You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #1841
Stalker of Britain

Trunkyo! You've played Below the Root? I would love to play it again, but on my Commodore 64 emulator, I can't get the game to start. I've "loaded" the second disk, but I can't pick any of the options.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #1842
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Ack, another game for the never ending to-play pile...

Have you tried the DOS version? Is it inferior in any way to the original? It seems to work without issues in DosBox.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #1843
Stalker of Britain

There's a DOSbox version?! lol I don't suppose you have a link...?
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #1844
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Oh, sorry, thought you had it. The first site I tried had a whole bunch, was actually harder to find the Commodore version
Here's one.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #1845
Stalker of Britain

No, I was trying to run it in CCS64 (the Commodore 64 emulator). I've found a version of the DOSBox one, and when I finally got it working, it says, "Insert program disk then press enter". I have no idea how to insert the program disk for it. You don't happen to know, do you?
Old 04-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #1846
MoP
Comfortably Numb

There should be two .exe files, BTROOT and LOADER. You probably tried with BTROOT? That one hangs on the 'press enter' screen. Running with LOADER did the trick for me (that screen doesn't even show up).
Old 04-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #1847
Stalker of Britain

Aww, thanks a lot! I finally got it working, no problems. I forgot how to navigate, but I'm picking it up quickly. Thanks so much for the help, MoP!
Old 04-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #1848
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Hey, thanks for pointing out a fun looking game Glad I could help.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #1849

Default Overclocked: A History of Violence

Playing Overclocked and just finished the second flashback. This game got a pretty good rating even at Gamespot so I'm surprised at how slow and hooked up it gets at flashback and other video sequences. Black screens with nothing to indicate what's going on between events sucks the adventure right out of a game. Otherwise, the story, voiceovers and art seem okay. Actually, the lead voice is excellent. I think he's used a lot and might be the same guy that's in Moment of Silence.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 04-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #1850
kamikaze hummingbirds

Starting to replay Final Fantasy VIII now that I've finally got it working on Vista.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #1851

I'm playing The Pandora Directive. It's been years since I last played it, but I remember all the little details so clearly -- a sign of an amazing adventure. I'm up to Day 4.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:30 PM   #1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLives View Post
Playing Overclocked and just finished the second flashback. This game got a pretty good rating even at Gamespot so I'm surprised at how slow and hooked up it gets at flashback and other video sequences. Black screens with nothing to indicate what's going on between events sucks the adventure right out of a game. Otherwise, the story, voiceovers and art seem okay. Actually, the lead voice is excellent. I think he's used a lot and might be the same guy that's in Moment of Silence.
I so wanna play that game. I did the demo a while back and loved it.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 04-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #1853

Default Currently playing...

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.

Currently on the third level.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #1854
Random

God of War 3

My copy has just arrived! I'm still in the tutorial.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #1855

Currently, I'm playing one of my all-time favourites: Commandos 2: Men of Courage. In my eyes, this is a perfect game. Even today, it looks, sounds and plays fantastic!

I've played it many times before, but with the game such as Commandos, you can change your approach every time, so it never gets boring. On top of it all, I still haven't achieved the highest rank of Field-Marshall -- the best I've managed so far was Brigadeer, I think -- so this also keeps me going. Right now, I've reached the "Saving Private Smith" mission. I've managed to get the promotion on every mission so far, apart from "Bridge over the River Kwai". Strangely, I don't get any merit at all on this one!? Maybe it's a bug when playing on the highest difficulty. Looks like I'll have to make do with the rank of General, which is also uncertain, especially with "Smith" mission. In my past playthroughs, this was the mission which usually cost me the promotion. I've re-thinked my strategy, so maybe I'll make it this time.

I still havent played "Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines" and "Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty", though I've tried the first one and liked it pretty much. The graphic isn't bad as I expected (for such an old game), but it frustrates me that many functions that are available in Commandos 2 and 3 weren't yet implemented in the first two games, so I'll have to change my strategy slightly.

"Commandos 3: Destination Berlin" is IMO a big step back comparing to my favourite "Men of Courage", but the spirit of Commandos is still present, which certainly isn't the case with the latest "Commandos: Strike Force". If Pyro decides to make another "Commandos" game, I really hope they'll return on the paths of glory.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III

Last edited by terhardp; 04-16-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:05 AM   #1856

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLives View Post
Your lawyer friend in Overclocked is the same voice as the jugular guy (maybe main characters dad? I forget) in the Whispered World demo too. I only noticed because i played them both a few days ago.

I enjoyed Overclock and felt that the flash backs were pretty good but wished they had more environments. I mean Moment of Silence had plenty of variety in environments except for the very beginning of the game but in overclocked you really only have your hotel, bar, and work. And you only have puzzles really only during flashbacks. Maybe they took criticisim for TMOS for being too difficult and felt like they had to simplify the game.

Recently finished or playing: Sam and Max episode 2, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Fallout 3, Alpha Protocal.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #1857
Stalker of Britain

God, I don't know how people do it. Louie is a Halo first person-shooter gamer till the day he dies, but when they made a Halo real-time strategy, he tried it out and can play it on Legendary.

I'm playing "Battle for Middle Earth 2" on easy, and it's kicking my ass! I mean, I have it on the easiest setting, and it's still a real challenge for me.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #1858

Send a message via MSN to L-Jazz

I'm playing Venetica right now and I'm enjoying it so very much! It's a very good RPG/Adventure game from the developer's that brought us Ankh & Jack Keane. IMO Venetica is much better than anything they've done before.

Anyway, I'm in the Arsenal district and have just burned the Black Grimoire and been poisoned by that African princess, so now I have to go and find an antidote so I can continue my other quests!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #1859

Continued a bit with Secret Files, finished the Cuba chapter. The combination for the safe had me really baffled. Perhaps I shouldn't have drunk beer first.

I'm constantly astounded by the level of realism in this game. It's still obviously animated, but the designs are sublime.

Ireland is next. I don't really like the two playable characters thing. I'd rather stay with Nina

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 04-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #1860
Junior Mint

Mass Effect. LITERALLY, I have only seen the opening cinematic with Shepard and the crew in the cockpit, and then read the Codex entries, before I had to save and quit. Look forward to getting some time to finally sit down with this game.