You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 02:04 AM   #1301
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Psychonauts - Yes, I've finally gotten around to playing it. ( ) And it it awesome. I am currently in the middle of the Brain Tumbler experiment, and am stuck on floating up the rotten steak at the Nightmare tower. Gah. The Mega Censor was easier once I got the hang of it.

Mass Effect - Still going. Just completed my second playthrough, started my third.

Dreamfall - Restarted it, and finally want to finish it after all those years. I noticed I got better at using the controls.

Still playing Stubbs, too. Realised that Tony Tough 2 doesn't work on my graphics card, and probably never will.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:59 AM   #1302

I just completed Secret Files: Tunguska so now I'm going to try and finish Broken Sword 4. I was about halfway through and lost interest a while back. Once that's done I've got Sam & Max: Hit the Road, Curse of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango and Myst IV to choose from, although Grim Fandango keeps freezing
Old 10-06-2008, 06:11 AM   #1303
kamikaze hummingbirds

I was trying to play the first Alone In the Dark on DOSBox - but I had to give up because it was too sluggish.
I wouldn't mind knowing if there was any way to remedy that, though.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:05 AM   #1304
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Psychonauts - Yes, I've finally gotten around to playing it. ( ) And it it awesome. I am currently in the middle of the Brain Tumbler experiment, and am stuck on floating up the rotten steak at the Nightmare tower. Gah. The Mega Censor was easier once I got the hang of it.
Spoiler:
Have you got levitation yet? If not, you'll need to do that course to progress

Spoiler:
Punch the rotten steak to get it to emit a stream of gas. Floating up on the gas using the levitation balloon (where you hang below it) is then relatively easy)
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 10-18-2008, 07:16 AM   #1305
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Dead Space

This game is awesome. Almost everything's top-notch. The boss fights are annoying, as boss fights always are, but besides that I can't complain.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:34 AM   #1306
Psychonaut

Damn,

Can't wait until Friday when it's released in the UK.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:49 AM   #1307
Queen of Lightning

Just begun: Sacred 2, Culpa Innata, Total War: Shogun.

Also a little way into Mass Effect; -Yummy graphics and amazing character models, but I just got blown up.

I'm eternally trying to get through NWN2, so that I can play Mask of the Betrayer... (but then I get distracted by other games...

@RLacey: I played a bit of the demo for Mount & Blade (I know exactly what you're talking about with the mounted combat ), but the gameworld seemed rather bleak to me graphicswise (in the demo anyway) - sort of colourless?

Has the game at least have a nice story, and are there at least some pretty bits here and there?
(I'm one of those that love my eye-candy)

Last edited by Moondancer; 10-18-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:48 AM   #1308
delusions of adequacy

Soma Bringer (ds)

I've been stung by games before that looked like Diablo on DS (From the Abyss, Dungeon Explorer) and they where at best just passable. Soma Bringer is the 'real deal' in so far as wonderful battle mechanics, different character builds, mana and hit points, random loot and random recovery shrines, multiplayer. It only lacks the random level generator...

It oozes style and is drastically in need of an english language release.

----
Lock's Quest (ds)

I fell in love with Lock's Quest early on, but it tempered to a flat 'its alright' towards the end. There's a lot of great stuff to be had here but also there are some truly frustrating mechanics issues that keep this game from AAA status. The story is negligible, with the plot 'twist' caught naked on its way to the shower early in the morning. What could have been interesting threads are left hanging loose by a surprising 'tah dah the game is now finished' ending that is doubly upsetting from a game which consists of a heck of a lot of 'rinse and repeat'.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:02 AM   #1309
gin soaked boy

Dragon Quest VIII, some 45 hours in and counting. The funny thing is I don't even find the game particularly good, but the sheer addictiveness of grinding keeps me pushing forward and playing the damn thing for hours and hours every day. That and Toriyama's amazing monster designs.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #1310
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondancer View Post
@RLacey: I played a bit of the demo for Mount & Blade (I know exactly what you're talking about with the mounted combat ), but the gameworld seemed rather bleak to me graphicswise (in the demo anyway) - sort of colourless?

Has the game at least have a nice story, and are there at least some pretty bits here and there?
(I'm one of those that love my eye-candy)
The gameplay is what you see in the demo; I believe the only difference between that and the full version is that you can level up beyond Level 8 or somesuch.

Regarding the graphics, there are various MODs you can get (check the official website's forums). People have swapped out the textures, and even tried to tack on HDR lighting. It still doesn't look stellar, but it does at least look better!

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:49 AM   #1311

Just started Fable 2.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:56 AM   #1312

ive started playing riddle of the sphinx, i love it so far, really good atmosphere... at the moment stuck in the pyramid
Old 10-25-2008, 06:02 AM   #1313
Master of time and space

I'm currently playing Call of Duty 2. This game is almost as good as Call of Duty 4 in its single player campaign. I'm currently in the middle of D-day on Veteran difficulty and it's brutal!
Old 10-25-2008, 07:46 AM   #1314
Psychonaut

Playing Dead Space currently on the Engineering level (Level 3).

Loving the atmosphere and the action of the game. Scary as hell.

Superb holographic interface that floats in front of your character. Really cool.

Unfortunatly your character seems to some kind of mute as he never speaks which is a tad weird and offputting especially at the start when people are speaking to you and you never reply.

Really loving the game though.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #1315
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Psst, just look at my signature...

The Abbey - still stuck in Act I
Delaware St. John v.3 - The Seacliff Tragedy - almost finished Story 2
MISSING: The 13th Victim - replaying Nasnia (2nd part, just waiting for the e-mail)

Games on hold:
The Last Express - between Munich and Vienna, was trying different things
Laura Bow - The Dagger of Amon Ra - stopped at Act III
Uru: CC - started the expansion packs
Myst IV: Revelation - still exploring Spire
The Moment of Silence - only played a little of it, will get back to it soon, I hope
Old 10-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #1316
Super Moderator

I had started playing Hotel Dusk in Nov. 2007 and put it down at Chap. 10. Lots of stuff was happening with my PhD (stressful and frustrating) and I really had put adventure gaming on hold . I've been getting back into it lately and decided to start Hotel Dusk over. I'm in Chap. 2. I love the atmosphere and story of this game. I know it's not perfect, but it's really sucked me in.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:03 AM   #1317
I changed my title

I'm nearing the end of The Bard's Tale.
It runs frustratingly slow on my machine, but it's still pretty fun.
The jokes are nice but they go on for too long.
Navigation is annoying. The top-down view makes it so I can't see where I'm going unless I constantly look at the mini-map - which I do since it also shows incoming enemies.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #1318
delusions of adequacy

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia.

Gorgeous and entertaining.

Finished 1st normal mode play through. Some basic monsters where occasionally harder than some bosses but most where still a challenge, and a few are truly mean. Apart from Dracula who is rather weak in this outing.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:01 PM   #1319
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
Dragon Quest VIII, some 45 hours in and counting. The funny thing is I don't even find the game particularly good, but the sheer addictiveness of grinding keeps me pushing forward and playing the damn thing for hours and hours every day. That and Toriyama's amazing monster designs.
I know what you mean. I probably clocked about 100 hours into that game. There is just something very addictive about it.

Firefox rules
Old 11-04-2008, 11:03 PM   #1320
Homer of Kittens

Fallout 3
Can't say much about it without lots of spoilers, but all I can say is, my character is a badass tank, with emphasis on heavy weapons, repair, small weapons, bartering and speech. Got some really neat firepower as well

Firefox rules