You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #1321
In an evening of July...

Dead Space - Loving it. Finally a horror shooter I feel like I can finish, and still have fun. I don't feel like a helpless human in my space suit, I feel like a heavy-armored killing machine, ready to cut off some limbs. Currently in chapter nine (or ten), hardly following the story, just imagining I'm on the Event Horizon, since it is my favorite horror movie.

Also, Fallout 3, an hour in. I was looking forward to this game, and it is probably too soon to judge, but it doesn't feel extraordinary.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:43 PM   #1322
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I've put nearly 30 hours into Fallout 3 already and there's still another 1/3 of the map I haven't explored yet. I've been waiting over 10 years for this game and it has surpassed my expectations, it has everything I wanted in a 3D Fallout game and more. Hopefully this will sell well so we won't have to wait so long for the next in the series.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 11-08-2008, 02:50 AM   #1323
Schattenjäger

I bought Last Express recently and started playing today. So i´m still pretty much in the beginning ( after the first actionscene with Milos) , but so far i´m very impressed. I admit that i´m still running around a little confused at times, but i can tell that this one´s got the all ingredients to make me play as much as possible.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 11-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #1324
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
[B]Dead Space[/B}...I don't feel like a helpless human in my space suit, I feel like a heavy-armored killing machine, r
Is that a good thing (feeling "overpowered" in a horror game)?
Old 11-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #1325
Homer of Kittens

Fallout 3
Clocked about 30 hours into the game and still have so much more to do.
I already have a few gripes with the game that are frustrating. I know that enemies don't get strong as you scale up like in Oblivion, but for some reason, as I level up, only my damage is increasing, but not my endurance. So I go somewhere, and got shot at from God knows where by Raiders, and I see my health bar going down. Not cool. Is there some super damage resistant Armor I can find somewhere? And is there a stat that actually controls how much damage you take?

Another issue I have is with the glitches in the game, especially when it comes to the NPC AI. I have had to reload several times because they did what they were supposed to do before I even entered the room.

But overall, I can say it is a very enjoyable Oblivion with guns kind of game.

Firefox rules
Old 11-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #1326
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Is that a good thing (feeling "overpowered" in a horror game)?
I don't like the traditional horror games, so yeah, for me it is. I guess Dead Space doesn't even qualify as horror, it is more of a dark, badass shooter.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:59 AM   #1327
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
I don't like the traditional horror games, so yeah, for me it is. I guess Dead Space doesn't even qualify as horror, it is more of a dark, badass shooter.
I on the other hand want the main character to be slightly underpowered for the task at hand so I'm hoping a higher level of difficulty will remedy this. A difficulty available from the start that is...
Old 11-10-2008, 04:57 AM   #1328
The Quiet One

The only hardest difficulty that's available at the start of the game is Hard mode. Once you've completed the game Impossible mode unlocks.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 11-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #1329
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
The only hardest difficulty that's available at the start of the game is Hard mode. Once you've completed the game Impossible mode unlocks.
I guess I'll play on hard then :-)
Old 11-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #1330
A Servicable Villain

Right now I'm busy with two games:
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, which is excellent, if not surpassing the excellence of the Sorrow arc, which was the series on its peak.
- Wrath of the Lich King, which is absolutely fantastic. Playing with a Deathknight is a great experience and I love the game like I've never loved it before.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #1331
Master of time and space

Call of Duty 3
After finishing both COD2 and COD4 I just had to get this and event though I'm still on chapter 2 I can say that COD3 delivers an exciting and extremely tense (if you play on Veteran difficulty) experience. Bullets smarts and going at it the Rambo style makes you fodder for the cannons. Great fun and a steal for the €10 i paid for it.

Guitar Hero 3
Recently finished it on Easy which was well, easy . I'm around ten songs into the career on Medium and this is more on par with my skills. I usually land around a 90% note hit which is enough to make the game go You Rock!. I gotta get another guitar so that me and my girlfriend can coop on this.

Dead Space
Probably at the end of chapter 1 on Hard and really feeling vulnerable with my constant low ammo supply. The game in general is easily on par with System Shock or Bioshock which is a good grade in my book. Judging by the talk on different forums I'm not expecting it to get worse later in the game.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:06 PM   #1332
Neo-Beatnik

Default Runaway: A Road Adventure

I'm playing the first Runaway game. I just entered the Old West ghost town.

I've always heard good things, so I finally decided to play it. I like the story and the graphics are cool, but I'm a little annoyed by the puzzles. It seems like there just too much running around. You'll see something and know you'll probably need it, but you can't pick it up until you find where it can be used. That's kind of pissing me off. Other than that, I don't have any complaints. I don't know if I'm going to play the second one or not.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #1333

Wii Sport, loving it, not very good at the baseball game, getting better at golf and boxing.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #1334
Lazy Bee

Perry Rhodan: I'm at Mondra's exhibition in the museum and have just accessed the Museum cathedral.

I like everything about his game!
Old 12-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #1335

Playing Zack and Wiki,I think i am about half way thru, it is alot of fun.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:04 AM   #1336

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Fallout 3: bought yesterday... Just at the beginning! Amazing!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 12-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #1337
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Finished BS4 last weekend... the ending was way too abrupt.

The Abbey - now stuck in Act 2
Nancy Drew 18: The Phantom of Venice - Started it on Saturday and am already more than halfway through, I'll probably finish this game before The Abbey!
MISSING: The 13th Victim - replaying Sadedali (the one with the zipping bar codes)

Same games on hold, will probably return to URU:CC and restart TMOS.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #1338
Master of time and space

Currently playing Kameo and oh my what a pleasant surprise. It's like a cross between Zelda, Elf Quest and Shadow Caster. Actually so far it's better than Zelda in my opinion, just way too easy on the puzzle side.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #1339
delusions of adequacy

Planescape Torment (again).

Its been a while since I finished this all the way through (years). I've tried to replay it a few times but for some reason tend to stop either at the upper ward or after Ravel's maze.

This time through there's more incentive, having used the widescreen hack with a gui fix (click for screenshots). The game really does look and run better at higher resolutions, it really lets you see Sigil in all its grimy, atmospheric beauty.

I'm loving it so far but the flipside is I'm once again growing intensely frustrated that Planescape never took off as a setting for pulp fantasy novels. I love it to bits but there's just nothing to read set there (other than one weak trilogy and an ok stand alone novel).

Still hoping Rogue Dao pull off their Planescape trilogy for Neverwinter Nights 2.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:10 AM   #1340

Wii Sport, I am now a pro bowler and have a sparkly pink ball to bowl with.