Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

copycat 04-04-2006 04:18 AM

I restarted Syberia II yesterday. This time I'm planning to beat it. And I bought Shadow of the Colossus. The art direction of the box and the collector's cards alone are worth the purchase. This seems to be very good. I got Mega Man Powered Up for the PSP and played until the second final boss. Great remake.:)

trudysgarden 04-07-2006 06:19 AM

I'm about 20 hours into Fable. You're right, the game is fun, the save system stinks.

Ninth 04-07-2006 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
After Civ2 the series jumped the shark, if you ask me. I have Civ 3, and it's not as enjoyable as Civ 2 or Civ 1. (I want to build my palace! Or my throne room! Anything!)

Somebody told me that Civ 4 (I think it was Civ 4) is closer to the old concepts again. Would that be true, I ask of you? I don't know if I should buy it, or keep on searching for a cheap copy of Civ 2 Gold Edition (which I'm probably going to do anyway. Those fantasy scenarios were great fun.).

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I haven't played Civ 3, but Civ 4 seems very close to the original ones to me... except that it's more user friendly, more beautiful, and, dare I say, funner than Civ 2 (I'm still a sucker for Civ 1, though, because I'm not made to think in isometric :crazy: ).

copycat 04-07-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trudysgarden
I'm about 20 hours into Fable. You're right, the game is fun, the save system stinks.

I thought about picking this one up as soon as I finish the staple of game boxes laying around here.:D

Jelena 04-07-2006 12:38 PM

I playing Still Life now. I´ve just arrived at the junkyard and I´m figuring out how to avoid the guard.

(So far, everything works fine. The lock of the chest was just too difficult for me. The rest has been doable.)

Dasilva 04-08-2006 04:18 AM

Tomb Raider Legend PC - Just started.

RLacey 04-08-2006 03:02 PM

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
I'm a couple of hours in. I've therefore done next to nothing ;).

UPtimist 04-09-2006 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
I'm a couple of hours in. I've therefore done next to nothing ;).

Ditto.

What can I add?

Well OK, today I played a bit more. Went into another cave. Went through it, then came out (in a totally het-, OK, I won't get into that at all or it'll just get embarassing). Rather big cave though, with some kind of interesting backstory to it (though there were only a couple of short journal entries there, which weren't too understandable, or long...).

Now I'm wondering whether I screwed up in my character creation...

such great heights 04-09-2006 08:32 AM

I'm about 90% done with the Shadows of Amn part of Baldur's Gate II. I could be well into the expansion pack right now, but a stupid romance event won't trigger and...well...yes.

The Daemonica demo is downloading, I can't wait to start playng.

Crunchy in milk 04-09-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by such great heights
I'm about 90% done with the Shadows of Amn part of Baldur's Gate II. I could be well into the expansion pack right now, but a stupid romance event won't trigger and...well...yes.

Most of the bg2 romances can be easily fast fowarded via the console (there are numerous guides on the web on this topic). The only really difficult one is Jaheira's which comes with a couple of hoops that must be jumped through in a particular act or its screwed.

If you're just trying to cue the romance up in order to see the epilogue/events in TOB you can probably get by just changing the 'in love' variable and winding up SOA (that is, assuming you're not running one of the custom romance mods out there. I saw there's even one of those for Imoen - is that incest?)

such great heights 04-09-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
Most of the bg2 romances can be easily fast fowarded via the console (there are numerous guides on the web on this topic). The only really difficult one is Jaheira's which comes with a couple of hoops that must be jumped through in a particular act or its screwed.

If you're just trying to cue the romance up in order to see the epilogue/events in TOB you can probably get by just changing the 'in love' variable and winding up SOA (that is, assuming you're not running one of the custom romance mods out there. I saw there's even one of those for Imoen - is that incest?)

It's the Edwin romance mod, so things are a little different. There's a variable ("dekkieletter") that's not...well, happening, or showing up in Shadow Keeper. I'm waiting to hear from the devs. Ah, the things we do for love.

UPtimist 04-11-2006 11:31 AM

Just installed The Longest Journey, finally, and played through the prologue.

Which isn't too much of course... :P

Dasilva 04-11-2006 11:39 AM

My second run through Tomb Raider Legend 50% through.

Jelena 04-12-2006 08:56 AM

I´m stuck picking a lock in Still Life. No help wanted though. I just love puzzles like this!:D

Rayvielle 04-12-2006 03:16 PM

That lock picking puzzle?! Yeah, it was fun for a bit, but really ground on my conscience after a while, heh. One of those puzzles where you know exactly what to do but it just still manages to beat you into the ground...

Anyway.

I've started loads of games lately, but the ones I'm going to work to finish are...

Prince of Persia: Two Thrones (Xbox) - Love this so far! Great action, some sweet graphics, good dialogue, and seems a good throwback to SOT! Aside from a few glitches here and there, I highly recomend this! Combat system is quite different, and speed kills are fun, providing you time them right. :D.

Estimate I'm just over a 1/3 of the way through.

