You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 08:15 AM   #1221
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

As far as I'm aware, the game is still very much in copyright, though the status of who owns the System Shock licence has been disputed at various points.

In other news...

Mass Effect
Finally got it working. I'm now a Spectre.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:00 AM   #1222
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Then, maybe we're better off if I or someone else remove the link? I can't judge myself if the legality is dubious or not since I know squat of the copyright status of the game.
Done.

I'm now in the closing part of the game. Trying to make my way up to the bridge (since that swine SHODAN disabled the life pods after I set the self-destruct on the station reactor) The bridge is apparently separable (SHODAN is trying to do just that) so there is a chance of me getting out alive if I can just work out how to get up there. The Security level (in-between) is crawling with homicidal cyborgs and bots.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 06-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #1223
Adventure Gamer for Life

Right now I am currently playing Zack and Wiki (etc) on Wii and just (finally) got through the "Frost Breath" level.

On 360 I am playing Lego Indiana Jones.

On PS2 I am playing Sly Cooper 3.

On PC I am in the middle of games of Curse of Monkey Island and Sam and Max Hit the Road, although I'm not actively playing them right now.

On DS I'm about to start playing Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles.

Gee, and to think two years ago I didn't own any consoles....
Old 07-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #1224

Just downloaded Jack Keane, and after a few hours play I've just reached the jungle. Chapter IV. So far I'm impressed with the actual gameplay, it's really inventory based which I personally love in an adventure game! Though I can't help but feel the characters are a bit 'tacky' per se.. Though, no way near on a par as Runaway

Will probably finish Jack Keane tomorrow, I think.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:46 AM   #1225

Playing Lost Crown which seemed disappointing at first. This game has really grown on me ... especially now that I've found the book with the crowns and followed the cat to a very enchanting place.

This game doesn't feel like a "typical" puzzle game ... although there are plenty of situations to solve. The sound effects are clear and nicely done and the art is haunting.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)

Last edited by AprilLives; 07-02-2008 at 03:54 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #1226

I'm about to enter the last act in MGS4 on Big Boss Hard, no kills and all the statues. After that, I think I've got enough of MGS4 for a while... although I'm tempted to retread familiar ground in MGS1.

I'm probably done with it tomorrow. Perhaps I'll go back to Neverwinter Nights 2, which I was playing before I got MGS4. I also have Crysis I'd like to play a bit, and I just downloaded Trackmania Nations Forever.

*sigh*

Too many games, too little time. As usual.

EDIT: not to mention how MixnMojo's Monkey Island feature made me want to play through that again.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:48 AM   #1227
Lovable rogue

Half Life 2:

I'm breaking into Nova Prospect, but I'm stuck as I have two annoying flying craft after me, and the world's most useless rocket launcher with which to shoot them down.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 07-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #1228

Silent Hill

My playthrough of the first game for the first time in about 6 or so years.

This game still more than holds up against itself. So detailed. So atmospheric. Still as scary as the rest of them. Currently halfway through the hospital. It's a bit touch and go having to fight the nurses with the torch turned off.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:13 AM   #1229
Master of time and space

I'm currently 22 hours into Xenogears and loving every minute of it. Best JRPG I've played so far. I love the story, anime style, the gears (huge robots) and the graphics. Brilliant!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #1230
In an evening of July...

Planescape Torment

Currently exploring the Lower Wardens, loving every bit of it. Such a great game, really - of the more recent games only The Witcher is comparable to it, the rest is a generic grindfest with a generic setting.

Last edited by kuze; 07-23-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #1231
aye, aye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLives View Post
Playing Lost Crown which seemed disappointing at first. This game has really grown on me ... especially now that I've found the book with the crowns and followed the cat to a very enchanting place.

