You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2009, 07:24 PM   #1721
Stalker of Britain

On page 76 of this thread, I had said that I was having trouble with Kings Quest 7, and Andrea suggested me use Collector's "DosBox installer" for the Kings Quest collection. I finally got around to trying that today, and maybe I have the wrong collection or something, because when I tried to install it, it said copy failed and the links just bring me to the DosBox. I don't understand how to "mount" and all of that, and I thought this installer brings you directly to the game. Man, I wish it would work, since all those extras look sweet!

I have the Windows XP "Kings Quest Collection". Oh well. I'm doing a replay of "Indigo Prophecy" at the moment, since "Moment of Silence" got me in the mood with conspiracies and stuff.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 01-01-2010, 07:39 AM   #1722

I'm currently playing The Saboteur. Almost finished it, a very good game. Its a World War 2, 3rd person shooter, with elements of Assassins Creed & Grand Theft Auto, with the era setting quality and feel of Mafia.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:48 AM   #1723
Random

Red Faction: Guerilla

So far, I've conquered Parker and Dust town.

I'm having so much fun destroying everything I see, hehe. This game physics are top level, I've never had experienced something like that before!

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:07 AM   #1724

Still playing around in Divine Divinity. I finally mapped all the southern part, not including The Dark Forrest, all the way up to Rivertown Market. I still have several teleporters to find and the plague victims to cure and Dr. Elrath to uncover. Working at it slowly, but I'll get there.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #1725
Stalker of Britain

I started playing "The Experiment", and I'm not thrilled with it yet. The idea of leading another character by cameras and lights and stuff is fascinating, but I find that I usually miss out on what's around me, because I forget to use the cameras, and it's kind of awkward. The story hasn't really pulled me in yet, either. I hope it gets better.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 01-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #1726
Random

Nibiru: Age of secrets

I've just installed it, still on the beginning. The plot seems to be interesting.

Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:14 AM   #1727

I'm playing the Monkey Island games. Already finished 1-2-3 and I've started 4 but man, how cumbersome is the keyboard-only interface?

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 01-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #1728
the midnight rambler

@Fantasy: How do you juggle so many games?!?! :-S

I'm currently playing Demon's Souls on the PS3 and Penumbra: Overture (where are you Fantasy!? ;-) which I've got to say is very impressive. The story isn't exactly unique bit it's very intriguing nonetheless and the puzzles are well integrated and satisfying.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:28 AM   #1729
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggis View Post
Penumbra: Overture which I've got to say is very impressive. The story isn't exactly unique bit it's very intriguing nonetheless and the puzzles are well integrated and satisfying.
Totally agree. I've finished the first and the second one (Black plague) last year. Both are awesome games. The third one (Requiem) is not that good, it's more focused on puzzle solving.

Last edited by Denaron; 01-06-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #1730
Stalker of Britain

Hey geggis-Oh, I don't really juggle games, I just put some on the back burner, and some on higher priority. I don't usually switch games until I'm done with the game I'm playing, or given up for the time being.

I put Penumbra on hold, because I STILL can't get past that damn dog. Also on a permanent hold until I see fit to try again; Syberia, Myst 4, etc. lol Right now, the main game I'm playing is "The Experiment", then I'll probably play "Jack the Ripper:New York" or "Morpheus". I'd gladly play Penumbra some more, if that dog didn't keep eating me every time I try.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:55 AM   #1731

Okay, I'm getting a handle on the "Escape from Monkey Island" keyboard commands. The only cumbersome stuff is that you actually have to walk all over the place to find the hotspots, and the use of the PgUp and PgDn buttons on the numeric keyboard.

I captured Pegnose Pete, now I need to find the loot.

I got new headphones for Christmas, but they're actually giving me a headache when I wear them too long.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:04 AM   #1732
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
Totally agree. I've finished the first and the second one (Black plague) last year. Both are awesome games. The third one (Requiem) is not that good, it's more focused on puzzle solving.
That's good to hear as I only really intended to play the first two! I've so nearly bottled out though because the atmosphere gets so oppressive. I love it and hate it at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hey geggis-Oh, I don't really juggle games, I just put some on the back burner, and some on higher priority. I don't usually switch games until I'm done with the game I'm playing, or given up for the time being.

I put Penumbra on hold, because I STILL can't get past that damn dog. Also on a permanent hold until I see fit to try again; Syberia, Myst 4, etc. lol Right now, the main game I'm playing is "The Experiment", then I'll probably play "Jack the Ripper:New York" or "Morpheus". I'd gladly play Penumbra some more, if that dog didn't keep eating me every time I try.
I don't like to put things on the back burner for fear of never picking them up again!

I've got to say I still die when taking the dogs on sometimes and while they can apparently be avoided I find it more comforting to know I can explore without being pestered by them! I heard the sequel doesn't give you any weapons so you're only choice is to run really. Anyway, let me know when you decide to pick it up again!

Last edited by geggis; 01-07-2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:04 AM   #1733
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Prototype...actually I've finished the plot, I'm just collecting all remaining landmarks and hints for the achievements. Also, trying to gain any other achievements I can for the game.

On a side note, isn't this just the most creepy smile? I love it.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:57 AM   #1734
long live the dragons

Send a message via MSN to pointandcliklover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Writer View Post
I'm playing the Monkey Island games. Already finished 1-2-3 and I've started 4 but man, how cumbersome is the keyboard-only interface?
easier on playstation 2 let me tell u

Marise-Chiko
Old 01-08-2010, 08:49 AM   #1735
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Friday Night is Vintage Game Night so:

Final Fantasy VII

I'm close to finishing disc 2.
Spoiler:
I've returned to Junon and today I plan on getting the Huge Materia from Junon and Rocket Town, then head to Cosmo Canyon and continue the Chocobo Breeding sidequest (I've already have blue and green chocobos).
Old 01-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #1736

Wow.

Tried breeding chocobos once. Never again.

EMI: Looking for the pirate hat on Knuttin Atol. Also trying to come up with a way to beat the diver and how to alter the Starbuccaneers mug.

Last edited by Little Writer; 01-11-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:47 AM   #1737
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Writer View Post
Wow.

Tried breeding chocobos once. Never again.

Chocobo Breeding - Serious Business.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:00 AM   #1738

Ah, the VG Cats! Long time no see.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:35 AM   #1739
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

bow chicka wark wark!
I still folllow VG Cats even though its updated once a month (if we're lucky). My favorite FF VII strip is this one: Jenova's Witness

on Topic: I managed to do all things planned this friday. There are some items I want to get at Gold Saucer (I'm thinking a 3-4 hour effort) plus some grinding to train Limit techniques (another hour or two) and I'll then focus on advance the storyline until the end.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #1740

Trying to find a way to get the accordeon from the monkey. I seem to remember you have to give him something else to play with. At first I thought the milk bottle to blow on, but apparently not. Guess I'll have to search the whole island again for something I've missed ...