You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Last finished game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2006, 10:58 AM   #21
Schättenjager

Why,for me 5-6 ok,7-8 awesome 9-10 phenomenal so i think fair forCOC
as ok game,ok?
Old 04-15-2006, 11:08 AM   #22
DAVE

Finished Metal Gear Solid and I'm also replaying Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos in hard mode, currently at the orc campaign. I've gone and busted my old game CDs for nostalgic effects and am going through Metal Gear Solid 1, System Shock 2 and good ol' Airline Tycoon.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:40 AM   #23
Master of time and space

The Longest Journey - 7 out of 10.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #24

Sonic Rush 8/10
Phoenix Wright 9/10
Old 04-18-2006, 06:34 PM   #25

F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon): 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars. It's the best game I've played so far this year, and also quite possibly the best First-Person Shooter I've ever played. It's really that good.

Star Wars: Republic Commando is giving it a good contest, though.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:17 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to edlglide

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (at least I've completed the main storyline and all the guilds, and there's really not a lot of interesting content beyond them)

8/10

I think Oblivion is overrated -- the first few days of playing it are incredible, but then you start to notice a lot of flaws. It could have been a much better game than it is.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:53 AM   #27

Psychonauts: 8 1/2 out of 10 (once again Tim Schäfer shows what he is capable of and why he is so important for the industry)

The Godfather: 6 out of 10
Old 04-19-2006, 04:17 AM   #28
capsized.

Planescape: Torment 9 / 10

A thinking man's wet dream come true. And it's even fun to boot!

It's true. At least some aspects of the combat are easily amongst the weakest in any of the Infinity engine games ("Baldur's Gate", "Icewind Dale"), but this thingie is way more than just the sum of its parts. From the RPG mechanics to the awesome dialogue scripting (a massive amount of dialogue it is) - at the end of the day it feels like a format that was invented simply for *this* one plot and *this* plot alone.

And what a plot it is. It's games like these that make 99% of all things narrative-driven in todays video gaming industry look like the bland milktoast shit they (mostly) are. It's games like these that left you hanging... hungering for more. And you know that your chances to find anything like it are nill. As such, it's games like these that make you experience the same regret the game's protagonist has gone through. Simply because you started playing it. Finished it. And feel spoiled for all eternity.

Oh, the pains.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack
F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon): 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars. It's the best game I've played so far this year, and also quite possibly the best First-Person Shooter I've ever played. It's really that good.

Star Wars: Republic Commando is giving it a good contest, though.
FEAR was one of the last games I finished. An absolutely outstanding FPS.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #30
Iconoclast

Crime Stories: 4 out of 10.

I'm probably being generous with that score too. With the exception of the background art, it pretty much just sucked.

Prior to that:

Onimusha 3: 8.5 out of 10.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #31
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

CSI - Miami 6/10

It gets this because it's improved many of the issues I had with the former games (witch I'd given 4/10) and added some puzzles. The last case was really interesting, and nearly dragged it up to 7. But, it has still some problems, the character models look awful, and it's still holding your hand. Hoping that the new csi is better, but from the looks of the demo, it isn't..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 04-24-2006, 03:01 AM   #32
DAVE

WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos - 8/10
I've just finished WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos in Hard Mode. Since this was a first for me I feel I can actually grade it, since I know it a lot better now. A very good game, the strategy in the campaigns actually works a lot like normal strategy (keep melee in front, ranged in the back protected by melee, etc) and is very well balanced. It's the cutscenes that are somewhat cheesy, but still, a great great game (like you don't know already ).
Old 04-24-2006, 05:53 AM   #33

Scratches - 7/10 - the gameplay left me cold but the storyline was excellent. Any game that has you still wondering about it days later is a good one.

Fable - 7/10 - the controls kept me from being totally immersed in the game. I really enjoyed the game and the inclusion of so many mundane things to do made it fun. The ending was too abrupt for my liking - I left a lot of loose ends because for some reason I thought I'd be able to go back and tie them up. I still will go back after finishing the game but I really wanted to see the reactions of my NPCs to my amazing combat skills..
Old 04-24-2006, 07:00 AM   #34
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

5 Days A Sceptic. (8/10)
A really well done amateur adventure game!
Old 04-24-2006, 11:38 AM   #35

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - 8/10. Fun storyline and characters. A little bit too easy except the last boss.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:45 PM   #36
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Planescape: Torment 9 / 10

A thinking man's wet dream come true. And it's even fun to boot!

It's true. At least some aspects of the combat are easily amongst the weakest in any of the Infinity engine games ("Baldur's Gate", "Icewind Dale"), but this thingie is way more than just the sum of its parts. From the RPG mechanics to the awesome dialogue scripting (a massive amount of dialogue it is) - at the end of the day it feels like a format that was invented simply for *this* one plot and *this* plot alone.

And what a plot it is. It's games like these that make 99% of all things narrative-driven in todays video gaming industry look like the bland milktoast shit they (mostly) are. It's games like these that left you hanging... hungering for more. And you know that your chances to find anything like it are nill. As such, it's games like these that make you experience the same regret the game's protagonist has gone through. Simply because you started playing it. Finished it. And feel spoiled for all eternity.

Oh, the pains.
Torment truly rules the RPG-genre. Fallout 1 & 2 comes close in my opinion.
Anyway. Runaway 3+ out of 5
Old 04-24-2006, 07:47 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudysgarden
Scratches - 7/10 - the gameplay left me cold but the storyline was excellent. Any game that has you still wondering about it days later is a good one.

Fable - 7/10 - the controls kept me from being totally immersed in the game. I really enjoyed the game and the inclusion of so many mundane things to do made it fun. The ending was too abrupt for my liking - I left a lot of loose ends because for some reason I thought I'd be able to go back and tie them up. I still will go back after finishing the game but I really wanted to see the reactions of my NPCs to my amazing combat skills..
I have Fable: TLC for the PC. Really enjoyed that one, from start to finish. And the PC controls were some of the best I've played for a PC "drect control" action style RPG -- the controls for Fable: TLC PC are up there w/ Vamp: Bloodlines and Oblivion for PC RPG's that get the "Direct control" action style downpath.

Sure beats Gothic 1 and 2's clunky controls.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG
Planescape: Torment was amazing -- one of the best RPG's ever, if you ask me.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:59 PM   #38

Send a message via AIM to edlglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG
I still haven't played Planescape: Torment........but I think Arcanum is better than both of the Fallout games. It's the best RPG I've ever played.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:58 PM   #39
Lazy Bee

Still Life. I give it 9/10. Great atmosphere. The puzzles was absolutely my cup of tea Great story. Ending can be discussed as it already has been in a thread of its own. But I wasn´t that upset about it really.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #40

Dreamfall 7.9/10 The game dissapointed me. Especially the fight sequences and the fact, that it didn't finish properly.