This game doesn't feel like a "typical" puzzle game ... although there are plenty of situations to solve. The sound effects are clear and nicely done and the art is haunting.
YES, I agree with everything you said! Except I don't like some of the voiceactors. D8 I was so mad I was sooo close to just shut down the whole darned game... XD
But I'm in the museum now! Shut it down for a few days because I'm at work most of the time and I want to save my energy just so I won't skip through any documents/information just to finish the game asap like I do in some cases. XD
Old 07-26-2008, 07:24 AM   #1232

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
Planescape Torment

Currently exploring the Lower Wardens, loving every bit of it. Such a great game, really - of the more recent games only The Witcher is comparable to it, the rest is a generic grindfest with a generic setting.
I've bought that game twice and not played it both times because the size and time to dedicate seems completely daunting. Can you tell me how much time you've spent on the game so far?
Old 07-26-2008, 07:42 AM   #1233
In an evening of July...

I also tried to play it two times in seven years, and both times I never even made it to the Buried Village even though I saw how awesome this game is.

Now I'm about... what, about 30 hours in (it's hard to estimate, I started playing a few months ago) and have the intention to finish it this time. But trust me, those thirty hours are well worth it - and I'm already looking for another CRPG to play after I'm finished with PS:T.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #1234
Master of time and space

Xenogears
Just defended Shevat after 33 hours of gaming and according to the web I still have another 30 hours before I'm done. I've started using a walkthrough so that I get the strategy hints needed to be able to defeat all the bosses. This is a game for everyone who enjoys a good story. Mein Gott it's captivating!

*edit*
However obtaining all the death blows is somewhat tedious. But for once I think it's worth it to experience all that wonderful story.

Dead Rising
I love the setting! But it's really hard. I can't seem to survive even the first day...

Last edited by MdaG; 07-27-2008 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #1235
Stalker of Britain

Black Mirror

I'm in the middle of "Black Mirror", Chapter 3 in Wales. I stopped cause I lost interest, but I want to see this out.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #1236

I am playing Lego's Indianna Jones on PS2, not enjoying it, the characters are fun and I like its playfulness but the game play isnt engaging me enough.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #1237
Master of time and space

Around 50 hours into Xenogears and just recently finished the first disc. Up to that point this game was superb. However starting the second disc the game is barely recognizable. It's like everything was rushed from then on. You basically sit and watch cut scenes with the occasional battle thrown in from time to time. But that's not enough, the cut scenes are told in past tense with everything wrapped up leaving only the gist of the story left. It's a shame because even the gist tells of developers having a really thought out story, but wasn't allowed the tell everything in detail. This makes the first disc a superb JRPG, but the second is more of a aftermath. Oh well, I'm going to see this one through at least.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #1238
Stalker of Britain

Blackstone Chronicles

Wonderful game that ties up a lot of loose questions from the books. We get to learn more about the inmates hinted at in the books. It's genuinely scary how insane people were "treated". It's a really good game. I'm talking to Vi and "Lorena" right now.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-31-2008, 01:04 PM   #1239

Were you brought to Blackstone Chronicles because of looking for a game similar to Sanitarium which you recently completed? I eyed up BC afterwards also, but there was a reason why I didn't go for it in the end.

I look forward to your comments on the game after you've finished it.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:38 PM   #1240
Stalker of Britain

Hi Terramax! Actually no, I got drawn to the game by reading the books first. I like psychological and supernatural stories, and the series of books were awesome! Great stories that (mostly) made sense, memorable characters, gruesome deaths, and very sad flashbacks of inmates at the asylum.

I bought this game since it was like a "sequel", and it's amazing to meet some of the people (and dark objects) you spent so much time with in the books. I love how true the stories are of what people used to do to the "insane", and actually thought they were helping. But most of all, I love meeting and learning a lot more about the inmates, that we only had a glance at through flashbacks in the books. Now, I get to know more of their backstory, and a lot of the loose ends in the books, at least about the ancestors in the asylum, are answered! I LOVE this game so far!!!

Sanitarium was awesome and a sppoky/sad story, too, although it didn't really *scare* me.

Why didn't you go for BC??!! *shock gasp horror* lol