera, but not enough and you will often find yourself cursing the game for not allowing you to look where you want to look.

Final Thoughts
I didn't have too many survival horror games left to play when I decided to check out ObsCure 1&2. And so I did. Am I glad I finished them? Maybe. Was it fun? Not really.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #869
The Reggienator

Fallout 3

I finally completed the game tonight.

In real life it took me about 3,5 months.

I played quite a lot as a high karma character, always doing the good stuff. I got distracted toooo much with the side quest, actually spending 3/4 of my gameplay time on side quests...

The total time it took me to finish the game was 46 hours.

I never experienced Fallout 2 which is said by many to be the best Fallout game? I remember I got the first game with some game magazine as a bundle.

The best I remember about the first game is Richard Dean Anderson as the voice of Killian Darkwater.

This game had a nice story, but it was rather short, the side quests gave some nice little backstories for the world, but still Fallout's wasteland seemed to be quite hollow and empty. There were not so many characters and most of them had the same voice actors. There was not so many different voices used for Fallout 3. Though I did like the selection of Liam Neeson as the father of the main character.

In the end my thoughts about the game? Well, it was a nice game as a full package. I don't regret that I played it, it had a nice story and it was fun to play, but I wish I hadn't focused so much on the sidestory hunting. I think if one were to play all the sidequests and explore the whole huge game area, then it would take about 100 hours to complete the game. The actual story part of the game is really short, I felt that it can be maybe completed in less than 10 hours.

Also there should've been more than 20 skill levels, I reached the maximum rather easily.

7,5/10
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #870
Random

Just finished little big adventure 2 twinsen's odyssey.

My gosh. What a wonderful and nostalgic game. I've good memories from it, not just ingame, but in my childhood too. Little big adventure 1 was one of the first game that i played on a pc, around 1994. Some years later i've tried LBA2 and just fell in love. It's the kind of game that you want to listen all dialogues, not just run and run to finish it quickly. Fathers should give to their kids, light language, stunning storyline, good graphics (for the year that it was realeased) and awesome gameplay!

10/10!

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #871

Just beat Dracula: Origin.

Didn't like it that much. It was great in the beginning, but then it kind of turned weird, puzzles are pretty easy, only had to use a walkthrough for one of the puzzles in the grave yard.

Story is pretty poor too, some things didn't make sense. Including voice stuff when you find a key for example, your charater goes all "Oh jee, I wonder what that's for!".

Ending is poor too, I mean just "kill" the vampire without using holy water or silver or whatever, I mean what the heck?

But yeah
Spoiler:
Dracula isn't dead in the end, anyway, so there's probably going to be a sequel.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #872
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
Fallout 3

Also there should've been more than 20 skill levels, I reached the maximum rather easily.
There are. You just have to pay for it That's the new way games are now. You get a semi-full game, and to get the full version, you pay for upgrades.

Firefox rules
Old 02-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #873

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
A very traditional shooter and not monoliths best.

Story: Fear Alma?
Forget everything you knew about F.E.A.R, as the protagonist, Paxton Fettel and the young Alma from that game won't return in F.E.A.R. 2. Still F.E.A.R. 2 begins where the first game ended. In F.E.A.R 2 you play another person, this one a Delta Force known as Michael Becket who in the start of the game takes on a routine mission to take in a Doctor Genevieve Aristide. Well, things doesn't go as planned, and after some brief encounters with the spirit of the adult Alma as well as a huge explosion Becket wakes up in a hospital, where it seems everyone is either dead or hostile. Truth to be told, there's not much story in F.E.A.R 2 and not many surprises either. It feels like you are constantly forced to go somewhere, often to meet someone, and on your way you have to shoot down forces from Armacham Technology Corporation (evil company) and replicas (produced by ATC) as well as killing some supernatural creatures aka "experiments". The game is filled with small cutscenes that tries to build mystery but it failed for me. There are also some flavor texts that can be found on datadisks scattered everywhere that add some more information about what's going on, but I still couldn't feel excited about the plot, maybe because if you have played F.E.A.R. 1 you already knew the story and then you knew what to expect.

Graphics is one of the games strongest point. F.E.A.R. 2 is no Gears of War or Crysis, but the game does everything you would ask from a modern shooter and some effects are extra neat to look at, such as the ghost effects. I also found enemies to be very well animated. The bits where you get to control a powerarmor is also very neat. I found some areas to be really detailed, such as the school, and others not so. The sound does it's job but I couldn't say it stood out.

