Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Last finished game (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14290-last-finished-game.html)

JemyM 02-11-2007 02:58 AM

Last week I spent time on The Suffering and it's sequel Ties That Bind

The Suffering (8/10)
A good horror game that does most things right, except the graphics which is subpar. The concepts, the background story, the controls, the action, the horror feel and the sound effects are just great and the graphicans done a better job this game would be a 9/10. A great addition to any horrorfans list of memorable games and definitely in the top 10 horror games ever made. Reminds me about an Island version of Silent Hill.

Ties That Bind (6/10)
Only reccomended for thoose who enjoyed The Suffering enough to crave for more. The graphics is alot better and exactly how The Suffering should have been, but the gameplay, the horror, the background story and the plot is weaker. Also, the satisfying ending of TS is pretty much trashed by the sequel which left me unsatified (it actually CHANGES the "good" ending of TS).

MdaG 02-11-2007 03:00 AM

Rainbow Six: Vegas on realistic :)

Catbert 02-11-2007 09:42 AM

Finished both Fallouts. First Fallout 2 then the first, and loved it. I want more games like this!

maladroid 02-11-2007 10:16 AM

Been pretty busy with Neverwinter Nights Platinum these last couple of months. Finished the main campaign and both official expansions recently so now I am on the market for some nice modules to keep me in shape. Currently trying the Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher/Demon series which are quite satisfying so far (just completed the Shadowlords story, moving to Dreamcatcher soon).

I realize that my intellectual self-preservation should protest against the amount of hack-and-slash and the relative shallowness of the story and characters (which was substantially redeemed in HOTU, may I add) but these games are so much fun that the intellect penalty imposed seems like a negligible drawback. Perhaps I should stock on boosting potions (maybe a book I got unfinished or some quality adventure), though, just to be on the safe side. :shifty:

Overall, I think the trilogy deserves around 8.3/10.

Davies 02-13-2007 04:19 AM

Just picked up CSI again, now that I've found a walkthrough. Yes, yes, I know it's an easy game to solve, but it's not always so easy to get a perfect score. I was tearing my hair out trying to move from 99% to 100% on the second case. (Turned out I didn't spot a thread.) Now I can finally move on to the third case with a sigh of relief and a happy heart.

I've also uninstalled Emergency Room 2 and replaced it with Emergency Room 3. Not sure if that was such a good move. ER3 has better graphics and more realistic gameplay (a critical patient can die on the table if you don't jump in and do the right thing fast), but the controls are more confusing and it doesn't have nearly so many patients. I'll probably end up playing through it and then going back to ER2, which has plenty of faults -- including some really annoying programming errors -- but seems to be more fun.

I'm still intending to get back to Rhem. When I can find my map.

pedram_pd 02-15-2007 05:15 AM

Resident Evil 4 (PC) 9.5 \10

Putrid Moldyman 02-15-2007 06:15 AM

Phoenix Wright... I guess. I don't keep track anymore.

I'm not going to rate it. To be honest, I was really bored by the time the fifth case rolled around, but I did love the exeperience overall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catbert (Post 389667)
Finished both Fallouts. First Fallout 2 then the first, and loved it. I want more games like this!

Woohoo. That was my experience, too. I played the sequel first (enjoyed it), and then played the original and loved it.

insane_cobra 02-15-2007 06:21 AM

I finished Command & Conquer yesterday. I never managed to get to the end of the NOD campaign before and last night I was reminded why: the last NOD mission is just so bloody hard (at least the one I've chosen)! But I succeeded this time and moved on to Tiberian Sun. :)

Pathologic will have to wait a little longer.

JemyM 02-15-2007 09:47 AM

Halo 7/10
While the gameplay is top notch, Halo might just be the most repetitive FPS I have ever played.

MoriartyL 02-15-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemyM (Post 390954)
Halo 7/10
While the gameplay is top notch, Halo might just be the most repetitive FPS I have ever played.

That's what I thought too. When I mentioned at another forum that I didn't find it fun, they said it's only worth playing on the "Legendary" difficulty level. I don't know if that's true or not.

