Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

needlefeast 11-28-2010 03:56 PM

Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice. Just completed the first case, so far am really enjoying it.

Chronicles of Mystery: The Legend of the Sacred Treasure. Not so good..

Stonez 11-30-2010 02:33 PM

I'm currently playing Alan Wake. Wow, what a great game. I just got to the radio station and it's been a hell of a journey to there!

Just brilliant!

Red_Lizard2 11-30-2010 05:33 PM

Just started playing Indigo Prophecy again, trying to finish it finally (last time I got probably 75% done before my harddrive died). Currently getting close to the half way point.

jimmyclark259 12-01-2010 01:10 AM

What Are You Playing Right Now!

I'm on the final stage of plants versus zombies.
Though I'm busy with choose hot tubs direct
and choose direct hot tubs I never miss to play daily.
I've been addicted to this game and yeah almost
killed all zombies. I admit, i have hard time eliminating this brats...

Pepe 12-02-2010 08:46 PM

999: 9 doors, 9 persons, 9 hours :) Just have to get the final ending, and I'm good to go!

Hammerite 12-21-2010 01:56 PM

Fallout: New Vegas

I didn't expect to, but I'm actually enjoying this more than I enjoyed Fallout 3. Sure, not much has changed -- but it doesn't start as F**KIN SLOWLY and I find the environment really rich and interesting. :)

MoP 12-21-2010 05:30 PM

Haven't played anything "serious" in a while now.

Started Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder, in the middle of the night with the headset on, and I'm pretty spooked. And loving it.

Dwagginz 12-22-2010 01:38 AM

Let's see...

Fallout: New Vegas (PC)
Running around doing NCR quests at the moment. I've got a quest to go into New Vegas itself, but I'm really not interested in doing so - at least not at this moment in time. I'm enjoying it, but I wish my card hadn't died as it's really not running that smoothly on my backup 7600GT.

Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror (PC)
I'm in the upper floor of the warehouse at the moment, so I'm not too far in. Reverting to my onboard sound sorted out my sound problem, though, just as it half did with Keepsake

Mass Effect: Galaxy (iOS)
Just met Miranda, so I'm not too far into it.

Mirror's Edge (iOS)
Only a few chapters in at the moment. It's good but the controls are a touch (Har har) annoying.

Surviving High School (iOS)
I did the Football megapack (Which comes free), and I got started on S1E1, but I managed to fail that so I've basically got to restart the episode.

Crunchy in milk 01-06-2011 04:16 AM

Prince of Persia (2008)

A very pretty and so far rather easy game. I'm enjoying the banter, despite seeing some criticisms of it here and there. I have unfortunately ruined the ending by reading about the DLC for the game.

Spoiler:
Maybe I'd take Elkas elusive comments in a different light if I didn't know what was going to happen.

It has spotty performance, at least on my old gpu. It fluctuates from really poor performance when there's a bit too much particle effects going on (dust from climbing) to running too well and somehow overheating my whole computer, even with vsync on. Granted its over 30 degrees C with no breeze right now, but its a bit of a shock to see my notebook force itsself into sleep mode to cool down for a minute before firing back up where it left off.

So far, I actually enjoy the DS version of this title more, at least as far as gameplay. Elka and 'the prince' get really varied new powers to allow access to new areas.

DustyShinigami 01-06-2011 09:28 AM

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Started this February last year, got only a few missions done, and lost interest. I came back to it November/December and I'm still going. I'm aiming to take my time and do everything - 100% completion. And 'taking my time' is an understatement as a whole year has gone by and I'm only on part 2 - the countryside.

I'm just about to tackle Catalina's last robbery mission at a bank.

Tiocfaidh 01-06-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 568533)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Started this February last year, got only a few missions done, and lost interest. I came back to it November/December and I'm still going. I'm aiming to take my time and do everything - 100% completion. And 'taking my time' is an understatement as a whole year has gone by and I'm only on part 2 - the countryside.

I'm just about to tackle Catalina's last robbery mission at a bank.

Sounds familiar

I started the game twice and stopped after a couple of missions.
I´m just not into the ghetto gangsta theme.
Enjoyed the GTA3 & Vice City atmosphere much more.

But one year ago (or was it two :crazy: ) I finally completed it 100%.
It´s GTA after all and features some very cool missions & surroundings.

One minor complaint was that many save houses (and there are plenty) look almost the same from the inside.

Major complaint is that some side missions are veeeery hard to finish.
I´m curious which missions you´ll consider the most challenging.

Have fun !