Gameplay
F.E.A.R had very strong gameplay with it's bullet-time mode and F.E.A.R 2 have the same mechanics, but in general the game plays just like an ordinary First-Person shooter that comes out as an average game in general. You get your traditional "man the turret", "control a vehicle" which can be seen in most modern games. Vehicle yes, there are some very nice levels in which you get to control a powerarmor that is really cool and looks great, but somehow I didn't feel like they belonged in a horror game.

Final Thoughts...
Monolith have in the past produced games like the supercreepy Alien Vs Predator 2 or Condemned: Criminal Origins, and unique classics like No One Lives Forever. F.E.A.R. 1 had some scares to it but I didn't felt it to be as creepy as it's other titles, but at least it was by many considered one of PC's more loved FPS's. The first expansion gave some entertainment for fans of the first game but Perseus Mandate made most people dissappointed. F.E.A.R 2 wont go down in history as a classic, frankly it's a rather forgetable game that can be piled on top of the recent FPS's that simply does what they should but then nothing more. If you haven't yet played AvP2 or Condemned, I suggest you should do so and save F.E.A.R 2 to later.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #874
Part-time Optimist

Murder in the Abbey 6.5/10

Playing Now: Shadow of Destiny
Recently Finished: Emerald City Confidential,Dead Reefs
Old 02-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #875
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
A very traditional shooter and not monoliths best.

Story: Fear Alma?
Forget everything you knew about F.E.A.R, as the protagonist, Paxton Fettel and the young Alma from that game won't return in F.E.A.R. 2. Still F.E.A.R. 2 begins where the first game ended. In F.E.A.R 2 you play another person, this one a Delta Force known as Michael Becket who in the start of the game takes on a routine mission to take in a Doctor Genevieve Aristide. Well, things doesn't go as planned, and after some brief encounters with the spirit of the adult Alma as well as a huge explosion Becket wakes up in a hospital, where it seems everyone is either dead or hostile. Truth to be told, there's not much story in F.E.A.R 2 and not many surprises either. It feels like you are constantly forced to go somewhere, often to meet someone, and on your way you have to shoot down forces from Armacham Technology Corporation (evil company) and replicas (produced by ATC) as well as killing some supernatural creatures aka "experiments". The game is filled with small cutscenes that tries to build mystery but it failed for me. There are also some flavor texts that can be found on datadisks scattered everywhere that add some more information about what's going on, but I still couldn't feel excited about the plot, maybe because if you have played F.E.A.R. 1 you already knew the story and then you knew what to expect.

Graphics is one of the games strongest point. F.E.A.R. 2 is no Gears of War or Crysis, but the game does everything you would ask from a modern shooter and some effects are extra neat to look at, such as the ghost effects. I also found enemies to be very well animated. The bits where you get to control a powerarmor is also very neat. I found some areas to be really detailed, such as the school, and others not so. The sound does it's job but I couldn't say it stood out.

Gameplay
F.E.A.R had very strong gameplay with it's bullet-time mode and F.E.A.R 2 have the same mechanics, but in general the game plays just like an ordinary First-Person shooter that comes out as an average game in general. You get your traditional "man the turret", "control a vehicle" which can be seen in most modern games. Vehicle yes, there are some very nice levels in which you get to control a powerarmor that is really cool and looks great, but somehow I didn't feel like they belonged in a horror game.

Final Thoughts...
Monolith have in the past produced games like the supercreepy Alien Vs Predator 2 or Condemned: Criminal Origins, and unique classics like No One Lives Forever. F.E.A.R. 1 had some scares to it but I didn't felt it to be as creepy as it's other titles, but at least it was by many considered one of PC's more loved FPS's. The first expansion gave some entertainment for fans of the first game but Perseus Mandate made most people dissappointed. F.E.A.R 2 wont go down in history as a classic, frankly it's a rather forgetable game that can be piled on top of the recent FPS's that simply does what they should but then nothing more. If you haven't yet played AvP2 or Condemned, I suggest you should do so and save F.E.A.R 2 to later.
Yep. Pretty much sums it up. Monolith have gone down the same road with F.E.A.R. 2 as they did with Condemned 2. The story is definitely one of the weaker aspects of the game (unlike the original, which was more interesting). All the mystery in the sequel has been sucked out of it and, presuming you've played the first one, you know what you're up against.
Overall, graphics, frame-rates, weapons and combat feel much better in this one though. And it is pretty unnerving the first time you play it. The horror aspect is what i love about the F.E.A.R. games. But like the majority of horror games these days, once you've played through it once, the scary parts don't seem to work anymore. I wish horror games and movies would use more eerie and subtle horror/tricks. Something that gets under your skin and won't leave your mind no matter how many times you replay.

