You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #981
Evil Incarnate

Hm, playing Beneath a Steel Sky and A Mind Forever Voyaging at the moment. Somehow I never managed to finish Beneath a Steel Sky before, I just remember playing it as a kid, and getting pretty much nowhere (strange, really, since it isn't that hard, and I finished other adventures at that age that was much harder).

I'm also playing Anvil of Dawn, just started that one. Looks pretty spiffy.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:42 PM   #982
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Playing:

Kuon - PS2 - Playing the 'Yang' phase of the game.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:16 AM   #983
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

I'm playing Rogue Galaxy for the PS2 at the moment. Just finished chapter 5, about 10 hours.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:58 AM   #984
delusions of adequacy

Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

I had to start again becaues I didn't charge enough for my services the first time. I hope to find some way to farm rupees one day, I'm just not cut-throat enough but I'm sure the game will have changed me by the end.

The game is just chock full of awesome art and animation. It has a lot more personality than Phantom Hourglass (not that PH is a bad game).
Old 10-22-2007, 06:52 AM   #985
Lazy Bee

Playing Zork Grand Inquisitor. I'm inside a dragon's mouth trying to get out before he closes it. It's fun!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:07 AM   #986

Playing Broken Sword 4 and really liking it. Whoever does George's voice is really smooth and the control/movements are far friendlier than they were in BS 3.

Right now I'm stuck in the New York Bonds office. I did the PDA thing and the Manuscript Page stuff but somethings not working to get me out.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 10-22-2007, 07:45 AM   #987
Master of time and space

Psychonauts - Inside the mind of a fish...

Halo - Just went on board a Covenant ship using a gravity lift...
Old 10-22-2007, 07:58 AM   #988
Super Moderator

Phantom Hourglass - On a snowy island about to enter another temple. I was skeptical about how successfully the touch-screen controls would work, but I'm quite impressed. Only thing that I find tricky is rolling.

Halo 3 - Fearing the penultimate mission, co-op on legendary difficulty. It was bad enough doing it solo on normal difficulty. I foresee many deaths.

Eternal Sonata - Somewhere in chapter 4, about to leave Baroque City. I like how the combat system slowly evolves as you level up. For example, when you begin you can take as long as you like to think about what you're going to do, and the main turn timer will only decrease when you're performing an action or moving. With my current party level, I have a limited time to think, and then the turn timer just drains away if I stand still. There's a counter-attack button I'm not able to use yet too.

Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland - Just started the third continent. I admit to freely looking up the best values of rupees to spend and to ask for as rewards.

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer - Near the beginning of Act 2, trying to get used to the spirit energy mechanic. I had to spend some time tricking the system to get my energy high enough to be able to travel anywhere.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:03 PM   #989
|The|A7X|Angel|

Send a message via AIM to SynsAngel Send a message via MSN to SynsAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SynsAngel

Guitar Hero 2 - First level, Easy.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - End, Riku and Sora fight what's his name.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:21 PM   #990
Cheese Pants King

Played:

Maple Story - PC - Cutesy, yet addictive in a Diablo 2 kind of way. And... it's free. I really have no idea how far I am or if you can even beat the game.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:54 AM   #991
Adventure Game Researcher

Started Guild Wars Factions and Gothic III last week. Guild Wars is back in the box for good i think, the graphics are too substandard to make it worth my while to learn the technalities of the game. So many compromises graphically and just a base quality woirld, I am sad about this as there was a lot of hype for the series and I was hopeful. The newest release was unfortunately limited by requring a Level 20 previous character in one of the other games, which was a major marketing snafu, indeed a rip off deluxe i would say, as it makes you buy one of the earlier less advanced graphically versions, and I fear it will keep me out of the series. Ah well, there is good news to balance this off........