DustyShinigami 01-06-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiocfaidh (Post 568541)
Sounds familiar

I started the game twice and stopped after a couple of missions.
I´m just not into the ghetto gangsta theme.
Enjoyed the GTA3 & Vice City atmosphere much more.

But one year ago (or was it two :crazy: ) I finally completed it 100%.
It´s GTA after all and features some very cool missions & surroundings.

The whole 'gangsta' theme doesn't appeal to me either. But regardless of that, it's still an excellent game. I never stopped playing because of that reason though. I stopped because I just lost interest in playing a GTA game at that time.

I agree with you about the GTAIII and Vice City atmosphere. Awesome classics! :) After San Andreas, though it could be a while, I should give GTAIII another replay. I'm feeling a bit nostalgic.

And you're right about the missions and surroundings in San Andreas being cool. There's soooo much to see and do and so much variation it's crazy!

Quote:

One minor complaint was that many save houses (and there are plenty) look almost the same from the inside.
Very true. And some of them look scabby on the outside, but great on the inside. :D

Quote:

Major complaint is that some side missions are veeeery hard to finish.
I´m curious which missions you´ll consider the most challenging.
I found quite a few of them hard when I first played it. This time, however, the ones I have done weren't as hard as I remember. It may have something to do with my character/weapon stats, though. That, and I use my mouse for the first-person sections.

Of course - in regards to the difficulty - it's still early days yet.

Dwagginz 01-09-2011 02:31 PM

I'm not far into Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, and I'm gonna be honest.

I don't hate it. I don't even dislike it. I'm just, so far, disappointed with it. I guess I've expected too much, but I think that some of the puzzles (At this point) have been very specific and I'm also not really a fan of how 'in-depth' the controls are, with regards to the verbs. I think the kitchen scene took me longer than it should have because I was just all over the place. I'm also annoyed as to how indirect and confusing it's been. I got stuck on what to do and consulted a walkthrough, and it told me to go somewhere that's not been mentioned or even hinted at - And I bet it's right.

Think I might have to put it onto the backburner for now and focus on more recent (Even though it's a remake) titles.

Weare6 01-10-2011 06:38 PM

Momento Mori - 1/4 of the way through...
Its real boring so far, I hope it gets interesting soon.

Black Mirror II - Still in Boston
Very good so far.

Pirates of Voodoo Island - 10% into it
Not enjoying it... not really funny (probably comparing it too much to Monkey Island)

Vampyre Story - Over half way
Love the Graphics.... but not the voice overs.

Want to play "Black Mirror I" soon.....

Gledster 01-16-2011 03:49 PM

Prince of Persia - The Two Thrones. Just started it so not very far at all. Using the Xbox 360 USB pad I treated myself to thanks to a Christmas gift-voucher from a friend. REALLY enjoying it so far though, and the gamepad makes SUCH a difference, it was awful with keyboard and mouse!

Obscurista 01-18-2011 02:21 PM

A few... Rune Factory 2 (primarily to pass the time mindlessly when flying or whatever :P) and Theresia on DS (approximately in the middle of both of those); on PC, just started Chronicles of Mystery: the Scorpio Ritual, plus the old Sierra 'Lode Runner Online' (freebie download with no music.. grr!) when I feel like an action-y game. (I also need to finish Ceville, but we reformatted our hard drive recently and my copy of the game is still packed from a recent move.)

SamuelGordon 01-21-2011 10:48 AM

Playing Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers and oh my god i'm in love!!! The game was released in 1993 and kicks so much ass!! I got it from GOG and def purchasing the others!! I swear, now i understand the people that were disappointed with Gray Matter..anyways, that damn Bruno keeps popping up to buy my painting! grrr:p

Gledster 01-23-2011 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamuelGordon (Post 569953)
Playing Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers and oh my god i'm in love!!! The game was released in 1993 and kicks so much ass!! I got it from GOG and def purchasing the others!! I swear, now i understand the people that were disappointed with Gray Matter..anyways, that damn Bruno keeps popping up to buy my painting! grrr:p

I LOVED that game, top to bottom. The narrator's voice, Gabriel's humour "Mostly", Grace and even the simple "Ting ting ting ting" the game made when you did something right. GREAT game. :)

gameyea 01-29-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey (Post 271630)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
Just finished.

I also got it finished!

