You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 04:30 AM   #1181

Am in the middle of playing Agon - The Lost Sword of Toledo now
Old 04-14-2008, 06:22 AM   #1182

Welcome back SnorkleCat!

I'm currently playing 'Riddle of the Sphinx' and am in the middle of the puzzle involving
Spoiler:
astronomy.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #1183
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Hellgate: London
I'm only taken a single character to level 6 so far, but this is sucking away at my time. Bizarrely addictive - particularly now that the patches have improved stability and stuff.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #1184
DAVE

Just finished Arx Fatalis.

What sucks is I've fallen addicted to RPGs as of lately but the list of games my old rig can run is running real short real fast
Old 04-18-2008, 05:54 AM   #1185
ssa

Finished Agon 4 last night.

If you have to replay the game (cause of lost saves) it is NO fun not being able to skip dialogs.
I'm sure that's deliberate just to make game play seem longer.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #1186
Seth Balmore

I started playing DM4, but then I got Lost Odyssey. I totally forgot and neglected DMC lol...(I’m about halfway through it though so I will finish it eventually)
I am quite sad that I have finished LO now; there are still a lot of side-quests that I need to do but the main story is finished. …needless to say, I am impatiently awaiting the announcement of LO2.

I am also playing King's Quest 2 again (the VGA version by AGD Interactive), I am at the part where I am about to get my third and final Gem. This is actually the first time that I am playing it on my Vista Laptop and it works perfectly fine!

But there are still so many games that I started playing and then I just lost interest in them about halfway through; this often happens when I play RPGs, Lost Odyssey was a whole different story though.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #1187
Lazy Bee

After having played Black Dahlia and enjoyed it a lot I knew I'd be hard to please.
I'm now playing Amber Journeys Beyond and am currently in the Spirit world by the lake. I'm not overly impressed by this game. Not because of the dated graphics or the story, but because of the way I have to guess what I need to do all the time. At times I really don't know what I'm supposed to achieve and it takes away the fun.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #1188
Master of time and space

Still playing Resident Evil - Code Veronica X. The game is really showing its age with the low resolution textures and midi sound effects. It's barely interesting enough for me to continue forward, but the occasional highlights has kept my interest so far. Since this chapter is supposed to bring closure to the Umbrella incident I'm probably going to see this one through, but with other, probably better survival horror games (Eternal Darkness and Silent Hill 3 & 4) on my shelf I can't help but glance at them from time to time.

Anyway, just witnessed Steve filling his zombie father with lead... touching, almost.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #1189
merely human

Finally finished Still Life last night (Xbox version, and I still have the original console).

Am now playing Half-Life 2 (just started the Nova Prospekt level). I know, I know, should've done this game years ago. The fact is that I actually did buy this title for PC when it first came out, however I walked away from it and didn't pick it up again until it was launched as part of The Orange Box for X360. But it doesn't matter that I started it from the beginning, I'm having an amazing time! Love the ant lions fighting for me.

Cripeys! I just remembered I get to play Episode 1 and 2 once I finish HL2. The Orange Box is definitely the deal of the decade!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-19-2008, 09:02 PM   #1190
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post

Finally finished Still Life last night (Xbox version, and I still have the original console).

What did you think of Still Life Trepsie?

Firefox rules
Old 04-19-2008, 10:37 PM   #1191
merely human

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...0&postcount=37
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-24-2008, 06:08 AM   #1192

I've been replaying Freedom Fighters. Man, I love this game. The action is addictive. The way you can pick and choose missions is great. The whole cause-and-effect angle is good too. (Destroying a helipad in one area to make another area easier, etc.) There's nothing like having command of a rapidly growing squad! I'm probably about halfway through.

Last edited by D.C.; 04-24-2008 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #1193
The Dude

Busy on 2 fronts these days.

1. Since the Wii is my console of choice for this generation (which I'm regretting with the impending release of GTAIV), I've been trying to keep up with both the VC and the new released top games.

So for VC it's the second Legend of Zelda. The one with the amazing retro graphics. These big epic games don't come to their right when you're trying to play 5 other games at the same time. I'm liking the atmosphere and especially the design of the dungeons, but I'm really racing through the game. Currently at the boss in the first dungeon of the 'mirror' world.

Other VC game is Super Mario 64, another epic. The level design is simple but the camera isn't helping. I'm also disliking the fact you can't just turn your character in the opposite direction, he really has to make a small circle to run to the other side. Result: DEAD, alot of DEAD. But for the first 3D platform game, mighty impressive. I can see why it's still considered as one of the best games ever. You're not just running through levels, you're actually looking for stars, making the level a little different each time you enter the level again looking for a new star. Refreshing. Can't wait to play Super Mario Galaxy, but all in it's due time.

