You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #741
Adventure Game Researcher

Just got Deus Ex and Deus Ex Invisible War, and Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness, am trying AOD to see what it is like as it is the last of the series before the fully realized 3D full graphics enhanced most modern duo of TR Legend and TR Anniversary. So far the controls for TR AOD are a bit awkward, but will see how it goes. Am running around the rooftops of Paril right now, graphics are actully pretty nice for the gen of the game.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 06-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #742
Homer of Kittens

Currently playing Command and Conquer 3 PC version. Almost finished the GDI campaign. I'm loving everything about this game, except for some major path finding problems, where my harvester goes to enemy territory for example when there is a close by tiberium field, or my units get stuck in a close space.

Firefox rules
Old 06-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #743
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endosanity View Post
If you don't switch to easy mode it gets pretty rough. Oh, and there is an exploit for that spider demon where you can build up a nice huge stash of red orbs for upgrades n' such.
Finally beat the spider and got the option to play on easy. Thing is now apart from that
Spoiler:
black knight
, it's too easy. Oh well, at least it's entertaining
Old 06-17-2007, 12:08 AM   #744
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Played:

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - PC - Currently in D-Day.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:54 PM   #745
gin soaked boy

I've beaten the first demon on the rooftop of my apartment building in Omikron.

So far I'm loving the game, but it's such a problematic piece of software. The controls don't work as they're supposed to on XP so I installed it on my Win98SE partition. It wasn't a perfect solution - after just a few minutes of playing the background music would cut off and the game would start stuttering like crazy. Of course, saving the game and restarting the application is not an option because of the stupid, stupid save system. So out of desperation I downloaded a no-CD crack, but it turns out it doesn't work, the game still requires a disc to run. However, the stuttering and sound problems seem to have vanished!

The fighting is very easy once you figure out it's better not to use any of those fancy combo moves - just punch the enemy as soon as it puts its guard down. Repeat a dozen times and you win. The FPS sections are still very awkward (the controls are way too sensitive), but they're manageable.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:54 AM   #746

I am playing Grim Fandango I am at the island on the edge of the world, I have never palyed this game before, it is fab I love it.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #747
Master of time and space

Gears of War: Hotseat with a friend at chapter 3 on hardcore (Why we're not allowed to run it in insane mode without finishing it first is an enigma).

Devil may cry 3: Mission 5. It's like an ugly cousin of God of War. Similar, but not quite the same and not as good. Controls are not as good as in God of War either. Well you have your setup of moves and they sure do cover everything you need except for the fact that they require a lot of practice before you get the hang of it. In God of War it was more intuitive. Instead of needing three buttons to side roll, God of War only requires ONE!

Final Fantasy X
: Just about to try on my first Blizt ball game. So far I'm not too impressed. Final Fantasy 7 & 8 were more fun. Maybe I just need to play some more... ?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:55 PM   #748
Cheese Pants King

Penumbra Overture: Ep. 1

Just killed two zombie wolves trying to hamper my exploring.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:03 AM   #749
delusions of adequacy

I just finished Trace Memory (aka Another Code), and have just started a game of Hotel Dusk Room 215. I love these split screen adventures.

I've been playing the USA version of Elite Beat Agents but I can't get past the Jamiroquai/Canned Heat level - I _swear_ the screen is out of sync with the music on this level as I've had no trouble at all getting up to that point. The 'Material Girl' level was awesome.

I've also got Puzzle Quest, Advance Wars Dual Strike and Magical Starsign on the go. I definitely prefer games that make good use of the pen/touch screen on the DS as I have a DS Lite and my hands, sadly are just too big to play platformer games like Castlevania, or Mario 64. I cannot touch the L and R keys at the same time making use of the d-pad and the xyab buttons.

As an xbox lover its also a mental chore using the xyab's as they're reversed from their layout on the xbox controller.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:11 AM   #750
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

For some reason I'm playing Myst III: Exile (Riven was having problems on my Vista installation). And I'm actually kind of enjoying it.