SamuelGordon 01-29-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gledster (Post 570142)
I LOVED that game, top to bottom. The narrator's voice, Gabriel's humour "Mostly", Grace and even the simple "Ting ting ting ting" the game made when you did something right. GREAT game. :)

Def!! I finished it by the way, awesome in every way:D. I was short of ten points:(!! Going to replay it after finishting the other two. I'm currently playing Gabriel Knight Beast Within: Chapter 2..that Black Wolf is one badass. I just love how it's in Germany XD and the live action is def a plus. Anyways i don't wanna spoil or be spoiled:), gonna continue!:9~

MdaG 01-30-2011 12:42 AM

Dead Space 2
Just like its' predecessor it beats Silent Hill & Resident Evil games hands down.
Fantastic game!

Fantasysci5 02-07-2011 01:20 AM

I'm playing "Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened", and just like the Jack the Ripper Holmes game, I have mixed feelings about this.

I love and obsess about Holmes, so being a adventure fan I feel I must play these. And I enjoy playing them, although I often miss the objects I need to be focusing on (and feeling guilty for using the hotspot finder). The atmosphere is nice, although they reuse the same few people and few paintings, which annoys me. The voice actors sound off, and I'm sorry, but Holmes would not care about getting warm in a pub. All he's after is the pieces to the puzzle. :P

But despite its faults, I still enjoy it a lot. Seeing the little details in the flat from the book, the pauses Holmes does that I can just picture he's think to himself, "You really are dumb". :P

thejobloshow 02-07-2011 05:58 AM

I finished The Secret of Mana on the SNES yesterday and have moved onto Dragon's Quest IX on the Nintendo DS.

Great game, The Secret of Mana, although you have to ween into it more than ChronoTrigger and get used to the choppy flow of the game that seems to throw boss fight after boss fight at you. It's an imaginative world though and it gets quite incredible as you go on. I had some glitchy issues here and there but other than that a classic action RPG.

Dragon's Quest IX is amazing so far - some of the interaction just puts a big smile on my face and it's a pretty risky theme woven into the game about religion. I know I'm going to love this game. I think Level-5 has to be one of my favourite all time developers up there with Capcom, Gremlin and LucasArts (the old LucasArts just like the old George Lucas).

Weare6 02-07-2011 07:37 PM

I'm currently playing
"Barrow Hill"
I have explored the service station and surrounding areas... fixed the com tower at the back... got stopped by one of those Stone guardians... Opened 2 rooms at the motel and got some shit... escaped the little protesters shack in the forest and have recharged the phone to call the Radio girl (now she's dead). Thats pretty much it so far. I thought it would be cheap and dull game but I am actually starting to enjoy it.

SamandMax 02-11-2011 11:01 AM

I'm playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth right now, a weird FPS/adventure hybrid from 2005 set in the Lovecraft universe. It's one of those games that's tough to judge because it does a lot of good things, you just have to wade through a lot of bad decisions and poor execution to get to them. When the game plays like an adventure, which it does mostly for the first half, it works and creates a vibe that's not unlike a horror-tinged Deus Ex. The town of Innsmouth acts like a hub and you get to wander around slowly getting more immersed in the story and atmosphere which makes the occasional stealth sequence that much more harrowing. Trouble comes at a certain point in the game when guns become involved and soon it just falls apart because of some really awful action sequences that are handled poorly and feel completely out of place in comparison to the first half. Combine that with countless bugs and glitches that sometimes make the game unplayable, a ridiculous save system and controller-throwing levels of frustration and you've got a weirdly unique game tarnished by sloppy design.

Weare6 02-13-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamandMax (Post 571878)
I'm playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth right now, a weird FPS/adventure hybrid from 2005 set in the Lovecraft universe. It's one of those games that's tough to judge because it does a lot of good things, you just have to wade through a lot of bad decisions and poor execution to get to them. When the game plays like an adventure, which it does mostly for the first half, it works and creates a vibe that's not unlike a horror-tinged Deus Ex. The town of Innsmouth acts like a hub and you get to wander around slowly getting more immersed in the story and atmosphere which makes the occasional stealth sequence that much more harrowing. Trouble comes at a certain point in the game when guns become involved and soon it just falls apart because of some really awful action sequences that are handled poorly and feel completely out of place in comparison to the first half. Combine that with countless bugs and glitches that sometimes make the game unplayable, a ridiculous save system and controller-throwing levels of frustration and you've got a weirdly unique game tarnished by sloppy design.

I remember playing this game years ago.... it was definitely a memorable experience.
It had some of the most shit scared, edge of your seat moments especially when
you have the whole town of Innsmouth out to kill you in the dead of night. Yeah it was a little glitchy in parts but overall a great game to play.

