You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #1421

Currently playing Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica , a JRPG for PS2. A bit long winded but it's not bad , some nice music and melodies.
Think should be quite close to finishing.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #1422
Stalker of Britain

I'm playing "Septerra Core". It has a truly original and wonderful story. Too bad it's full of horrible "live" action sequences. I don't play many RPGs, but I prefer turn-based. But everyone agrees, the fighting sequences really detract from this game. Which is a pity, since the story really is top-notch. This is the 3rd time I'm trying to replay it again, since I want to see how the story goes, but somewhere in the middle of the game I just get fed up with it and quit.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 05-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #1423
Master of time and space

I'm reaching the end of Portrait of Ruin. Seriously, this game is almost better than Dawn of Sorrow which in turn was better than Symphony of the night. Anyone even remotely interested in 2D Castlevania games should take a look at this. It's platforming that only Mario or Samus (Metroid) can challenge.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #1424

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
Perhaps you could say why you thought it sucked, instead of making a silly comment like this.
i rather liked the comment, it made me laugh out loud.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #1425

Persona 3 - not even halfway. Tedious game though.

Started on KQ1 but have yet to complete even half. My attention span is really really short.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:31 AM   #1426

Hi,

Just finnished Secret Files: Tunguska, in a middle of Dreamfall, and in the beggining of GK3 (think i'll finish it again) oh and started "So Blonde", but probably will not finish it
Old 05-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #1427
merely human

"Feeling twice as lucky, punk?" | Zoey evens the odds in Left 4 Dead

GTA IV Not really keeping track of my progress within the main story line, but instead treating the game like the sandbox that is. Currently doing a bunch of assassination missions for $$ and getting shitfaced drunk with Dwayne, Roman, or whoever calls up Nico for a good time.

Left 4 Dead Every Saturday evening, main campaign online with nieces & nephew (Illinois & northern California) and my friend in Chicago.

Zen Bound Usually late at night in bed on the iPhone (on which this game is exclusive). Beautiful contemplative and calming game.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #1428

Send a message via MSN to MikeLXXXVIII

King of Fighters XI, not exacly a new game but playing it in anticipation for XII. Been also playing it due to the fact that I got an arcade stick to play around with.

Not sure if you can exacly state progression with a fighting game, but I haven't beaten the arcade mode due to the fact of the insane cheap SNK last boss. Who kills me when there is a distance by spamming projectiles that hit you all the time. Done a lot of challenges however, except for those I don't understand how to pull of things like (super cancel, escape roll, etc).

Pretty fun fighting game, just a pity I don't have any humans to challenge.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:09 AM   #1429

I've been playing Pikmin 2 New Play Control for the Wii. It's addictively fun. I never got around to playing it on the GameCube (due to the, uh, lack of GameCube...), but it's pretty damn awesome and I'm thankful I've finally had the chance. There's talk that Nintendo will announce Pikmin 3 at E3. Here's hoping!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #1430

Quake Live

Quake 3 Arena Online... FOR FREE!

Awesome. Game is still fun. So fast paced. I'm loving just playing it for about 20min at a time then coming back a few hours later.

Brings back memories of early PC/ Dreamcast days i.e. when games were still just pure fun.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #1431
merely human

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0usoS5y8Cs

GTA IV, taking in a show at Perestroika featuring Bluesy St. John. I love her!!! You must watch with me!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #1432
J.H
Frak.

Just completed Still Life. Great game but the last 6 or so puzzles are just mind numbingly frustrating and boring.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #1433
Stalker of Britain

I've given up on Septerra Core. Great story, but the repetative gameplay of the fighting is so...repetative, it gets so boring. The game's pretty long, but always having to fight these people gets so boring, I've just given up on it. And I really wanted to know what happened. lol
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 05-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #1434

Dracula: Origin. Am close to completing chapter 2 (Egypt); so far I like the game a lot even though I find it a bit strange to stroll around sunny Cairo after having to investigate a gloomy gothic house in London and an equally gloomy cemetary.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:00 AM   #1435

Right now I'm playing Gabriel Knight 3, trying to catch up with the playthrough here on the forum. Unfortunately, I also installed Sherlock Holmes versus Arsène Lupin, and I'm totally caught up in it! Normally when I buy a new game, I always install it, play it for a bit and then put it aside for when I have time to play the whole thing, but this Sherlock Holmes game has me so intrigued that I think I'll just play it to the finish now.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:35 AM   #1436

Right Now .. Nostradamus.. Just got passed the floor puzzle in the library.. Quite enjoying this one to be honest though some areas are a little devoid of characters..
Old 06-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #1437
Master of time and space

Rock Band 2. Trying to survive as a drummer on Expert difficulty and while I'm "five staring" (even gold stared a song) the first tier I can barely hold my own on the second tier...
Old 06-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #1438

Just finished Still life 2 , Now I am playing Darkness Within .
Old 06-04-2009, 01:14 AM   #1439

Just about to finish Nostradamus.. Despite the small area and locations I have actually quite enjoyed this.. In fact I enjoyed it a lot..

Old 06-04-2009, 01:39 AM   #1440
In an evening of July...

ARMA2. Feels like OPF, but is buggy like hell and the performance is horrible, which is unacceptable.