You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #1761
Stalker of Britain

I'm playing one of my favorite real-time strategy games, "Dragonshard". I'm not really into strategy/rpg games at all, besides on turn-based rpg I loved (Disciples Gold 2), so it surprised me I liked this one so much. I mean, I've tried "Battle for Middle Earth 2" and everything, but I just really like this one. I think it's because I read the books it was based on, and I lvoe the world that was created. It's fun, and I really love Bastion.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #1762
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I've been playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat and I've been really enjoying it. I've always wanted to like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games in the past but they've always been so buggy and frustratingly difficult that I couldn't really stick with them. This one's a lot more accessible and stable, and it still has one of the most unique and atmospheric environments to explore. There's nothing quite like wandering through the haunting pitch black wasteland of an irradiated Russian landscape only to come across the warming glow of a campfire in which a fellow explorer is sitting next to and playing guitar.

I also picked up the Space Quest Collection from GOG so I could finally play SQ6, which I had never played before. It was really disappointing. SQ5 still holds up really well though.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 02-19-2010, 05:38 AM   #1763
Random

I've started Bioshock 2 today, have been playing for a few hours. I've just arrived in Dionysus Park.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.

Last edited by Denaron; 02-20-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #1764
Stalker of Britain

I'm playing "Lure of the Temptress", since hey, it's free. It's a cute little game with some funny bits, although things like Ratpouch saying, "Excuse me madam" when he's obviously passing by a monk with the full hair-do and everything detracts from it. I get easily lost in the maze, and I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing next, or why in the world he would be helping them in the first place!

The characters walking around remind me of the ones in KQ5, though, which makes me smile.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-21-2010, 04:29 AM   #1765
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I'm playing "Lure of the Temptress", since hey, it's free. It's a cute little game with some funny bits, although things like Ratpouch saying, "Excuse me madam" when he's obviously passing by a monk with the full hair-do and everything detracts from it. I get easily lost in the maze, and I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing next, or why in the world he would be helping them in the first place!

The characters walking around remind me of the ones in KQ5, though, which makes me smile.
That's the only Revolution game I can't get into.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 02-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #1766

Oh, I loved "Lure" and I used to have the whole game memorized for a fast playthrough! I still have it installed. I remember having a very hard time working those doors in the cavern and I used to get so stuck. I loved how the NPC's moved around, but I hated when you had to time some of your actions because of this, and how things would kinda lock up when they got in each others way.

I also remember the woman on the cover and being disappointed for never encountering her in-game. I suppose she's Selena, but with a different dress.

Speaking about dresses, I also thought it was funny that Ratpouch said that to the monk, because he only sees the robe and thinks it's a dress, hence the person must be a woman in his view.

Ratpouch could be annoying, though. I'd often send him off on meaningless errands.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #1767
the midnight rambler

Quote:

I remember pleading with my mum to let me have the day off school to play Lure of the Temptress, and she let me: woooo! I must have been about 9! Happy times. I loved how the characters would walk around the village and people had to be found. The menu was quite in depth too so it wasn't just a case of spamming interactions and trying everything on everything. I found it more focused than a text parser but just the right side of a complex GUI so that there was plenty to do and explore. I also love the graphics with the little alleyways, the tavern, blacksmiths etc. There's a really tense bit as well involving the Skorl that I'll not spoil... (is that right? Skorl?)

Last edited by geggis; 02-24-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #1768
Random

Just started Neverwinter Nights 2, and I've never played the first one, lol. My character is a 210 years old wizard, his name is Lucius Pullo.

Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #1769
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Almost done with Planescape: Torment, and then I'm going to replay Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #1770
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
Just started Neverwinter Nights 2, and I've never played the first one, lol. My character is a 210 years old wizard, his name is Lucius Pullo.
because Titus Vorenus just sounds silly
Old 02-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #1771
Stalker of Britain

Grr. I gave one last ditch effort to try and kill that dog in "Penumbra", and after being eaten alive yet again, I think I'm just going to uninstall it.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #1772
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldO View Post
because Titus Vorenus just sounds silly
Hehehe, exactly!