I'd give it the same as F.E.A.R. 1 - 3.5/5.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 02-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #876
Psychonaut

Time Hollow

Nice little DS game, you play Ethan Kairos as he hunts for his missing parents.

You recieve the "Hollow Pen" which allows you to draw holes into the past. So you start investigating and altering the past to save your friends and family.

Every time you change something you get flashbacks and the whole history changes forcing you to seek out new clues, new locations and new characters.

The story and the way it constantly changes is the best thing about this game it is very very good and addictive. I played through it in a couple of days as I just had to see what happens next.

Gameplay-wise it is fairly simple the game is very linear for a time travel story and virtually leads you by the nose.

The game is a lot of fun to play even if it is a bit simple, the story is the highlight, and it kept me wanting to know what happens next.

Most of the loose ends are tied up quite nicely and sequal potential is limited (Maybe a prequal).

8/10

OK now that i've said what I think about the game as it is.. I wanted to say about the missed opportunities.

With the time travel mechanic I though they should have given more control to the player to alter the futures and put in some moral ambiguity. Every time you changed the past it altered the present for friends and other characters, what if there was choices to be made..To get you family back or the perfect life you had to sacrifice or alter the life of a friend. Would you do it?

They needed to make the consequences of time manipulation more evident than the rosy I fixed everything ending.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #877

I finished The Longest Journey yesterday, and it really deserves its classic status, even more so after playing through it a second time. It offers brilliant storytelling, a wonderful universe to explore and loads of fun gameplay. The only negative thing I could find is that some parts of the game involve too much running back and forth, coupled with the fact that April doesn't move very fast (even when running).

8.5/10
Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #878
In an evening of July...

Mirror's Edge - better than I imagined, much better, as I didn't buy into the hype. I must admit I didn't follow the story at all, but the game mechanics, the soundtrack and the art style were great, I enjoyed the game immensly. The city is just.. beautiful, great use of colors and light. The adrenalin pumping chases reminded me of the beginning of HL2, the only part of HL2 I actually enjoyed. I heard people complain about the game being frustating - well, some scenes were a little harder than others, but not to the point where I would smash my head against the wall. They were challenging, but the savepoints were well placed, and I finished the game in two days. A new record for me, actually.

I think I'll play this game again some time just to see this city again. Can't wait for the sequel.

8/10

Oh, and I only found out that I could pick up the guns after the last fight. Doh.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #879

Killzone 2

What can I say? This game can be considered the very first FPS I've ever completed, because I've never been a hardcore FPS fan. Anyway, incredible graphics, decent atmosphere, ambience and music, good AI and great level design. I've tried playing through FPSs before, but I lost interest before even getting halfway. In this case, I enjoyed it all throughout the main campaign, and then dived into the online MP mode. Which also is something I'm rather new at... online gaming is usually not my thing, I'm a much bigger fan of good single player games than online games. With the occasional exception - for example, football games and sports games in general are quite fun.

Anyway, a great game, certainly worth playing if you like FPS, and if not, try it anyway because the graphics are just insane enough to keep you wanting to see more of the game.

Oh, and the main campaign is pretty much non-stop action throughout, so it's pretty hectic. So you never really had the time to get bored. It also has that "just a little bit further" feeling. You really don't want to put down the game once you start it.

9/10
Old 03-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #880
The Reggienator

Peter Jackson's King Kong - The Official Game of the Movie

The game was clearly originally made for Xbox360, there's that feeling that I got when I played the game. If I remember correctly the Xbox version was some high resolution version compared to the PC version?

This PC version was ported by some Romanian studio.

It's a really cool addition that the original actors of the movie took their roles also in the game.

The game was made by Ubisoft Montpellier, the studio of Michel Ancel. Peter Jackson played Beyond Good & Evil and immediately thought that he wants to make this game with Michel Ancel.

I give the game 8/10 because there are clear issues with the game having a console past and some graphical clitches and bugs are visible while playing the game.

The artwork is very beautiful, voice acting is very good by Jack Black, Adrian Brody etc.

Also this game does things in a kind unique way when it gives you two totally different characters to play around with, Jack Driscoll and King Kong.

I give huge thumbs up to Peter Jackson and Michel Ancel. PJ most likely had a huge influence in getting Michel Ancel the credit he deserves and in the end Ancel got the chance to finally make now the sequel to Beyond Good & Evil.