You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #1341
Random

Hello guys!

I'm playing world of goo at pc and tomb raider: underworld at 360. Both are great games!

In world of goo, i'm in chapter 2 level 4... and in underworld i've just "fixed" the mayan clock, and opened the xibalba temple. I'm enjoying it!

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #1342
Under pressure.

I'm currently playing So Blonde, A Vampyre Story, and GTAIV. I hope to finish them during my 2 week holiday, because I'm pretty sure I won't have the time afterwards.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:26 PM   #1343
Headbanger

I got past the introduction in The Witcher but then I lay it aside since my computer can't handle it, I'm guessing it foremost needs more RAM. I really must upgrade as soon as I can since this game is incredibly good.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:19 AM   #1344

Wii sport nearly Pro in tennis but it is so hard, I keep getting aced. Also nearly Pro in golf.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:14 PM   #1345
Master of time and space

Currently playing Fallout 3 and Fable 2. Both are way better than I expected. Both have kept me playing so long that my hands are now aching. In short, they both rule!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #1346

Send a message via MSN to bandidoquest

I started playing Fallout recently, I had never played the games before and I want to finish the two original games before playing Fallout 3. The game is really good, lots of options, different ways to finish missions, etc. I can understand why it became such a classic. I'm still at the beginning and I am already a fan of the game.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #1347
Random

I'm playing the The Witcher. I'm enjoying, just thought that it had better graphics, but i'ts ok!! finished the 1º "boss".

Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #1348
In an evening of July...

It has amazing graphics, what are you talking about? For me it looked better than Oblivion.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #1349

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I disagree. To this very date, Oblivion still the best graphics I've ever seen on my screen, even if the introduction movie fromThe Witcher really was outstanding.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 01-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #1350
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
It has amazing graphics, what are you talking about? For me it looked better than Oblivion.
The graphics are cool but, as i've said, dunno i expected more. And i agree with andrea. Hehehe.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #1351
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
I disagree. To this very date, Oblivion still the best graphics I've ever seen on my screen, even if the introduction movie fromThe Witcher really was outstanding.
In that case the PC (I'm assuming you refer to the PC version) version really outshines the X360 version. I just booted the game up on my X360 and already the game is showing signs of age...
Old 01-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #1352
In an evening of July...

Well, I guess what I meant was that I liked the Witcher style and graphics design better than Oblivion's, even though the engine itself might be weaker. It looked more natural to me.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #1353
Psychonaut

The Witcher game uses the Neverwinter Nights Engine which is seriously outdated thesedays.

Oblivion would seriously kick it's ass graphically that is.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #1354
In an evening of July...

Well, that's like saying Half-Life ran on the Quake engine. It is true, but the engine was very heavily modified.
...and yes, deep down in my heart I do believe that the inability to jump in the Witcher was a design choice and not an engine limitation.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:27 AM   #1355

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
In that case the PC (I'm assuming you refer to the PC version) version really outshines the X360 version.
Yes. The PC version with all the graphical parameters settled at the highest. Sometimes I load my game just to wander about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
...and yes, deep down in my heart I do believe that the inability to jump in the Witcher was a design choice and not an engine limitation.
A good example of persuasion! I remember going near the fence, just outside the first village, and thinking: "Why on Earth this guy can't jump over this tiny, teeny little fence?"... I doubted, back then, to be in front of a design choice
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 01-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetickyle View Post
I'm playing the first Runaway game. I just entered the Old West ghost town.

I've always heard good things, so I finally decided to play it. I like the story and the graphics are cool, but I'm a little annoyed by the puzzles. It seems like there just too much running around. You'll see something and know you'll probably need it, but you can't pick it up until you find where it can be used. That's kind of pissing me off. Other than that, I don't have any complaints. I don't know if I'm going to play the second one or not.
I gave up at that point. You finally save Gina, after all that effort, then she just falls down a sodding hole! At first I though it was hilarious, because it was the most random/cliched/typical thing that could happen, but shortly after I found the area just to lonely.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #1357
Psychonaut

Prince of Persia

Collected 550+ light thingies, killed the Hunter, received all 4 powers, now just have 6 levels and 3 boss fight to go (and whatever happens at the end- If you fight the big bad as Elka's father or whatever)

Although not a perfect game it is turning out to be reasonable fun. The platforming is great as usual, the fights are naff and the characters voices are annoying (although they have grown on me slightly)
Old 01-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #1358

The Lost Crown - not very far. Just reading Molina´s diary. It seems to be a great game. I liked Dark Fall and Lights Out but they were too empty for me. This one I really want to finish.

EDIT: Day 2. Still a very good game, it makes me play it though I have more important things to do. The main character is not quite sympathetic or handsome, but it makes it more interesting than annoying for me.

Last edited by veruncheek; 01-04-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #1359

Still playing Picross DS, but that's more of an ongoing daily ritual that's unlikely to end any time soon.

Keep meaning to delve into the second case on Touch Detective, but a combination of annoyance at the logic (or lack thereof) of many of the puzzles, combined with the fact I lost the DS' stylus (left behind on train when it fell out of the unit, I suspect) means I'm waiting on a replacement. (Thank the ghods Picross plays fine with joypad/buttons.)

Okami on PS2 was getting a hammering, about 20 hours in now, but on hold for the moment, as my interest has begun to wane a bit.

Seem to spend more time reading about games than actually playing them, lately... Hmm.

Last edited by Foozwah; 01-07-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaron View Post
I'm playing the The Witcher. I'm enjoying, just thought that it had better graphics, but i'ts ok!! finished the 1º "boss".
if Witcher had better graphics it'd look like crysis. Witcher looks VERY GOOD.