You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2010, 01:43 AM   #1821
Lazy Bee

I'm at the very end of Still Life 2 and in spite of having to replay quite a long sequence in order to avoid (as it seems) a stupid bug I've really enjoyed the game.
I could have been without the timed sequences though.
I've died over and over since I can't handle the stress of having a countdown clock ticking in the corner. And it's taken forever to load a previous game in order to continue. *rips hair*

Now I just need to kill the bad guy.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #1822
Random

The Black Mirror

I've just started, still exploring the available areas. Looks like an interesting adventure, despite the terrible voice "acting".

Just Cause 2

This game is so much fun! Completely exaggerated, and the plot is dull and full of clichés, but it's very entertaining.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:46 AM   #1823
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
The Black Mirror

I've just started, still exploring the available areas. Looks like an interesting adventure, despite the terrible voice "acting".
I can still do a mean impression of Samuel Gordon. I may record it at some point and post it here.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #1824
Stalker of Britain

I'm making a Sim neighborhood based on Saxton, with the people and places as close as I can make them. Obviously it won't be perfect, but I'm so obsessed with this game that it seems really cool to me. Eh, as long as you don't mind the giant tower of Baradur from Lord of the Rings with animated eye and everything in a corner. I wish I had SimCity so I could hand-make the terrain to have the roads and everything like Saxton.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #1825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I'm making a Sim neighborhood based on Saxton, with the people and places as close as I can make them. Obviously it won't be perfect, but I'm so obsessed with this game that it seems really cool to me. Eh, as long as you don't mind the giant tower of Baradur from Lord of the Rings with animated eye and everything in a corner. I wish I had SimCity so I could hand-make the terrain to have the roads and everything like Saxton.
Nice !

Don´t forget to post some pictures
Memento Mori/Heavy Rain-Taxidermist
Replay: ---
Favorite Adventure: Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars
waiting to be played: Sanitarium, Perry Rhodan, Tex Murphy FMV Series
Old 04-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #1826
Stalker of Britain

lol I will, if it turns out good, but I have my doubts.

I need to get some pictures of the characters so I can try to make a close approximation. For example, Mr. Oogle and Verity Church were going to live in a house called "Town Hall" or Museum, haven't decided, that I would fill with sculptures and stuff like in the museum. Only problem is, people in families can't have different last names, so Nanny Noah and Bob Tawny (who I was going to put in the same house) will have to be Nanny Tawny. lol
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #1827
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
I've just saved before the fight with the Fear. I've played the Virtous Mission a few times but It's the first time I'm playing mission Snake Eater.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #1828
Stalker of Britain

So, here's a small taste of a bit of Saxton that I made today. Not sure if I should start my own thread, we'll see how well it goes. Here's the beginning of Saxton, and even some "Barrow Hill" in there.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #1829
kamikaze hummingbirds

BioShock 2.

I'm liking it, so far.
Turn off the quest arrow; and let yourself be immersed in Rapture once more.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #1830
Junior Mint

The Witcher, second playthrough. I am about 1/3 of the way through Chapter 2. I'll be siding with the Scoia'tel this time through, and I plan to get all the trophy monster rewards and as many naked girl cards as possible.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #1831
Stalker of Britain

I'm playing "Rhiannon" at the moment, but I'm not liking it too much. The story to me isn't very appealing, like the Dark Fall/Barrow Hill games, and the characterization seems a little dry. The puzzles make hardly any sense to me, and it's become a bit of a chore to continue playing. The graphics are a bit too unreal, a bit too stiff, and the sounds, like the music that plays in the background when something happens, almost makes me laugh. I'll be putting this on the back-burner.

Not terrible; I really liked the email puzzles, but it's just not grabbing my attention.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #1832
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Post Mortem (Windows)
I just played for an hour or so. Really nice pre-rendered cutscenes, the game as a whole looks nice. The only problem so far is the dialogue tree. The thing seems totally chaotic. The models animation is really bad but I would be willing to overlook that if the dialogue felt more natural.

The Secret of Monkey Island - Special Edition (Windows)
Only played for an hour, first playthrough ever. Seems fun, but I'm not in the mood for comedy so I guess I'll drop it for a few days.

Chrono Trigger (Nintendo DS)
Forgive the pun but this game was years ahead of it's time. Still looks beautiful and plays great.
Spoiler:
I just had my gate to the magical kingdom sealed and I'm traveling through periods to open those boxes and doors I couldn't before.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
I loved MGS3 so much that I had to at least try the sequel. The command scheme feels a bit strange but I'm getting used to using Circle to select weapon's or items.
I only played a few minutes, until I had my first radio conversation with Para-medic and Sigint. Big Boss new sneaking suit looks great.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #1833

Continuing my second playthrough of "Final Fantasy 12". Did the Goliath and Deathscythe hunt, just accepted the Catoblepas hunt. Several other hunts still lined up. Doing these to level up before going to Ridorana.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 04-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #1834

Kings Quest 6. A fair way in, I finished the annoying labyrinth and have spoken to the druids and now I'm trying to put together the stuff I need for the spell to capture that night horse thing.
Pretty cool game, most of the death scenarios are pretty fair, though I'm saving every two seconds in case I screw up and kill myself.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #1835
Stalker of Britain

I'm so excited! I remember when I was very young, I used to play this game about a bum on the Commodore 64.

Well, I've finally got it working on my computer! I've been playing "Rags to Riches" none stop since yesterday, and the old love of the game mixed with the old frustration is just how I remember it. Those stupid robbers and IRS men keep stealing all my money and I have to start from scratch, but I still love this game as much as I did then.

Now, if only I could get "Below the Root" to work, the reclaiming of my childhood will be complete. Okay, not quite, since I still can't find a Gigapet...
Old 04-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #1836
Junior Mint

Quote:
Those stupid robbers and IRS men
same thing.

and also: http://www.virtualpet.com/vp/faq/faqvp.htm
Old 04-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #1837
Stalker of Britain

You've played it? I thought I was the only person in the world to have heard of it!

And that site is pretty cool. I had a really neat Panda giga pet knock-off, who could watch tv, etc. If you ever run across anything like that...
Old 04-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #1838
Junior Mint

Quote:
You've played it? I thought I was the only person in the world to have heard of it!
No, I was making a cynical comment about the IRS.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #1839
Stalker of Britain

Aww, I thought I wasn't the only one who had played it...lol
Old 04-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #1840
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Just started Undercover: Operation Wintersun on Friday, but didn't play on Saturday because I had to go out of town. Not too hard so far, still exploring the KWI in Berlin.

Below the Root... seriously, Fantsie?! I loved that game! It boggles the mind to realize that I first played it on my uncle's Apple II... a few years before you were born! Ack!

Last edited by Trunkyo; 04-11-2010 at 03:04 PM.