Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

Nelza 10-03-2007 07:15 AM

Up to the Samurai case in 'Phoenix Wright'. This game is as great as everyone on here said it was!

Kurufinwe 10-05-2007 12:37 AM

I bought (the French version of) Sinking Island yesterday and played it for an hour or so last night. I chickened out and chose to play without the time constraint. For the moment, it's fun, though I wish the introduction of the characters had been a bit more dynamic. As it is, they're doing stuff (like cooking breakfast) in various parts of the tower, waiting for you to question them; of course, it's probably more realistic than having them do something crazy on your first encounter, but it makes the beginning of the game a bit slow-paced, with long conversations (maybe it'd have been different if I had chosen to play against the clock, which probably wouldn't have allowed me to ask every question to every character). The graphics are gorgeous (in a depressing, gloomy sort of way), apart from the character models, who look sort of ugly and are horribly animated (esp. during the conversations).

The mystery feels mysterious enough for the moment. One of the suspects seems really suspicious at the beginning (has a motive, seen by a witness, left half a dozen clues at the scene of the crime...), which of course means she just can't be the murderer. :D For the record, here's my guess for the identity of the killer (I'm putting it between [SPOILER] tags, but it's just based on a random hunch after playing for an hour, not on facts from the game):

Spoiler:
I'm putting my money on the granddaughter, Sonia. I mean, she's beautiful, clever, somewhat flirtatious, doesn't really have a motive and was playing cards with three other people when the murder occurred: can you do any more suspicious than that? :D And if it's not Sonia, I'm still certain that it's got to be one of the card players. I've read enough Christie to know that killing somebody between two games is just the easiest thing in the world!

kuze 10-05-2007 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurufinwe (Post 442906)
The graphics are gorgeous (in a depressing, gloomy sort of way), apart from the character models, who look sort of ugly and are horribly animated (esp. during the conversations).

Surprise, surprise *sigh*. The rest sound promising, however.

MdaG 10-06-2007 07:55 AM

Metal Gear Solid 3
I'm around 2h into the game and so far so good. What I don't understand is, am I playing the same snake as in the first game!? If so, something isn't right here. This game takes place in the 60's, the first and second takes place somewhere around 2000 (right?). :crazy:

wildcat 10-06-2007 02:09 PM

You are not, the Snake in Metal Gear Solid 3 is actually Big Boss

Spoiler:
(MGS Snake's father)

Endosanity 10-07-2007 09:52 PM

Playing:

Kuon - PS2 - Switch the language to Japanese and it's like playing through an Asian horror movie. It's awesome, scarey, and even made me jump. A great looking game. Highly recommended. Currently flinging flames at ghost like creatures.

Barbarian83 10-08-2007 02:47 AM

I've started to play "Test Drive Unlimited" - funny racing game :D

SoccerDude28 10-10-2007 11:06 AM

Currently playing Jeanne D'Ark on the PSP. That's one great little game from the great folks at Level 5.

simpson_yellow 10-10-2007 12:55 PM

Portal. Just finished the main 'campaign'. About to start on the bonus maps. So much fun. I hope Valve release many, many expansions for this. :9~ :9~

VictimOfScience 10-11-2007 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 (Post 443615)
Currently playing Jeanne D'Ark on the PSP. That's one great little game from the great folks at Level 5.

That is what I am currently playing!! I just opened up the catacombs to get into Paris sneakily. The game RULES. I LOVE Level 5.

Kolzig 10-11-2007 11:17 AM

Weeeeeellll...

I'm still playing Stalker, or I was 5 months ago when I last played it, I think I'm somewhere that I've completed about 60% of the game.

Endosanity 10-11-2007 08:33 PM

Playing:

Kuon - PS2 - Just now reaching an underground cave under the manor. I want to know what the deal is with the creepy kids and the big boxes with corpses in them. Fantastic looking game for a PS2.

MadTricks 10-11-2007 08:50 PM

RunAway, Chapter4
Syberia, soon leaving first station.

Barbarian83 10-12-2007 01:04 AM

Still playing Test Drive Unlimited (nearly finished ^^) and just started with Command&Conquer (second GDI mission) :P

Intrepid Homoludens 10-12-2007 01:08 AM

http://orange.half-life2.com/images/...l_Screen04.jpg

Level 18 of 19.

Eregian 10-12-2007 07:36 AM

Starting in Ravenholm, featured in Half-life 2. It's been fantastic up until this point. Really, haven't been this impressed since... ever. And this for a 3 year old game. This game actually replenishes my hope for this expensive hobby of mine.

Other games:
- Metal Gear Solid Tactical Espionage Action - Meryl is about to shot down by Sniper Wolf.
- Lord of the Rings Online Schadows of Angmar - Trying to get a group together to finish some quests in the Fornost instance.

Jelena 10-12-2007 08:00 AM

Zork Grand Inquisitor
I've just arrived in Hades, still in the Underground underground.

I'm struggeling with this game. I love its humorous flirtation with adventure gamers and all the crazy things I encounter so I'm definitely enjoying myself. But I find it sooo hard at times. I've already had to resort to UHS hints to figure out what to do.

Monroeski 10-12-2007 02:33 PM

About 16 hours in to Persona 3. Excellent game so far, though it felt like it was a little slow to give you area of affect spells.

Lacrima 10-14-2007 12:05 PM

Somehow I think the powers that be don't want me to play Deus Ex: Invisible War. First, it took me an eternity to truly get to playing it, then, once I got used to the game (design), it developed the habit of simply... shutting off. No crash message, just a calm, casual "Nah, I'm taking a break now", and now, finally, Alex decided to skyrocket... through the ground. I just... fell down from Silas Archer's office floor, into the Cairo cityscape - and died.
The game truly only suffers from two things (except apparently hating me): First and foremost: Loading - every two seconds for two minutes, and secondly: Having Deus Ex as a predecessor.

To keep myself from getting too frustrated, I actually tried out Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, and I like/love it (love the setting and premise, like the gameplay minus scaring me to hell). It's just an extremely bad choice for getting un-frustrated. There's no way I could relax playing this game.

Christian IV 10-21-2007 12:18 AM

I have had some extra time due to medical stuff, and so have had a chance to catch up a bit, finsihed Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay, Developers Cut, remarkable game, quite an achievement in many ways and the easy and quality of the controls and the beauty of the graphic detail outweigh my sadness at once again having to batle through waves of aliens...but it is a good game. I also began Gothic III, and am really enjoying it, it is realy an adventure game, no matter what the other genres it may also occupy and the graphics are awesome ditto the story and voice acting is superior...i am really enjoying it a lot, just got to the desert part, and love the moonlight on the sands and the ruins. Also stared Guild Wars, Factions, but may not get far on it it is not promsing yet, as the graphics appear to be shortcut solutions, and not my cup of tea, and that means a lot to me. I am revisitng Call of Duty I, II and the expansion and will report more on them later...and also continue to work through Morrowind main quest and Oblivion tho i am still visiting the different regions in OB and loving them as much as always. I had soime fun for a while looking through Overlord, a new release and it has some nice qualities plus beautiful dreamy and funnily twisted dark story line, but just have not had the time to get past Heaven's Gate much. So it is a busy time and I am slowly catching up a bit. Happy late autumn to all. :)