Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Oblivion question: CE vs Vanilla (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14169-oblivion-question-ce-vs-vanilla.html)

RLacey 04-04-2006 07:05 AM

Oblivion question: CE vs Vanilla

For want of a better term, I've been screwed over a copy of the Oblivion Collector's Edition, which mysteriously never came into stock at the place where I preordered it, and the only places that still have stock are charging at least £32 for it (in comparison with about £24 for the vanilla edition). So, to anyone who actually has the CE, is it actually worth paying the extra?

Lucien21 04-04-2006 10:03 AM

The only difference is the book, making of cd and coin you get with the CE.

Makes no difference to the acual game

artwking4 04-04-2006 10:10 AM

Wow, a coin. I say render unto Septim what belongs to Septim and get the regular version and spend the extra money on the strategy guide.

CrimsonBlue 04-04-2006 11:05 AM

At least it's the coin is of a high quality. Though I'm dissapointed that the map wasn't made of cloth.

RLacey 04-04-2006 11:35 AM

What is the book like? And the documentary?

CrimsonBlue 04-04-2006 01:57 PM

I'm not big on documentaries, so I haven't checked that one out. I'm not much of a reader either, but the book seems interesting for those who likes to read up on the history of Tamriel.

It may sound like I only bought the CE for the coin, but in reality I'm just a collector who likes to have special edition of everything he buys. I like feeling special.

Starflux 04-04-2006 02:10 PM

The extra's in the CE are of the 'nice' category. They're not mandatory or spectacular, but they also come very cheap. I only had to pay FIVE Euros extra for them. That's obviously less than 6 Pounds, but it's still a small price for a CE with adequate extra's.

Fop 04-04-2006 02:20 PM

Just get the regular. The CE doesn't have anything you need. I don't regret getting it, though.

RLacey 04-04-2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flux
The extra's in the CE are of the 'nice' category. They're not mandatory or spectacular, but they also come very cheap. I only had to pay FIVE Euros extra for them. That's obviously less than 6 Pounds, but it's still a small price for a CE with adequate extra's.

Well, the CE is now out of stock everywhere. I obviously picked the wrong place to preorder from :(.

jjacob 04-04-2006 04:15 PM

Vanilla - I don't see how the extras improve my gaming experience in any way (still have the coin etc. in the packaging, what the hell do I need that for? :crazy: ). I got the CE for thesame price as the regular version, but I wouldn't pay extra for it ;)

The way I look at it, some games that I am almost certain to love....I spend extra and get the collectors editions. Why? Well because I know somewhere down the line I'd wish I did, just for the sake of owning the definitive version. I mean, there are some older games I wish I had the collections of (sierra games and DOOM to name a few) and I kick myself today for not buying them. I'm not an Ebay person considering I have no credit card.

RLacey 04-05-2006 03:21 AM

Well, the CE does hold its value far better than the standard edition...

But I guess I'm stuck with the Vanilla now that the store has screwed up. I'm just waiting for their reply before I place an order...

Tanukitsune 04-05-2006 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Well, the CE is now out of stock everywhere. I obviously picked the wrong place to preorder from :(.

Tell me about it, my copy is probably the only one without the coin, so it's kinda like having the vanilla one...

I've been trying to find the CE one, just so I can return the fautly one...

RLacey 04-05-2006 06:08 AM

Have you tried contacting Take 2 directly?

Tanukitsune 04-05-2006 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Have you tried contacting Take 2 directly?

I'm still waiting for their reply...:frown:

Karmillo 04-05-2006 08:07 AM

Im not sure about down where you live but up here HMV has piles of the collectors one

RLacey 04-05-2006 08:43 AM

At £35 or more. And I'd have to wait until I go back to uni :frown:...

Jatsie 04-05-2006 09:36 AM

I want to see what the coin looks like.