You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #1201
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I'm playing LostWinds, one of the first batch of downloadable "WiiWare" games. I found it really refreshing to be able to buy a new game without having to ship it from America. It's a simple 2D platformer. I think I'm close to the end, unless the game's much longer than it seems. It's not bad, not exceptional- pretty much what you'd expect from a $10 indie game.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #1202
Master of time and space

About 30h in to Persona 3. This is the first JRPG in nine years that I've played and enjoyed. I love the atmosphere, setting and story. It's so refreshing not being set in the usual stereotypical fantasy or science fiction worlds. Also, for once the weird (japanese?) enemy look actually makes sense...
Old 05-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #1203
Backsliding Pagan

I'm probably two-thirds of the way through Overclocked. The game crashed, and I haven't returned to it since, partly because I hate having to repeat things, and partly because I'm just not as engaged as I really wanted to be. Sigh.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #1204
Master of time and space

I'm almost on 31 jan 2010 in Persona 3. This is a fun game, but it's getting repetitive and the story is barely reason enough to see it through to the end. But since I've already spent 60 hours on the game I might as well spend another five and finish it.

*edit*
I just turned off the PS2 after battling Nyx for what seemed like more than an hour. I got to the part where he is using the Death arcana and managed to beat him down to his last 10% before he charmed the main character which in turn healed him up to 100% again. WTF!?!?

Anyway, next game.

Last edited by MdaG; 06-08-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #1205

I was getting into the original Resident Evil on the PC. Pure nostalgia, that game. However, there appear to be a few problems such as cutscene actions going to quickly, major slowdown during certain parts of gameplay, and the screen going green after a while. Very annoying. Unfortunately my Plastation Emulator won't play my PSX version properly so it looks as if I'm going to have to wait a lil' longer before I can play this game correctly on my PC.

Also, started playing Beach Life again. This game comes out of my CD case every time Summer comes around. Very relaxing game. I just love to make the most beautiful beach resort from the tinniest details. I wish there was another sim/ god game as good as this.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:37 AM   #1206
Master of time and space

Three hours into Chrono Trigger. This old game has aged really well and everything just oozes of quality. The classic anime touch also adds to the atmosphere. I just fled from a dungeon where I was imprisoned for "kidnapping" Princess Nadia...
Old 06-18-2008, 02:33 PM   #1207
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
Also, started playing Beach Life again. This game comes out of my CD case every time Summer comes around. Very relaxing game. I just love to make the most beautiful beach resort from the tinniest details. I wish there was another sim/ god game as good as this.
I played a demo of this once and rather enjoyed it, but by the time I got around to buying it, it was no longer being sold. Must look into alternative methods of procuring it...

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 06-20-2008, 07:34 AM   #1208
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

What, Amazon?

Or, in fact, directly from its budget publisher?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:16 AM   #1209
The Quiet One

Grand Theft Auto IV

Seriously taking my sweet-ass-time through this one. Plus, my console's motherboard had a problem a few weeks ago to the point where it scratched my disc on more than one occassion. Had to wait about a week till i got it back from repair and had to get a replacement copy of the game.

I've just arrived at the safehouse in Bohan for the first time and i'm about to start working for Brucie.

The Adventures of Alundra

One of my favourite games. I remember playing this game years ago and when i first loaded it up i was like: 'wtf is this?' In-game, it reminded me of Pokemon on the Gameboy. When i made it to the village of Inoa and started exploring, i was hooked. I found/find it addictive and the story sucked me in as it got going. Some of the puzzles, later on in the game, really stumped me when i was younger. Playing through it now they've been relatively straightforward, but there's still quite a ways for me to go yet. There's quite a lot of secret areas/items to find, which you can only collect once you've obtained certain weapons or tools. I just love collecting every item in games like this. I also love the intro. It's not really much of an intro means it only shows you clips of in-game footage as well as clips of the cool anime cartoon at the end, but the rock music that plays, kicks ass.

My disc's been sent for a bit of clean up at a game shop, which removes scratches from discs. Decided to have it done because the disc was completely covered in them. So once i've got it back i'll continue making my way through Magyscar.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 06-21-2008 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:34 AM   #1210
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

I'm playing Guitar Hero 3 at the moment I've just finished the easy part...
Aslo re-playing Broken Sword 2 for PSX. Just arrived at Quaramonte.

I'm thinking about soon start playing Suikoden 2 again.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #1211

I'm playing Bioshock (for PC) for the third time right now.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #1212
Lazy Bee

I'm playing The Lost Crown and I'm in the museum at nighttime right now. The game has finally picked up speed and I'm enjoying it a lot. I don't even mind the crappy voice acting anymore.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #1213
Freeware Co-ordinator

System Shock (1994)

Finally succeeded in disabling the laser which means I can ascend to level 6, where the lovely mutagenic viruses are stored.

The graphics are clearly quite old (but serviceable) on this but the gameplay is great.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 06-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #1214
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
System Shock (1994)

Finally succeeded in disabling the laser which means I can ascend to level 6, where the lovely mutagenic viruses are stored.

The graphics are clearly quite old (but serviceable) on this but the gameplay is great.
Is it the high-resolution version?

Last edited by stepurhan; 06-29-2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Agreed to remove link
Old 06-26-2008, 11:18 PM   #1215
Freeware Co-ordinator

No, it's an original boxed CD version I found in a charity shop. Almost pristine condition as well. It's worth keeping an eye out for these great bargains.

I had to remove your link by the way. The site you linked to is an abandonware site and those aren't allowed in these forums.

I've moved on in the game since. I'm all set to jettison the "groves" (where SHODAN is growing the deadly viruses) but wouldn't you just know it, the Main Jettison control is on the blink so I've got to go all the way down to maintenance to reset it.

Cold Topic

Old 06-27-2008, 05:21 AM   #1216
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I loved System Shock, though I never completed it, because I set Cyberspace difficulty too high for myself, and was three quarters of the way through the game before I realised my mistake.

I should probably go back and have another go some day. One of those games that makes you realise that they truly don't make 'em like they used to.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:21 AM   #1217
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
I had to remove your link by the way. The site you linked to is an abandonware site and those aren't allowed in these forums.
Really!? I thought Abandonia Reloaded was a freeware site?

"Dedicated to retro remakes and community made freeware" is what the site says...

Last edited by MdaG; 06-27-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:59 PM   #1218
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Really!? I thought Abandonia Reloaded was a freeware site?

"Dedicated to retro remakes and community made freeware" is what the site says...
My apologies. The site is closely associated with an abandonware site (hence my initial reaction) but, on further investigation, it appears you are correct in saying that this particular site doesn't host any abandonware. I've reinstated the link.

Cold Topic

Old 06-29-2008, 04:14 AM   #1219
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Regardless of the site's status, this still strikes me as a project of somewhat dubious legality, since it's essentially a rerelease of a game that's still in copyright...

Old 06-29-2008, 04:35 AM   #1220
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Regardless of the site's status, this still strikes me as a project of somewhat dubious legality, since it's essentially a rerelease of a game that's still in copyright...
Then, maybe we're better off if I or someone else remove the link? I can't judge myself if the legality is dubious or not since I know squat of the copyright status of the game.