Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

insane_cobra 04-13-2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bastich
That problem was really annoying on that gas trap with the "simon" lock thing. I pretty much had to randomly try keys on the keyboard until I translated it on paper.

Same thing here, it was bloody annoying. I played with a gamepad, but it was also erroneously remapped.

Quote:

Perhaps they unlock a special feature or something?
Don't know about those weapons, but maybe you can use them on your second playthrough? I know you get to unlock the weapons Samanosuke used in the first Onimusha game if you manage to collect the three elemental stones, or whatever those were. I don't plan on replaying the game, though.

Krazy 04-14-2006 07:57 AM

About 5 hours into Psychonauts, I just finished the Lungfishoplois level, man was that hilarious and awesome! :D

The Longest Journey. I'm talking with the merpeople and doing some odd puzzle.

Wimli 04-14-2006 01:00 PM

I'm playing Largo Winch: Empire under Threat. I just arrived back in New York after the part of the game set in Mexico. So far, great game! Good enough to, for now, put getting into Zork Grand Inquisitor on the backburner. :)

meeptastic 04-15-2006 11:42 PM

Still Life...i'm on the lock picking puzzle. Hope this game gets better...nothing really clever about it...just getting your person from point a to point b...to point c....not...much...else

Super Princess Peach....keep getting beat by Bowser

Zelda Wind Waker....i took a break and i don't recall where i am...pretty far along

Kingdom Hearts 1-just started, still on the island.

Reflection 04-16-2006 04:22 PM

Baten Kaitos - 30 minutes into the game. the battles are confusing.

Nintendogs - just named the dog.

Metroid Prime - Can't beat the second boss.

Paper Mario - 20 minutes into this.

insane_cobra 04-17-2006 03:49 AM

I'm at the beginning of year three of Grim Fandango. So far it's been... Well, can't say it's been great, but certainly well above average. It has a great script, great art direction and fantastic production values, but also one of the worst implementations of direct control, several show-stopping bugs and some puzzles that are too convoluted for their own good, with at least one relying on pure guesswork.
Spoiler:
Maybe I'm missing something, but how was I supposed to figure out I should show the VIP pass to Glottis? Did anything hint at it?

Crescent Moon 04-17-2006 10:26 AM

Tomb Raider: Legend - Just beat it last night. Enjoyed it quite a bit.

Suikoden V - 45 hours in, quit playing it temporarily to play Legend. Gonna go back to it now.

Animal Crossing: Wild World - Play it for 15 or 30 minutes a day, just to pick weeds, sell a few things and talk to the animals.

Dasilva 04-17-2006 11:18 AM

I gave up on my second run through Indiana Jones Infernal Machine, back to Tomb Raider Legend (5th time) :D

NcroManiac 04-17-2006 11:25 AM

Just opened up my imported copy of YS Complete, and fan patched them.
So far done with nr 1, just begun playing nr 2.
These realy are one of the most beutiful and fun action rpg's I've ever played.
More info on the series.

Jelena 04-17-2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeptastic
Still Life...i'm on the lock picking puzzle. Hope this game gets better...nothing really clever about it...just getting your person from point a to point b...to point c....not...much...else

Good luck with that puzzle. I worked on it a couple of days.:crazy:
Too bad you don´t like the game that much. I love the atmosphere, the characters and the puzzles!
And I just got inside the inner room at the Red Lantern.

insane_cobra 04-17-2006 02:18 PM

Finally finished Grim Fandango. After the somewhat tedious second year I thought I'd end up not liking it much, but I'm glad I was proven wrong. It's simply an amazing game and all the technical issues and annoying puzzles can easily be forgiven. One of the rare games deserving of 9/10.

Zack 04-18-2006 06:39 PM

I'm currently playing Star Wars: Republic Commando. I've been playing it for three days, and I've gotten to the first part of the 3rd mission, which takes place on Kashyyyk. But, I've gone back to try the other missions again before I start the new mission up. My overall impression of the game is that it is freaking awesome, and I'm having a lot of fun playing it.

MysterD 04-18-2006 07:37 PM

Some 58 hours or so into Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (PC).

insane_cobra 04-19-2006 08:47 AM

Been playing Enemy Territory on some sniper-only server for the last few hours. Needles to say, it's loads of fun.

Zanthia 04-19-2006 11:59 AM

playing cake mania :D at the circus bakery.

RLacey 04-19-2006 12:10 PM

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Done three cases.

Coop 04-19-2006 12:15 PM

Oblivion and Dreamfall(starting tomorrow!)

RLacey 04-19-2006 02:35 PM

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Just installing this one, having polished off CSI.

Karmillo 04-19-2006 05:08 PM

Ankh, third Chapter

The game is great so far but having such a big distance between 2 locations is starting to get quite bothersome

After that Ill be moving on to CSI3 as soon as I get that sound problem fixed