You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #1801
Lazy Bee

I'm enjoying Still Life 2 quite a lot in spite of timed sequences and dying. Right now I'm stuck (as Paloma) in a morgue-looking room. I'm trying to figure out how to open a door with a code lock and some tiles that can be pressed.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #1802
The Quiet One

Aliens vs. Predator

Just want to get 2 more achievements and then I'm finished with it. I've had enough. Both achievements require playing the Alien campaign and smashing all the Royal Jelly Canisters and 'Harvesting' civilians.

Half-Life: Source

Just arrived in Xen.

The Beast Within - A Gabriel Knight Mystery

On Chapter 4 - the beginning

Final Fantasy XIII

Just started Chapter 3
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #1803

Playing GK2 -- I'm at the end. However, I just don't have split-second timing. Try, try, try and try again...
Old 03-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #1804

Final Fantasy XIII, just started really.

Just finished Assassin's creed 2.

In about half a week I'll be playing God of War 3.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #1805
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
Playing GK2 -- I'm at the end. However, I just don't have split-second timing. Try, try, try and try again...
Hey Sharon, if you're having trouble, are you at the bit where Gabriel is trying to time a jump in wolf form? I had so many problems with that, until someone told me
Spoiler:
you don't have to jump when he's in mid air. All you have to do is wait till after the cutscene of the other wolf growling.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-12-2010, 03:27 AM   #1806

Send a message via AIM to Gledster Send a message via MSN to Gledster Send a message via Yahoo to Gledster

Finished Dreamfall, now on Tales Of Monkey Island, Siege of Spinner Cay. Right close to the start and enjoying it. There's something about the Monkey Island brand of humour that is just great.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:30 AM   #1807
Failed Birthday Elf

GK2 with the playthrough and re-playing Oblivion.

I forgot how much I enjoyed Oblivion, i'm about half way through the main quest and guild quests so far. I've also got Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles which I haven't played yet but will start to do shortly.

Advice wanted: Is it better to complete the main quest/game generally before going onto the DLC or not?
Old 03-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #1808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hey Sharon, if you're having trouble, are you at the bit where Gabriel is trying to time a jump in wolf form? I had so many problems with that, until someone told me
Spoiler:
you don't have to jump when he's in mid air. All you have to do is wait till after the cutscene of the other wolf growling.
Thanks! I checked UHS hints and used their hint and it worked! I finally finished the game. It was just so good, that now I feel compelled to start GK3.
Played this one before as well, but didn't like it as much. It's been a long time though, so maybe I'll like it more now on second play.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #1809
Stalker of Britain

Yeah, I looked at a trailer for GK3, and I did not like the animation for the characters, etc. I'm wondering if the story is good enough for me to play, since the artwork has turned me off.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #1810

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
Advice wanted: Is it better to complete the main quest/game generally before going onto the DLC or not?
It's irrelevant. You can do as you please, even if I'd maybe postpone Shivering Isles until you finished the main quest.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #1811
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Spoiler:
That was me wasn't it?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #1812
In an evening of July...

FFXIII - around ten hours in, and frankly, it still sucks. The writing is beyond horrible, the dub is ridiculous, and the actual game-part of the game consists of long, tedious fights and recycled scenery.

Stalker: Call to Prypiat - absolutely amazing, the most immersive game I've played in a long while. Now obviously the shooting doesn't feel too fluent, the UI is a product of the last century and the engine is very dated, but still, the atmosphere of the game compensates for all these flaws. I was rather disappointed by the prequel, it didn't feel open enough and you spent way too much time underground - this is a definite improvement. I'm currently on my way to Prypiat, which I'm very much looking forward to.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #1813
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Final Fantasy VI (Playstation)
I'm just waiting for the perfect afternoon off to finish it.

Guitar Hero II (Playsation 2)
I haven't played Guitar Hero in a while so I'm praticing on the easy mode career mode, specially double strumming.

Sam & Max - Save the World: The Mole, The Mob, and the Meatball (Windows)
Played for about an hour and I feel I'm really close to the end. I've completed the three tasks I was assigned.

Plants vs Zombies (Windows)
I've got everything I could and wanted from this game. I loved every minute but I'm almost ready to retire PvZ. There's only one Steam Achievement that I haven't unlocked, a streak of 10 in I, Zombie Endless. I'm giving it a few shots before I'm done with it.

Ben There, Dan That! (Windows)
Funny, though not so funny as I was led the believe. I din't like the hub corridor structure but I'm having fun with it.

Lure of the Temptress (Windows)
Played a few minutes to get the gist and understand how to use the Tell command.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #1814

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Playing Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening. Five hours in, and I'm really, really liking it.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-17-2010, 11:09 PM   #1815
merely human

Dragon Age: Origins Awakening. 10 1/2 hours in (what can I say, I love poking around).
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #1816
long live the dragons

Send a message via MSN to pointandcliklover

ace attorney miles edgeworth investigations
i only have the last turnabouty to go but im not sure if i want to play it.

i feel if i do its that series ended .. for now but also i feel i have just started the game i mean i have only just found out who miles sidekick is.

Marise-Chiko
Old 03-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #1817

Send a message via AIM to Gledster Send a message via MSN to Gledster Send a message via Yahoo to Gledster

Tales of Monkey Island: The Trial and Execution of Gybrush Threepwood.

Was playing intensively then got bored wandering around the forest again! I dislike mazes, ever since playing Operation Stealth from Delphine Software back in the early 90s.

I'll probably try and finish it on my day off this week.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #1818

playing:

-Metro 2033: the atmosphere in this game is really good and intense. The game is more linear then Stalker and pretty similar to half-life 2 so that is neither a plus nor minus. the combat takes a little bit to get used to and it is pretty hard a parts but im enjoying so far. It reminds of a mixture of call of cthulhu dark corners of the earth (no on screen prompts, difficulty, horror elements)and half-life 2 (the way the story is told through npcs and your character does not talk).

-Sherlock holmes vs jack the Ripper: at the second murder and am liking so far. i've never played a sherlock game before so i dont know what to compare it to but i like the look of the town and atmosphere which reminds me more of an rpg than traditional adventure game. I also like the first person perspective.

-Final Fantasy 13- I've never really gotten into a final fantasy game before this (i played lost odyssey for about 10 hours) and this game took me a little time to get into but its growing on me a little. The story is ok and the dialogue is cheesy but overall its pretty entertaining. The gameplay does pretty much consist of running down a straight corridor than a fight but the fighting mechanics feel pretty fresh for a turn based type game. I just purchased ff 10 so i'll play that in a little bit.

Recently finished or playing: Sam and Max episode 2, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Fallout 3, Alpha Protocal.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #1819
kamikaze hummingbirds

I'm going to be playing Bioshock 2 soon enough, and then I might replay (sort of, given that I've never properly finished) Final Fantasy VIII for the PC.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:07 AM   #1820

Well, I bought The Longest Journey and Sanitarium during GOG's weekend sale and started playing The Longest Journey. I've played it before and just love this game. Now I'm in a toss-up between playing GK3 and TLJ. In TLJ I made it to Chapter 2. In GK3 I'm still in the first time segment.

I'm definitely going to continue with TLJ, but I may also play GK3 at the same time. And now and then some Divine Divinity. I haven't been playing that for a while and need to refresh myself on the game and where I am.