You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Last finished game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #181

Beat GUN for the Gamecube last weekend. Did it in two days, probably about 5 to 6 hours of playtime, having done most or all of the side quests. Fun little game, some obvious flaws; worth the $10 I paid for it new, but not worth much more.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:58 AM   #182

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Divine Divinity (8/10) (How did I miss this gem?)
Old 01-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #183
kamikaze hummingbirds

btw, i've read that silent hill 3 has connections to silent hill 1.
should i bother looking hard for the first, or is there really no need?
Old 01-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #184

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
btw, i've read that silent hill 3 has connections to silent hill 1.
should i bother looking hard for the first, or is there really no need?
All four SH games are worth playing. Silent Hill 1 is an excellent game and still incredibly creepy despite the aging PS graphics. I played it after SH2 and I ended up liking SH even more. Throughout all four games I still consider the school from SH1 to be the creepiest place.

SH1 plays extremely well in playstation emulators for PC, I used one of theese to finish the game myself.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #185

I finished playing The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay last night about 12:15p.m. on my second playthrough, this time on the Normal Setting. It is one of the best action games I have ever played because it's exciting, and challenging at the same time. Playing as Riddick is awesome, especially when you're creeping around in the dark, and killing a guard from behind.

Last edited by Zack; 01-15-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #186

I started and finished Physicus in a couple of days before Christmas (when I had no work to do -- hooray! -- and could essentially play games all day).

It was fairly easy, as expected for a game aimed at roughly school age, but pretty darn satisfying. It has become my new model for how educational games ought to be.

And I even FINALLY managed to learn how pulleys work!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #187
Vigilant

Hey Jemy, what set Divine Divinity apart from other overhead hack & slasher RPGs? Usually you and I have similar gaming tastes judging from some of your posts so I was thinking about purchasing it but a little hesitant because I don't want a repeat gaming experience considering all the other games I have to play.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #188

Recently finished Morrowind. All expansions. Now I'm playing Mods.

Wow, IMO this is a much better game than Oblivion.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:22 AM   #189
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Just finished Max Payne. As far as TPS' go, it's alright.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #190

Send a message via MSN to Briton

I polished off Timesplitters: Future Perfect over Christmas because my file corrupted (it's the Gamecube version if you are interested). Also completed Conflict Desert Storm on 4 player around the same time.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #191
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentBlack View Post
Hey Jemy, what set Divine Divinity apart from other overhead hack & slasher RPGs? Usually you and I have similar gaming tastes judging from some of your posts so I was thinking about purchasing it but a little hesitant because I don't want a repeat gaming experience considering all the other games I have to play.
I felt it had more depth than for instance Diablo. You can basically pick up anything and the world feels more alive. In the hack 'n slash genre I've played Nox, Diablo 1 & 2 and Divine Divinity. The only one that left an impression was DD.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #192
Vigilant

Ok, sounds good. I have also played Nox and Diablo 1 & 2; if DD is better than those two than it is well worth the purchase. Thanks MdaG.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #193

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Very light on the RPG side (kinda disappointed on this aspect of the game) but heavy on the action ---- an enjoyable game overall.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:01 AM   #194

I finally finished GTA:Liberty City Stories on Saturday.

Vice City Stories is on it´s way to PS2 as well ...

http://pspupdates.qj.net/GTA-Vice-City-Stories-now-headed-for-PS2/pg/49/aid/80117#comments
Old 01-22-2007, 06:31 PM   #195
Ghettobob22

Indigo Prophecy(Fahrenheit) - 7/10
Picked this up for my PS2 awhile ago, great unique game despite its flaws.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:25 AM   #196

Echo: Secret of the Lost Cavern

This game starts out really well with some creative and challenging puzzles. But halfway through, something went wrong during development. There's a lack of feedback so you often do not know what exactly is expected of you with a puzzle, so in the end your just clicking on everything in a trial-and-error kind of way. This is only worsened by the fact the game is linear as hell. Literally only one puzzle at a time. Solve that one, and you progress to the next one. Combine that with a complete non-ending (that secret of the title remains just that) and you've got flawed game that starts out great, but ends up being a disappointment.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #197
gin soaked boy

FInished Giants: Citizen Kabuto. Didn't think much of it at first, but it's a good game. Not brilliant, but good. Nice variety of missions (yet they somehow manage to feel repetitive at times), decent graphics (amazing for that time), so-so gameplay and bad humor. Fine, but I expected more from people who made one of my favorite games of all time (and that would be MDK).
Old 01-25-2007, 11:18 PM   #198
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Yikes...I can't remember...I've been going through an RPG/Strategy phase and have been playing Wesnoth, Morrowind, and Oblivion for months....but I also have lots of adventure games that I've started but haven't finished yet (Tunguska, Last Express, Broken Sword)...the last finished one might have been Gabriel Knight 3...eep...why can't I remember? I need ginkgo.

For cell phone games, I recently finished Prince of Persia; Sands of Time and Johnny Crash Does Texas.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:14 PM   #199

Well, I finished playing Dreamfall: The Longest Journey on the X-Box at 12a.m, and I loved it.

The gameplay, was fun, and a little easy, even though the stealth sequences were tricky to do. The puzzles had a very logical feel to them, although the two mini-games with the lockpick and the mobile phone were really frustrating. The highlight of the game for me was the story, and the Characters. The Characters were wonderful, and it was a real pleasure seeing Crow and April Ryan again. The story was also really intriguing, and it motivated me to go on after each plot twist was introduced.

Finally, the game had the most dramatic ending that I've ever seen in an adventure game. And it definitely left room for a sequel. I have to wonder now if Funcom will make a new Longest Journey game or not. So, overall I thought it was a great game, and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:43 PM   #200

I've just finished RainbowSix:Vegas, what a huge dissapointment Where did my tactical shooter go?