Quote:
Grr. I gave one last ditch effort to try and kill that dog in "Penumbra", and after being eaten alive yet again, I think I'm just going to uninstall it.
Why don't you just throw a piece of meat and run away? I remember I used to do that, in order to avoid those dogs during my playthrough.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:12 AM   #1773
Stalker of Britain

I would rather kill him, so I don't have to be afraid he'll sneak up on me all of the time when I'm trying to explore. I've opened a new area, and he knows I'm there. I just can't seem to ever be able to aim to rock. When I try to throw it, it ends up quite a few spaces from him.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #1774
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
I would rather kill him, so I don't have to be afraid he'll sneak up on me all of the time when I'm trying to explore. I've opened a new area, and he knows I'm there. I just can't seem to ever be able to aim to rock. When I try to throw it, it ends up quite a few spaces from him.
"Violence and combat is hardly an option." I guess they weren't exaggerating
I just recently bought the Penumbra series, and gave the first part a spin last night. The presence of that thing adds to the tense nature of exploring I guess. Hiding/meat throwing seems to be doing the trick.
Reading the journal of that guy
Spoiler:
living off eating spiders and eventually going nuts, amputating a "non vital organ" (and then finding it)
was pretty freaky and disturbing, especially in the middle of the night. Loving it so far.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #1775
Stalker of Britain

I feel trapped in that dang room, and the dog always comes in. I've tried to block the door, but he just busts through (and I know he does that if he sees you, but I swear, I can be crouching away from the door completely still and he still does that). I can't throw meat to get away from him in the enclosed space. Anyone know how to kill him?

I was interested by the spiders and the story so far, but my poor shattered nerves can't take this being eaten much longer.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #1776
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Baldur's Gate - Just started, haven't even left Candlekeep yet.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #1777
Random

Quote:
I feel trapped in that dang room, and the dog always comes in. I've tried to block the door, but he just busts through (and I know he does that if he sees you, but I swear, I can be crouching away from the door completely still and he still does that). I can't throw meat to get away from him in the enclosed space. Anyone know how to kill him?
Hmm that's strange. I think a few hits with a heavy object should do the trick. I've found this video of some dog fights, maybe it can help you.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #1778
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
Hmm that's strange. I think a few hits with a heavy object should do the trick. I've found this video of some dog fights, maybe it can help you.
I just love the disembodied floating hammer!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #1779

I'm currently playing The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, for my second time on the X-Box 360. It comes in a package that also contains Assualt on Dark Athena.

I'm deep in the mines, and I just had to do a Side Mission for a character that will help me get to the spaceport.

Here's my Impressions:

Great graphics! The graphics are great and realistic. Riddick's eyeshine ability looks awesome when you're sneaking around.

Very good melee: Sneaking up behind a guard and cutting his throat with a shiv is devilishly fun! Also, Riddick is very powerful, when he fights someone in hand-to-hand combat.

Stealth: This is my only complaint, and it's a minor one. Sneaking around is very tricky in my opinion, and this is coming from someone who loves the Splinter Cell series. Fortunately, I have bought a tranquilizer gun, which has the ability to shoot out lights.

Great voice acting: The voice acting in the game is great! Vin Diesel is awesome as Riddick.

Once I finish this game, I will move on to Dark Athena.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:17 PM   #1780
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
I'm currently playing The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, for my second time on the X-Box 360. It comes in a package that also contains Assualt on Dark Athena.

I'm deep in the mines, and I just had to do a Side Mission for a character that will help me get to the spaceport.

Here's my Impressions:

Great graphics! The graphics are great and realistic. Riddick's eyeshine ability looks awesome when you're sneaking around.

Very good melee: Sneaking up behind a guard and cutting his throat with a shiv is devilishly fun! Also, Riddick is very powerful, when he fights someone in hand-to-hand combat.

Stealth: This is my only complaint, and it's a minor one. Sneaking around is very tricky in my opinion, and this is coming from someone who loves the Splinter Cell series. Fortunately, I have bought a tranquilizer gun, which has the ability to shoot out lights.

Great voice acting: The voice acting in the game is great! Vin Diesel is awesome as Riddick.

Once I finish this game, I will move on to Dark Athena.
I loved this game! My dad has Dark Athena on Steam, I might check it out sometime soon...