Rating so far ... 8 out of 10

F.E.A.R (PC) - Just got this yesterday. So far, It's quite good! If you're a Max Payne fan and you like FPS, you'll adore this! The Slow-mo really brings a smile to your face when in a gun fight! The storyline seems interesting too, and has me on the edge of my seat. Something really ominous is set to happen! Controls also feel quite different from other FPS games, that much more realistic. Decent A.I thus far! Sometimes you really have to play it cool otherwise you're gonna get burned. You get past that, this game gets good. :D

At the moment I'm Into the forth chapter of the first part.

Rating so far ... 8 out of 10

Runaway (PC) - Yeah, I finally decided to play this through after beating Still Life. So far, it's not bad. Dialogue is pretty :S in places and the voice acting to match. Puzzles been logical mostly thus far. You definately have to keep your eyes peeled for the tiniest detail. I was prepared for the pixel hunting, as I took a while to buy this, but you still need to really stay sharp.

I want to finish it, it's definately not the best adventure I've ever played and can't really be compared to any of Lucasarts previous offerings, but it's okay.

Right now, I'm into chapter 3, where I need to start putting the plan into action.

Rating so far - 7 out of 10

Playing off and on --

Lego Star Wars: hehe, this is a good laugh. Nothing too serious or too extreme, just easy going, plunges you in, and is definately designed for the Star Wars fan. Some very cute humor and some clever game additions.

I love the idea of co-op as well, that does help broaden the game IMO.

I just pick up and play, but right now I've completed all of Episode 1 and am going to start the second very shortly.

RAting so far... 7.5 out of 10

Bastich 04-12-2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra
I finished it recently. It's very enjoyable, but also very forgettable. Great fun while playing, though, and that's what counts.

It becomes quite a bit more difficult later on, so I'm afraid you'll have to start using your brain at some point. :)

With the exception of a couple slider puzzles, it didn't really require any thought and with the exception of some of the Dark Realm fights, it wasn't too hard on the action side either.

There WAS one part of the game where I was stuck for over an hour, but it turned out to be a bug in the game.

I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay though and even played partially through a 2nd time, but it has one of the most terrible stories I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing in a game. I literally almost fell out of my chair a couple times it was so bad.

Fortunately, story is pretty unimportant to me in an action game...

As of right now, I just started Crime Stories (still in the house), which probably has the worst translation of any game I've played and I'm only maybe a half hour into the game at most. A bad translation is still better than none though..

insane_cobra 04-12-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bastich
With the exception of a couple slider puzzles, it didn't really require any thought and with the exception of some of the Dark Realm fights, it wasn't too hard on the action side either.

I was so pissed off when the final boss batle came and all of my weapons got taken away (I'm not spoiler-tagging it as it's not really a spoiler, more of a warning for those who haven't played it yet). I've spent so much time maxing them out just so I could have it easier with the final boss. Luckily, I had enough healing items so I managed to beat him on my first go.

Did you manage to finish all the training rounds? Hats off to you if you did, some of the later criticals were way out of my league. Occasionally I'd manage to pull them off accidentally, but not consecutively, as the training required.

Dasilva 04-13-2006 05:18 AM

Indiana Jones And the Infernal Machine - 10%.

Bastich 04-13-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra
I was so pissed off when the final boss batle came and all of my weapons got taken away (I'm not spoiler-tagging it as it's not really a spoiler, more of a warning for those who haven't played it yet). I've spent so much time maxing them out just so I could have it easier with the final boss. Luckily, I had enough healing items so I managed to beat him on my first go.

Did you manage to finish all the training rounds? Hats off to you if you did, some of the later criticals were way out of my league. Occasionally I'd manage to pull them off accidentally, but not consecutively, as the training required.

No effort was put into converting the instructions to correspond to keyboard controls on the training scrolls so I didn't even bother with trying the training. As if I know what key on my keyboard is equivalent to a triangle or a square or whatever...

That problem was really annoying on that gas trap with the "simon" lock thing. I pretty much had to randomly try keys on the keyboard until I translated it on paper.

As for the final boss?

What is even worse about what you mention is if you bothered with the final Dark Realm fights which you could enter from right outside Honnoji Temple previous to the final battle. Your reward for completing them with each character is a "super" weapon (Bishamon Sword for Samanosuke and the Ultimate Whip for Jacques) which you get to use for all of 10 seconds in the pre-Onimusha transformation portion of the final boss battle as Samanosuke and equally as short with Jacques in his little fight with Nobunaga.

It was quite annoying after fighting my way through 20 levels of the Dark Realm with Jacques and probably 15 or so with Samanosuke. In fact, the Dark Realm was far harder than the final boss, actually requiring some strategy, while I pretty much just button-mashed all the way through the final battle while stopping to heal every now and then. I beat Nobunaga on my first try also.

I wasn't really unhappy, as the challenge of the Dark Realm was more satisfying than the final boss, but I had to question the point of it. Why even have those weapons if they can't really be used? Especially after so much effort to acquire them?

Perhaps they unlock a special feature or something?

NcroManiac 04-13-2006 09:27 PM

Just whent on a retro adventure spree and finished Blade Runner, Sanitarium and Day of the tentacle in 5 days time.
Thinking about loading up Toonstruck for the third go.