Gothic III is one of the best games i have looked at in a LONG time, it is a wonder and a delight. The game world is HUGE and beautifully detailed, in fact, i venture to say on a par with Oblivion and quite different in feeling. The many quests and main story line are well done indeed, all dialog is spoken out loud including the main character, a major flaw in OB....and I just love G III very much. I am taking time to work thru the first time so dont expect to get far fast, but am enjoying it very very much. JoWood did a remarkable job on it. The graphics decisions are excellent and beautifuly rendered. Will report more as i advance, one thing, if you play it, be sure NOT to liberate more than 2 towns to any one faction, or your will find your quests limited significiantly. It is good to get into the story too to learn the sublties. I made the mistake of siding against the Orcs from the start and am having to replay some of my progress, but it will keep the game open to the greatest degree. Word to the wise.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 10-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #992
Homer of Kittens

Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction: Just bought it and started it. One of the best looking games ever. Must earn more bolts

Orange Box: Replayed Half Life 2 to recall the story. Still one of my most favorite games of all time. Currently re-playing Half life 2 Episode 1.

Firefox rules
Old 10-27-2007, 11:50 AM   #993
Master of time and space

The Darkness
Spoiler:
Just came back from that extremely creepy WW2 place.

Best FPS I've played since the original Half-Life. It doesn't add anything to the genre, but it keeps me in front of the TV. I've been playing the game for around 8h today. My hands are starting to ache so now I need to take at least a 12h break or I might damage myself
Old 10-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #994
Freeware Co-ordinator

Nox - Another Charity shop bargain. On Level 9 of the Warrior campaign, the charmingly entitled Dismal Swamp. It's a very dark barrel of zombies.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 10-27-2007, 12:28 PM   #995
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian IV View Post
... indeed a rip off deluxe i would say, as it makes you buy one of the earlier less advanced graphically versions, and I fear it will keep me out of the series.
This is a fairly minor point, really, but all the Guild Wars packs use the same client, so the graphics should be the same for all of them (unless you're trying to say that the level design and whatnot is inferior in earlier packs, in which case I can't comment on that and will shut up ).

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #996
kamikaze hummingbirds

Still wading through Forbidden Siren, and I've VERY nearly finished.
Do I need to play through every single mission, or are some of them just there to provide unnecessary detail?
I'd like to buy the sequel, for I have enjoyed this one (after getting used to it) and I hear it fixes some of the problems of this first one (thank Gawdie)
Old 10-29-2007, 03:37 AM   #997
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Still plugging away at SafeCracker and Riven and trying hard not to use any hints at all on either....and just started playing World of Warcraft to see what the hype is all about...
Old 10-29-2007, 05:49 AM   #998

'Phoenix Wright: Justice For All' - End sequence, I actually got up to the start of the end credits when the DS battery went flat.

'Hotel Dusk' - The part where I have to get the memo out from under the filing cabinet. I'm trying to avoid looking up the walkthrough.

'The Longest Jouney' - I've just gotten up to the police station and an error message keeps popping up so gotta download the patch.

'Ninja Gaiden' - I keep stopping this game as it can get frustrating. Up to the bit where I have to shoot arrows to make a path while avoiding the swinging bommy-knocker thingies and make it to the end before the path disappears. Aaaaugh!

'Full Throttle' - Currently on the bike trying to find the entrance to the mine. Everybody's right about the combat being annoying.

'Marvel Alliance' - Up to the building that has the gold pillars and stuff.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:51 PM   #999
Cheese Pants King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Still wading through Forbidden Siren, and I've VERY nearly finished.
Do I need to play through every single mission, or are some of them just there to provide unnecessary detail?
I'd like to buy the sequel, for I have enjoyed this one (after getting used to it) and I hear it fixes some of the problems of this first one (thank Gawdie)
All I can say is that if you haven't found every archive item in the game... you'll never get the true ending.

And it's kinda ridiculous as some of the archive items are just silly things that you would never expect to look at or get.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:19 AM   #1000
Adventure Game Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
This is a fairly minor point, really, but all the Guild Wars packs use the same client, so the graphics should be the same for all of them (unless you're trying to say that the level design and whatnot is inferior in earlier packs, in which case I can't comment on that and will shut up ).
ya, i was referring to the level designs, i had some hopes that the newer releases had improved on the overall way the games feel, but dont' expect it enough to work a char all the way up to Level 20, ......thanks for that correction re the client. I had high hopes for these from the promo pics and the moovies.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs