You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #1461
never stops believin'

Sam & Max Season 2.

I'm on episode 2, about 1/2 way through - after this, I'm going to get Secret of Monkey Island, the original, and play it since everyone on here says I should before Tales comes out. Also, people really seem to like it.

As for Sam & Max, it can be sometimes a little bit silly - and sometimes the humor doesn't work (the giant 80s spewing robot) - but it's odd and the animation is so much fun, and the characters so endearing, I really enjoy it. It's not art, though, it's Saturday cartoon morning fun.

Best exchange so far in the game:
"I'm not going to shoot a baby!" - Sam
"Of course not, it's so much easier to just give them a bag." - Max
Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #1462
merely human

Jeanne d'Arc (PSP).

Jeanne - level 65
Cuisses - 66
Jean - 69
Marcel - 72
Colet - 63
Gilles - 66
Richard (hot DILF mage) - 69 (as it were)

Just cleaned up the roofs of Raillemont. I love how some of the enemies make French poodle sounds when you kill them.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #1463

Finished The Curse of Monkey Island. And now i started playing a game that i always regreted not having played yet, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers. I loved GK3, its one of my favourite games and never had the chance to play the two first games. Anyway, i'm at the start of day 2 and i'm really enjoying it. The writing is fantastic.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #1464
Stalker of Britain

I'm replaying "Black Mirror" and "Barrow Hill", to get myself hyped up for the sequels. Just started them again. I love Emma Harry and the Barrow Hill Radio.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-19-2009, 01:09 AM   #1465
Adventure Dude =]

Wallace and Gromit ep 3. The games are super easy and short, but there super fun to play. Love the series so far.

Last Game Finished: Memento Mori, Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

Games Recently Finished: Art of Murder - The Hunt for the Puppeteer, Secret Files 2, Still Life 2
Old 06-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #1466
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Killzone 2 - I'm at the palace, fighting off Radec's guards. It's a particularly difficult spot.

Absolutely top-notch game. The graphics are the best I've seen in any game, ever. Everything, from the explosions to the camera movements, draws you in and puts you in the action. I'd go as far as to say that this is the tightest first-person shooter game I've ever played. It's that immersive.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:35 AM   #1467
In an evening of July...

Downfall, the indie adventure game about gore and cursing. So far it has been entertaining, the artstyle is appealing to me also. Just met the first memory of Sophie.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #1468

Secret Files 2, almost finished! What a great game!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #1469
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
Killzone 2 - I'm at the palace, fighting off Radec's guards. It's a particularly difficult spot.

Absolutely top-notch game. The graphics are the best I've seen in any game, ever. Everything, from the explosions to the camera movements, draws you in and puts you in the action. I'd go as far as to say that this is the tightest first-person shooter game I've ever played. It's that immersive.
I tried the demo but never really got into it. Have you had a chance to try the demo? And how does it compare to the full game?

Firefox rules
Old 06-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #1470
Junior Mint

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars

Never played it before, I'm probably about 75% through, and I feel that this game is a bit overrated. Many of the puzzles (esp. the dialogue-related ones) IMO are rather unintuitive, and the pace of the gameplay is SLOW SLOW SLOW! Is there any way to speed things up? I know for a fact that I'm relying on the walkthrough more often than I normally would, because I don't want to try too many different methods of solving puzzles, because every command takes too long to execute. (I know how to skip lines of dialogue, but I don't know any way to speed up things like walking across the screen, performing actions, etc.)

The story, however, is incredible, as are the voice acting and dialogue. Thus far, I would liken Broken Sword 1 to Dreamfall, where the story is amazing but the gameplay is distinctly subpar. I'm definitely looking forward to diving head first into the rest of this series.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #1471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post

Jeanne d'Arc (PSP).
Damn this game looks awesome. I wish I still had a PSP. Anyone in the UK wanna trade a PSP for a DS?

Quote:
IMO are rather unintuitive, and the pace of the gameplay is SLOW SLOW SLOW! Is there any way to speed things up? I know for a fact that I'm relying on the walkthrough more often than I normally would, because I don't want to try too many different methods of solving puzzles, because every command takes too long to execute. (I know how to skip lines of dialogue, but I don't know any way to speed up things like walking across the screen, performing actions, etc.)
Assuming you're playing the origina (not the director's cut) the answer is 'no, there isn't a way to speed things up'.