Just started playing No More Heroes, which is simply insane. The openworld is so badly developed that it really brings the game down, but the combat is fun. Been since God of War since I was so impressed with a battle engine. It's really simple but has enormous hidden depth. Suda 51, the guy behind the game, really put every bugnuts idea somebody from the team brought up in the freakin' game. You save on toilets, taking a dump, there's a tiger which runs across your screen when activating power ups, there are crazy pop star videos you can watch (can somebody tell me if it's really an existing song?), .... Not for everyone, but I'm getting more involved while moving on. And from what I've heard the final act is a blast to play. Can't wait.

2. MMORPG of the moment is WOW. Was playing LOTRO since it's launch, but from time to time you grow bored of these games, new environments are wanted. So I finally broke down to play the mother of MMORPG's and so far it's fun. The players are not as immature as I dreaded, the lore is fun and complex. Currently playing as a butt-ugly gnome warrior at lvl 13. We'll see if Conan's release will bring another shift in my 'want-to-play' list.

Bought Sins of a Solar Empire. A new space RTS from the Homeworld and Galactic Civilisations guys. Well, the smallest map actually took me 5 hours to complete. It had around 10 planets and 1 star. Upon glancing I noticed the biggest maps had several solar systems with up to 120 planets and 10 players. These games even surpass Monopoly's playing length. It has a very slow pace and is the perfect merge between Real time and Turn based. I recommend trying the demo if you like these space 4x games. I feel I simply do not have the time for this, maybe if I still sat in college :p
Old 04-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #1194

At the moment I've got Still Life, Longest Journey and Farhenheit on the go. Still Life I've only just started, Longest Journey I'm really enjoying and Farhenheit is simply wonderful although I understand it's a fairly short game.

I'd like to finish Broken Sword 4, but I don't think I've got the will to.

I think I'm going to play Beneath A Steel Sky again for the millionth time. In my top five of all time!

Last edited by Strok; 04-24-2008 at 02:01 PM. Reason: changing subscription
Old 04-26-2008, 03:11 AM   #1195
Master of time and space

Eternal Darkness
Playing as <insert name here>. I think it's chapter eight or nine. The story is unfolding nicely and the insanity effects really sends the occasional chill through my body, but this game isn't close to being as scary as Silent Hill 2 or Resident Evil Remake.

God of War 2
Just beat Theseus. I'm having a hard time following the story with the lack of subtitles. The music and sound is often too loud when the narrator is speaking. It's a shame really.

Patapon

Finally got past the desert where you need to keep a steady frenzy to be able to make it rain while attacking the boulders blocking the way through.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #1196
Agent 5

I'm currently playing Civ III: Complete off and on(I already played the hell out of it a few years back), as well as Sim City 4 when I need to kill a bit of time.

Primarily, though, I'm polishing off the last of Legion Arena(And it's expansion, Cult of Mithras) so as to get started on Hearts of Iron 2.

All on my rather outdated G4 Mac, of course.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #1197
Master of time and space

Hmm, I'm really spreading my focus now...

Patapon
Currently stuck trying to get past some kind of enormous worm in the desert.

God of War II
Currently stuck trying to beat a revived Barbarian warrior who keeps spawning undead. This guy is really getting my adrenaline pumping since he forces me to perform flawlessly just to get in a hit without him retaliating and squashing poor Kratos.

Odin Sphere
Beautiful game. I love the graphics, the dialogue and the story. The game itself does get a bit repetitive and doesn't deliver during longer sittings. In short bursts however it's a lot of fun. I'm currently playing the epilogue part as Gwendolyn and considering how long I've been at it, I think this game is pretty lengthy...

Persona 3
In the beginning, just witnessed Orpheus squishing a shadow. I like this game already, I just hope the battle system is more fun than in Final Fantasy X *crosses fingers* since the story and setting feels fresh and original.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #1198
Club a seal or two

Crackdown
Easily the best game I've played on 360. It genuinely makes me happy while playing, which is very rare for me these days.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:21 AM   #1199
fire breathing

world of warcraft.

Came back to this game after a four and a half month long hiatus. Restarted a new character from scratch on a roleplaying server, and after a few days now have a lvl 20 human rogue....[shrugs]

I'm fascinated by/addicted to this MMO, but it also sometimes manages me to bore me so much I question why I put so much energy into it...

I guess I need to work some more on the social component of the game, as oppossed to all of the solo-questing I've been doing.

anyway, it provides a nice escape from reality and a break from schoolwork.

Edit: almost forgot, I also went back and replayed GK1 this week after sucessfully getting it to work on Vista using DosBox (thanks Collector!).
Old 05-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #1200
Lazy Bee

I've just started Obsidian. The intro was very promising and I have a good feeling about this game.