You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #1361
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozwah View Post
Keep meaning to delve into the second case on Touch Detective, but a combination of annoyance at the logic (or lack thereof) of many of the puzzles, combined with the fact I lost the DS' stylus (left behind on rain when it fell out of the unit, I suspect) means I'm waiting on a replacement. (Thank the ghods Picross plays fine with joypad/buttons
Losing a stylus doesn't hold me back. I have a set of chopsticks (not the cheap wooden ones, but the designed plastic ones with a round tip) that I use one of. It works great!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:32 AM   #1362

I am playing Sacred 2, not a bad game at all. Too colourful maybe, but entertaining. The only thing i would add are subtitles.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:08 AM   #1363

Scratches – Directors Cut. A first person game I’m really liking, although Riven is the only first person game I truly love in that format.

Solid story line and great house layout. I could move in there today were it not for the “evil” factor. Right now, I’m stuck in the guest bedroom having my second dream and trying to figure out where the creepy sound is coming from. It’s driving me CRAZY. I need to get out soooooooon!!

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 01-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Losing a stylus doesn't hold me back. I have a set of chopsticks (not the cheap wooden ones, but the designed plastic ones with a round tip) that I use one of. It works great!
Ooh, handy hint! My new stylus should be here in the next day or two, but in the meantime I'll give that a go! Cheers!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:31 AM   #1365

I'm currently playing Mirror's Edge. I've heard mixed reviews, but I liked the demo a lot and am really liking the full game too. I've just finished the third chapter. Good times!
Old 01-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #1366
Random

Ohh, after a long time without play adventure games, i've came back for them!

Playing Dracula 3, having fun with that. I'm in the second budapest visit...

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #1367
Master of time and space

Oblivion GOTY
Second run. Finished the game two years ago and sold the game off. I recently purchased GOTY-version and is replaying the game with the expansions. It's a pretty slow start, but I reckon that when I start getting the skills to actually be able to do stuff it's going to get better.

Fallout 3

Just finished the main quest and I'm still pondering whether to bother with the last side quests (achievement quests that is). Right now I'm more interested in Oblivion to be honest.

Fable 2

Second run as an evil woman. First run was with a pretty "goodie toocho" lad.

Guitar Hero - WT
Sasquatch boogey left in the Hard campaign. It's definitely the hardest song I've played. When I finish this one I guess it's time to take on the Expert campaign.

Rock band 2

Haven't gotten that far yet. The game definitely feels more polished than Guitar Hero - WT, but it's only in the little details. I'm not sure which one I prefer yet.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #1368
Random

Beneath a steel sky

Nice adventure game, enjoing that. I'm just at beginning.

Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #1369
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I've been playing mostly World of Goo and Fallout 3 lately.

I'm in the second chapter in WoG and 20 hours clocked in Fallout 3.

I've completely forgot that I was playing Sam&Max 1x04 during the autumn, should get back on track with that one someday.

Also I got A Vampyre Story installed, but I've not played much of that yet.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:12 AM   #1370
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Day of the Tentacle ...(I know, I know- I'm lame for not having played it before. )... just started actually, and am currently wandering around the house picking up random objects while the Professor frets about The Plans.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:51 AM   #1371

Darkenss Within

Just finished going though the offices and am now exploring the very interesting house.

So far I’m enjoying this game. It feels a lot like Scratches.

Cannot believe I found the game in a used bin for under TWO dollars. Also, cannot believe that Gamespot gave it a 3.2 out of 10 rating, Darkness Within has already exceeded my expectations by a mile. Must be discouraging for game makers to work hard for no appreciation from professional reviewers.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 02-15-2009, 06:33 AM   #1372
In an evening of July...

Began playing Shellshock 2. Played it for half an hour. Uninstalled. What a piece of junk - mediocre graphics, clunky controls, no jumping, horrible performance, pretentious presentation. I'm supposed to be shocked at all the civilian screams - I never even got to see any of those civilians. War? More like running through a tube-esque level, shooting dumb robots.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:26 AM   #1373

I'm at day three of Dracula 3 and I'm pretty sure I'm quitting. Delicious visuals and surprisingly good voice acting, but I can't bring myself to care about any of the characters.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #1374
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkredshoes View Post
I'm at day three of Dracula 3 and I'm pretty sure I'm quitting. Delicious visuals and surprisingly good voice acting, but I can't bring myself to care about any of the characters.
It's a nice game, finished it like 2 weeks ago. It's interesting because treats about the true history about dracula, vlad tepez!

Playing Twinsen odyssey or little big adventure 2. Just don't have words to praise that game. So nostalgic, it marked on my childhood! what a wonderful game!

Old 02-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #1375
Lazy Bee

I'm playing Sherlock Holmes The Awakened (remastered version) and right now I'm in the smuggler's cave beneath the lighthouse figuring out what to do.
I really need to leave the game for today and sleep on this, because I'm all out of ideas on how to proceed.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #1376
The Reggienator

41 hours done now in Fallout 3 and I'm concidering abandoning the project. It's taking too much time to complete this game, I'm sad that I wasted 30 hours of playing on side missions...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #1377
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
I'm sad that I wasted 30 hours of playing on side missions...
You saying that makes me glad I didn't. Up until now I had the feeling I was missing out on something.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #1378
The Reggienator

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice game and it's nice to see how big the game world in it is, but I just wouldn't have wanted to play this game this long as I have a tight schedule right now and now time to play it later. I have to finish this one before my trip.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #1379

Since i finally have the hardware to play it, i started Tomb Raider Underworld a few hours ago. Looks amazing!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #1380
Random

Playing sinking island. It's a real good game. Detective stories never got my attention in games, books, movies or whatever. But this game is really enjoyable.

I'm in day two. Trying to find who stole the "chain" from jones corpse, a good marksman that can had shot jones and who were in the library in the jones death. Actually i'm stuck, i have chated with all suspects and no one give me a clue. Lorenzo asked me to find a code to see who were in library but i can't figure out where is it. Maybe its related to the messy books on the library shelf? Someone can give me a little hint?