I like the slow pace of the game. For me, I just can't get enough of the locations and saviour every moment Stobbart is there. As Revolution were trying to make the game 'realistic' it would've seemed silling having Stobbart running left, right and centre as he's such a laid back guy.

Last edited by Terramax; 06-28-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #1472
Stalker of Britain

I'm currently replaying "Blackstone Chronicles". I love how dark the story is, and that a lot of the horrors of the game actually happened in insane asylums. I'm replaying it a bit early, to see about maybe a Community Playthrough, but I wouldn't have much to say about it, like I did with the "Lost Crown".
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #1473
Lazy Bee

I just started replaying Still Life in order to be prepared for Still Life2.
It's such a classy game and I just love the atmosphere of the environments.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:41 AM   #1474
Failed Birthday Elf

Currently replaying Fallout 3, about halfway through main story and level 17.

Also playing Chronicles of Mystery for the first time. Only about 30 minutes in but it hasn't really grabbed me yet.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #1475

Sam & Max: Season 1

I've finished episode 3 last night and I must say Telltale did a great job bringing that Sam & Max atmosphere back to life! No doubt the best thing about it is the writing, it's been a long time since a game had me laughing out loud that many times. The puzzles so far have been fun to solve, although the structure of the episodes is getting a bit repetitive by now. Also, this third episode was on the short side. Hope the hilarious comedy continues in the next few episodes, and the gameplay gets a bit more complex than it has been so far.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #1476
Junior Mint

Broken Sword 4. GAWD, you guys are right... this game sucks! The puzzle solutions are ludicrously unintuitive, and the controls are the wonkiest I've ever had the displeasure to use. I don't know if I'll even bother to finish playing this.

Oh, yeah... to answer the question: I'm just getting to the meat-packing facility (which is where the demo took place). I've relied heavily on the walkthrough already, and the game is just getting started.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #1477
Adventure Dude =]

Curse of Monkey Island. I've got the 3 guys for my crew.

Last Game Finished: Memento Mori, Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

Games Recently Finished: Art of Murder - The Hunt for the Puppeteer, Secret Files 2, Still Life 2
Old 07-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #1478
delusions of adequacy

Fallout 3. I made the mistake of playing this on normal difficulty. Its easy early on and only gets easier the higher you level. Especially with a couple of judicious perk picks (sniper/concentrated fire). Running around the city has been a nightmare and getting from quest to quest without using fast travel means you pretty much have to rely on the compass just to deal with the collapsed buildings.

I have a character at level 22, and haven't even completed the main quest yet from too much self exploration and trying to ignore the compass directions. Everything is now too easy to kill and I'm losing interest in this play-through (been a right goody two shoes and as usual I'm quite bored of that).

I've managed to download some amped difficulty mods from fallout3nexus so after some downtime maybe I'll start over. Its a great game but just too easy for a run and gun play style out of the box. I'm thinking maybe something more underpowered and more reliant on companions up against a harder setting with beefed up enemies. Definitely going to give slaving a try too!
Old 07-17-2009, 03:01 AM   #1479
Queen of Lightning

Rise of the Argonauts. Having great fun. It's not really RPG material, though it has a levelling up system of sorts. The graphics are very pretty though, the combat is ok, and the story, setting and locations are great!

Been dabbling in an umpteenth Morrowind playthrough, testing out lots of mods and going for everything I have not done yet.

Trying out the new adventures that came with the Witcher 1.5 patch and not liking them all.

Adventurewise, trying to get Zork Nemesis not to spin so fast on the panorotation.

I'm contemplating trying out So Blonde.

@#booB
Quote:
Broken Sword 4. GAWD, you guys are right... this game sucks! The puzzle solutions are ludicrously unintuitive, and the controls are the wonkiest I've ever had the displeasure to use. I don't know if I'll even bother to finish playing this.
I decided to bail at the point where they go underneath that fountain. One day when I've run out of other games I'll pick this one up again .(maybe )
Old 07-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #1480
Staff Member

I'm currently playing through Runaway: A Road Adventure for the first time. I got interested in it after seeing its graphical style on GoG screenshots. It is enjoyable, although I don't really connect with the main character, Brian. He just seems like a run-of-the-mill ordinary bloke, nothing special or interesting about him.