I'm also playing Tomb Raider: Legend. I'm at the point where you have to kill a monster in a lake by getting some cages to drop on him. The broken auto-lock system is making this needlessly challenging.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:06 AM   #751

I may be playing to many games at the same time:

On PC:
Starcraft: finished Zerg campaign (awesome as I remembered)
Baldur's Gate: Just returned home... Countless hours into this game...

On PS2:
Okami: 12hours into it
Dragon Quest VIII: 55hours... This game has no ending

On DS:
Phoenix Wright 2: last case (the best one without a doubt)
Final Fantasy V: Just started it, the job system looks really cool

On Wii
Zelda- Twilight Princess: Just passed the 3rd dungeon (the underwater one), the hype around it was worth so far
Mario Strikers: Playing online the few times I can connect... Also trying hard to win the last cup.

Maybe I should focus and actually finish a game sometime
Old 06-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #752
Homer of Kittens

Currently on level 17 of the GDI campaign in Command and Conquer 3. I just want the GDI campaign to end so I can move on to the Nod campaign. Don't know why there is so much emphasis on GDI in this iteration.

Firefox rules
Old 06-22-2007, 03:15 PM   #753
Lazy Bee

I've just started Journey to the Centre of the Earth. I'm only a couple of minutes into the game.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #754

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Nearing the end of Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus. I have been forced to replay most of it due to a bad walkthrough, very annoying. I just want to get it over with really, im only playing it for the story and it's definitely not my type of genré.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #755
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Currently working on the second Greece level in Tomb Raider: Anniversary. So far, a really solid and good game.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:22 AM   #756
Freeware Co-ordinator

Chapter 1 of Icewind Dale 2. The Orc Runner/Firestarter combination is kicking my butt at the moment. (The Orc runners drop explosive barrels near you which the firestarters set off with fire arrows. Going to have to get a bit more tactical with this ione)
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 06-23-2007, 11:10 PM   #757
Cheese Pants King

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
Chapter 1 of Icewind Dale 2. The Orc Runner/Firestarter combination is kicking my butt at the moment. (The Orc runners drop explosive barrels near you which the firestarters set off with fire arrows. Going to have to get a bit more tactical with this ione)
The Icewind Dale series is all about tactics sacrificing story for gameplay. But they are both great games none the less. I recommend adding mods to the game for better play value but that's not your style then it's cool. You'll be digging the Ice Palace when you get to it.

Played:

Penumbra Overture: Ep. 1 - PC - I really like this game. Aside from some quirks with the inventory system... I can't wait for Ep. 2
Old 06-23-2007, 11:18 PM   #758

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

I have started with Final Fantasy VIII now. I have problems understanding the Junction system. I can see that I can Junction alot of stuff back and forth, to gain magic, to improve stats etc, but I have no clue whats good and bad so far, and I still do not know why I cannot activate Quistis magic option.

-edit-

I have learned more how to use the Junction system now. It had quite a learning curve. It baffles me how much better FF8 looks in comparision to FF7. The story have not yet taken pace though and after 2 days of playing it still feels the story is just about to start. I have trouble finding a good F.A.Q. though. I have switched to other F.A.Q's four times now since I have discovered that I cannot trust them as they do not tell things in chronological order and miss out vital information all the time.

Last edited by JemyM; 06-25-2007 at 01:58 AM.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:25 PM   #759
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Now that I finally have some time to play games again, I'm going to play quite a few games.

Sam & Max Season 1
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Geometry Wars
Defcon
Live For Speed S2 0.5X

After I'm finished with those, there's Dreamfall, Mafia (2nd time to play that, Thief 3, Duke Nukem - Manhattan Project, Star Trek: Bridge Commander and Crashday next on my list.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:18 AM   #760
Lazy Bee

I'm playing Journey to the Centre of the Earth and I've just arrived to the city. So far I'm not impressed by this game. The story so far doesn't interest me (oops I fell into a volcano and I'd better find my way up) and the characters, particularely the protagonist Ariane are shallow personalities. The puzzles so far are either really easy or totally impossible.
Spoiler:
the door-puzzle right after the beach for instance

Hopefully all of this will improve the further into the game I get but somehow I doubt it....