You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #1661
Banned User

Hi guys,

I am playing NFS-SHIFT nowadyas, I have completed this one upto 75% and purchased Gallardo as well as BMW cars with high configuration. What about yours..

Last edited by nikdevid; 11-23-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:34 AM   #1662
Schattenjäger

Level up a little bit questing before starting Nashkel mines, e.g. Dreppin's quest (I think that's his name) from the Friendly Arm Inn, clearing out the spiders in Beregost.

If you go east of Beregost you arrive at a Temple, where you can get a really nice quest that nets you a lot of gold and exp - you have to hunt a fallen priest named Bassilus! DSimpson's guide on gamefaqs is really good if you want a guide
Old 11-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #1663
Random

I'm playing machinarium and I'm having fun with it! i've just saved the little "dog" in exchange for the umbrella.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:56 AM   #1664

The X-Files Game. Ready to leave for Alaska and Jonathan Rauch's house. Which means the game's almost finished. I hope I still remember how to do the final level; I remember I hated that one. Got killed dozens of times before I found the right sequence of actions.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 11-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #1665
Random

I've just Started Barrow hill, i'm looking around the gas station. Creepy game btw, I would like to know if it just has a creepy atmosphere or it's a "scared the hell outta me" game. Actually i'm coward, I prefer to watch others playing than playing by myself games like scratches, resident evil, etc.

Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.

Last edited by Denaron; 11-23-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #1666
Stalker of Britain

Don't worry, Denaron; "Barrow Hill" has a more creepy atmosphere than "scare the heck out of you" type. There was only one time that something "popped" out at you, unlike the many times in "Scratches". I think it's safe for you to play.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #1667
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Don't worry, Denaron; "Barrow Hill" has a more creepy atmosphere than "scare the heck out of you" type. There was only one time that something "popped" out at you, unlike the many times in "Scratches". I think it's safe for you to play.
Ohh, what a relief... (sigh)

I think I know what will pop out at me sooner or later, accidentally i've read a spoil on youtube about the "black flying thing"

Thank you very much fantasy, i feel so much better now.

Last edited by Denaron; 11-23-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #1668
Junior Mint

It's silly of me to post this, since I haven't even started the game yet...

...but I finally bought KOTOR through Steam (US$2.50), and I just got done applying all the custom widescreen resolution patches. (NOTE: for the Steam version, you have to download a "fixed" version of the .EXE file to do this easily.) I haven't played it yet; I won't have time until I get home from work tonight. But it's going to be awesome!

I'm glad this game can be played in a turn-based manner. It might allow me to become better at WASD-based keyboard play. I grew up using my right hand on the arrow keys and my left hand on the CTRL or ALT keys; this WASD + mouse stuff is all alien to me, and I have trouble playing action games because of it. I can't use my game controller because there are simply way too many buttons in the PC version to bother trying to map them all to a controller. But playing KOTOR in fully turn-based mode with the keyboard might just give me the WASD skillz to finally tackle Mass Effect.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:52 AM   #1669

Playing Sanitarium. Just finished chapter 2. For a game that is a decade old, it has aged really well.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:13 AM   #1670

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB View Post
It's silly of me to post this, since I haven't even started the game yet...

...but I finally bought KOTOR through Steam (US$2.50), and I just got done applying all the custom widescreen resolution patches. (NOTE: for the Steam version, you have to download a "fixed" version of the .EXE file to do this easily.) I haven't played it yet; I won't have time until I get home from work tonight. But it's going to be awesome!

I'm glad this game can be played in a turn-based manner. It might allow me to become better at WASD-based keyboard play. I grew up using my right hand on the arrow keys and my left hand on the CTRL or ALT keys; this WASD + mouse stuff is all alien to me, and I have trouble playing action games because of it. I can't use my game controller because there are simply way too many buttons in the PC version to bother trying to map them all to a controller. But playing KOTOR in fully turn-based mode with the keyboard might just give me the WASD skillz to finally tackle Mass Effect.
What patches for widescreen? I just bought this game from Steam myself and I thought it came fully patched. Can you tell me what I need to do for widescreen resolution?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #1671
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
What patches for widescreen? I just bought this game from Steam myself and I thought it came fully patched. Can you tell me what I need to do for widescreen resolution?
It has all the "official" patches, yes. But it doesn't "officially" support widescreen; the patches for this are fan-made. As such, use the fixes at your own risk. It involves downloading a cracked copy of the swkotor.exe file.

This is a link to the page on The Widescreen Gaming Forum which describes how to patch custom resolutions into the Steam version of KOTOR. Don't forget to add the HUD patch as well, or else apparently your HUD won't match the rest of the screen.

I should note that although I have applied all these patches, I have not yet started the game, so I don't know how well they work.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #1672
Random

Playing The lost crown: A ghost hunting adventure I'm on day 2. Fantasysci5 recommended it to me. Spooky game, but i'm enjoying it!