Fantasysci5 02-17-2011 11:06 AM

Am I the only on in the world who has ever played/loves "Rags to Riches", a game for the Commodore 64 where you play a bum on the street? I think I remember Stepurhan has played it. I just love this game so much; you try and work your way up in life-get a job, go to college, etc.

But yes, anyway, I'm playing "Rags to Riches" and loving every minute of the nastalgia...besides when I get out of work and randomly have a robber or IRS man come and take all my hard earned money. :/

Weare6 02-17-2011 03:25 PM

Does anyone remember a game called "How to be a complete bastard"
I think it was based loosely on Vivian's character from 'The Young Ones'
I recall it wasn't an adventure games as such but it was very funny to play.
The basic concept was simple... You turn up to a house party that your not
invited to and cause as much chaos as possible. I remember you could piss in
the punch, fart and clear rooms, set off fire alarms and just generally fuck shit up.
You could also which I thought was unique change the camera angle of the room so
it revealed more stuff you could do rather than having a fixed camera.
It was pretty cool game... has anyone played this also?

Fantasysci5 02-17-2011 04:10 PM

No, I haven't heard of it, but it kinda reminds me of "Ghost Master", with controlling ghosts and trying to clear out rooms. A very good game, and original.

Panthera 02-17-2011 04:24 PM

Ghost Master! Aaw, now I wanna play it again.
Wonder if I sold the game cd or not. I think it's available online somewhere though..

Fantasysci5 02-17-2011 07:48 PM

"Ghost Master" goes on ridiculous sales on Steam sometimes, once it was 65 cents! And yes, I loved the variety of ghosts and beings you could be.

What were your favorite ghosts/beings to use? I loved the dog...I felt so bad for him. I used the spider and storm witch a lot, because they easily scared people. One of the ghosts who had an "evil laugh" I really loved, too. Dang it, now *I* want to play it again! :P

Panthera 02-18-2011 06:40 AM

I can't remember, it is ages since I played it, I seem to remember the ship level crashing on me, and poltergeister to be fun.

Was there a crying lady ghost? Or am I confusing it with another game?

I had the poster on my wall a while too.. [ashamed]

Fantasysci5 02-18-2011 09:41 AM

Oh God, don't be ashamed! I think that's so cool, I wish *I* had a poster of it. :P The only thing I have game-related is a Russian poster version of "Barrow Hill", since I'm good friends with Emma.

Gonchi 02-18-2011 09:36 PM

I'm halfway through Archibald's campaign in Heroes of Might and Magic II.

Never played Ghost Master, but I did play and enjoy the similarly themed Genesis game Haunting. I'll give Ghost Master a try if I come across it cheap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthera (Post 572629)
I had the poster on my wall a while too.. [ashamed]

Why are you ashamed? I had the Prisoner of Ice poster on my wall some years ago.

Panthera 02-19-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonchi (Post 572696)
Why are you ashamed? I had the Prisoner of Ice poster on my wall some years ago.

I was actually ashamed over not remembering the ghost types, not over having a poster. I thought I should remember the ghost types since I had them right in front of me quite a while..

Yasdnil 02-28-2011 04:40 AM

I'm playing Zuma and am one level off the last stage. I can't for the life of me get to the final stage- aaarrrggghhh!! lol

Erwin_Br 03-01-2011 04:32 PM

I just started playing Dead Space 2. Just completed the first level. I like it a lot, so far! Much more varied (more action) than its predecessor, I can already tell.

Fantasysci5 03-06-2011 11:20 AM

I started playing the demo for "The Whispered World". For some reason, I must be the only person in the world that doesn't mind voices everyone else hates. I liked Nigel's in "The Lost Crown" and the voices in "Black Mirror"...and now I don't mind Sadwick's voice.

I wasn't really brought in by the story, but I did see that some of the game reminds me of "The Longest Journey", like the talking rocks=talking Stickman and dreams that may be visions. I may buy this game if it goes on sale somewhere, but I can definitely wait. :)

EDIT: Also played some of "Fable: Lost Chapters", and was disappointed that there was no dog lackey. :/ I had been misinformed. lol

Fantasysci5 03-09-2011 10:24 AM

I know I'm posting twice in a row, but I just have to rave how awesome 'Fable: Lost Chapters' is, and I'm soon going to try 'Morrowind'.

Intense Degree 03-09-2011 11:33 AM

I've become addicted to game dev story on Android.

It's a simple game development simulator but so much fun! I would definitely recommend it to anyone with even a passing interest in stratergy games.