Hammerite 02-19-2007 10:31 AM

silent hill 3.

funny little ending, and i feel like replaying it on the easiest possible setting so i can see the bad ending and the UFO ending.

insane_cobra 02-19-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 392283)
silent hill 3.

funny little ending, and i feel like replaying it on the easiest possible setting so i can see the bad ending and the UFO ending.

Do it. If you've unlocked the light saber or the unlimited ammo SMG, it'll be a lot of fun.

SoccerDude28 02-19-2007 12:12 PM

Gears of War
8.9/10

+: Brilliant game play; Varied level design; breath taking graphics; good enemy AI; chainsaw
-: Dom's retarded AI; interface can get in the way of game play leading to unnecessary frustration(sticking to walls when you are trying to evade, can't revive fallen team mates or rev chain saw while in cover);
story is not fully revealed through the main campaign (you have to read the manual to understand what the hell is going on); Very short single player campaign

SnorkleCat 02-19-2007 11:05 PM

Secret Files Tunguska...3/10...I enjoyed the graphics and scenery- these were quite nice. It was picturesque. Unfortunately the puzzles were mostly silly, the voice acting pretty bad and the story and character development could have been better.

Hammerite 02-20-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra (Post 392293)
Do it. If you've unlocked the light saber or the unlimited ammo SMG, it'll be a lot of fun.

i got the unlimited SMG for two reasons.

because:
1. i ran out of handgun ammo in the middle of fighting god, so i had to use the katana
and
2. i never got the shotgun, since i didnt know where it was (i spent the whole game thinking "all this ammo, where's my gun?")

it took a very long time, i'll tell you that (with one first aid kit and one ampoule, it was rather taxing)

TangentBlack 02-22-2007 11:11 AM

I finish both MDK2 and Messiah. I have mixed opinions on both but on the whole I suppose I was entertained.

As for MDK2, the game caused me to wonder how many people enjoy scatological humor over more, say, "classier" jokes? Again and again were there puns about feces, toilets, and urine that really got old right from the get-go. The game was generally fun but I can't rightly decide how the game was an underdog "classic" on so many gamer forums. Perhaps it was because of its prequel?

Anyways, Messiah also had some interesting attributes but boy was it buggy! I had to search for numerous fan developed patches in order to get the game to run. Not only that, but the character models looked almost like a miasma of colors and shapes that morphed every so often when you moved or performed an action. I liked the Omikron-style body switching (I have always been a fan of that kind of gameplay ever since the sleeper hit Space Station Silicon Valley for the 64), even more when the bodies that I switched into varied in many categories. Bob's voice was an unexpected laugh, too. I Wish the game was put together better and I might have actually enjoyed it a lot more.

JemyM 02-23-2007 08:53 AM

Runaway 2 9/10
Best looking adventuregame I have seen since Myst IV. Long and twisting storyline, loveable characters.

Catbert 02-23-2007 04:04 PM

Finished Planescape: Torment right now

8/10 IMO. The story, like in KOTOR 2, blew my mind in the end, and it felt like it actually has a meaning to it. Not just SAVE THE WORLD LEWL. You're going to feel for the nameless one's character and his search for himself.

JemyM 02-25-2007 12:17 AM

Sanitarium 6/10
I like the overall theme of the game but while the game ties it all together towards the end, some sequences are too far away from the main storyline causing an inconsistent game. Had they skipped thoose parts or tied them better to the story the overall experience would have been better.

Spoiler:
The Circus and the Aztec did not belong to the game. The other parts (including the Cyclops level) gave you hints what was going on through binding the events to cutscenes that progressed the plot, but thoose two had nothing to do with the story or the rest of the game.

MdaG 02-25-2007 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemyM (Post 393827)
Sanitarium 6/10
I like the overall theme of the game but while the game ties it all together towards the end, some sequences are too far away from the main storyline causing an inconsistent game. Had they skipped thoose parts or tied them better to the story the overall experience would have been better.

Spoiler:
The Circus and the Aztec did not belong to the game. The other parts (including the Cyclops level) gave you hints what was going on through binding the events to cutscenes that progressed the plot, but thoose two had nothing to do with the story or the rest of the game.

Heh, the circus was my favorite part of the game :) .