Spoiler:
The noise of the plate breaking into pieces on day 1 almost stoped my heart!

Old 12-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #1673
Failed Birthday Elf

Playing Sherlock Holmes -v- Jack the Ripper.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through I would guess and I'm liking it. For my money this is the best of the Sherlock games so far. I have to say the number of NPC's wondering around Whitechapel is impressive and they are pretty well done in my opinion without too much repetition. Also I work quite near Whitechapel which is cool!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #1674
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
Playing Sherlock Holmes -v- Jack the Ripper.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through I would guess and I'm liking it. For my money this is the best of the Sherlock games so far. I have to say the number of NPC's wondering around Whitechapel is impressive and they are pretty well done in my opinion without too much repetition. Also I work quite near Whitechapel which is cool!
Hmm, good to know. I'm not a Sherlock fan, actually I never read or played anything about sherlock holmes, so do you think i'll enjoy it? I'm asking because I like jack the ripper story, creepy, but interesting story and I've seen some videos and pics of the game and it looks pretty cool indeed.

Last edited by Denaron; 12-03-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #1675
Senior *female* member

I'm playing 15 Days by House of Tales. In German. A terrible disappointment and I was really looking forward to it. I'd preordered it because I liked MoS and Overclocked very much, and I was sure I was going to enjoy this one as well. But now I'm not even sure I will finish it...
Old 12-04-2009, 02:30 AM   #1676

Mirror's Edge. A level where the helicopter is chasing me, then dropping several blues which always shoot me before I can climb up a drain. So I have to fight them, but I don't know how, so I'll probably have to redo the training level first.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 12-04-2009, 05:58 AM   #1677
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
Hmm, good to know. I'm not a Sherlock fan, actually I never read or played anything about sherlock holmes, so do you think i'll enjoy it? I'm asking because I like jack the ripper story, creepy, but interesting story and I've seen some videos and pics of the game and it looks pretty cool indeed.
Personally I am a massive Sherlock Holmes fan (of the books that is) but if you're not then it won't stop you enjoying the game, in fact it may even help! None of the games so far have had a typical "Sherlock Holmes" style story but that isn't to say they're not good in a different way.

Several of the complaints I have had about the previous games are dealt with (at least partially) in this one and if you're a fan of Jack the Ripper (well ... the story that is) I think you'd like it, or at the least find it interesting.

It isn't quite the same as most "normal" adventure games as a fair bit of "deduction" from clues obtained is involved. In some of the previous games this was confusing and not done very well (in my opinion at least) but in this one I'm quite impressed by the improvements that have been made and it works well.

Like I say I haven't finished the game yet but on the whole I'm liking it and I would recommend it to anyone who likes the slightly more serious and gory murders type of game. Some of the plot elements have been a little silly, or a little bit contrived, but it looks good, it's well voice acted and you don't need to have played any of the other Sherlock games to play it.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #1678
Junior Mint

Finally started playing Star Wars: KOTOR. I'm in the lower city of Taris, getting ready to go to the undercity. Awesome game!!!! Great attention to detail, and the aforementioned widescreen fix works excellently well.

The only complaint I have about the game is that there is a pesky bug (which a lot of people seem to have) where, sometimes, after a fight, I can no longer move my character. Apparently, though, according to an article I read online, I can fix this bug by turning VSync on.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #1679
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
Personally I am a massive Sherlock Holmes fan (of the books that is) but if you're not then it won't stop you enjoying the game, in fact it may even help! None of the games so far have had a typical "Sherlock Holmes" style story but that isn't to say they're not good in a different way.

Several of the complaints I have had about the previous games are dealt with (at least partially) in this one and if you're a fan of Jack the Ripper (well ... the story that is) I think you'd like it, or at the least find it interesting.

It isn't quite the same as most "normal" adventure games as a fair bit of "deduction" from clues obtained is involved. In some of the previous games this was confusing and not done very well (in my opinion at least) but in this one I'm quite impressed by the improvements that have been made and it works well.

Like I say I haven't finished the game yet but on the whole I'm liking it and I would recommend it to anyone who likes the slightly more serious and gory murders type of game. Some of the plot elements have been a little silly, or a little bit contrived, but it looks good, it's well voice acted and you don't need to have played any of the other Sherlock games to play it.
Ohh nice. Thank you for those interesting informations. I'll certainly check it out!

Old 12-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #1680
Random

Well, i'm also playing Call of duty modern warfare 2 now, people say it's very short so probably i'm close to the end (have been playing for a few hours).

I usually don't play 2 games at once but I had to take a break on The lost Lost crown. It's a great game but I just can't go further on museum 2nd visit part. It's terrifying, lol, the little girl's ghost scared the hell outta me. I think i'll just read the community playthrough, it's not the same thing but if i keep playing it i'll have a heart attack.