You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 04:14 AM   #521

I haven't played anything for ages now, it seems. I'm spending my time at the moment turning the help files for AGS into a printed manual that I can refer to more easily. Can't do anything without a printed manual!
Old 02-25-2007, 10:07 AM   #522

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Psi Ops - The Mindgate Conspiracy
Im half way through chapter 3. I am really enjoying the game. It feels like a mix between Metal Gear Solid and Jedi Academy. I sneak around, throw large objects on guards or throw them around like dolls. Nice story too.

Titan Quest
Playing this in lan with my girlfriend. Just reached babylon.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
3,5 missions (then the game crash with an engine.dll error)
Old 02-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #523

I started playing The Black Mirror a few nights ago. It's really intriguing so far. I am still on Chapter 1.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #524
Vigilant

Jemy, you will have to tell me how Titan Quest goes for you as I am also thinking about playing that as well. The expansion that is to be released soon perked my interest and sounds like an entertaining experience.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #525

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentBlack View Post
Jemy, you will have to tell me how Titan Quest goes for you as I am also thinking about playing that as well. The expansion that is to be released soon perked my interest and sounds like an entertaining experience.
As a fan of good stories I believe Titan Quest is for the multiplayer experience only.
Kill, loot, kill, loot etc, you get stronger, you kill stronger monsters, quests are never exciting and always solved on the way (100% linear) as long as you explore all areas you can. No puzzles, no plottwists, barely even a plot at all. It's an actiongame and that's pretty much it. The only thing that change throughout the game is the character who gains xp. If that's your thing go ahead. I do not think I would play it if it wasnt to have something to do together with my girlfriend.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:22 PM   #526
Lazy Bee

I've just started Day 4 of Gabriel Knight Sins of the Father. I'm glad that Day 3 finally ended. I had some problems with it, especially the Fortune teller lady.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:24 AM   #527
delusions of adequacy

I just finished Anachronox. Wow.

Wow.

[unintersting Anachronox love-speel follows...]

Its definitely right up there with my other top two (Arcanum & Planescape) rpgs. It beats them both in many areas. If I could change one thing about the game it would be an even more helpful Fatima life cursor in relation to sidequests. If I could even just access her sendernet connection for hints about where the next weapon/power upgrade for the team members was...

So much of the game's content is search and find which is really 'old school' but a real time and ocassional fun-killer. For the first time in ages I had a pen and paper by the computer while playing a game.

I kind of regret playing it in very hard mode now, some of the battles where just really drawn out affairs. Instead of making the fights more interesting it just made some of the 'tougher' battles excrutiatingly long & dull. In two cases, I could not progress without twinking (using shadow bracers).

The rest of the game is a masterpiece. The story is a funny and smart affair, the characters somehow whacky and also serious. I'm playing it again, this time on normal, with the debug menu to switch characters to cut down on backtracking on Sender station station, and in smaller doses (its a hard game to stop playing).
Old 02-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #528
Vigilant

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear your comments on the game (you seemed to complete it fairly quick considering its length!)

The upgrades and masterskills are very challenging to find, especially all of them. I had to refer to a guide to find Pal and Paco's excellent weapons as they are both some of the most inconceivably ridiculous tasks in a game to date considering the bugs with the TACOS and all.

I would have warned you about the "very hard" bit seeing as though the battles are not worth putting much time into, but you had already started. Normal will allow you to take your time on the parts that are done specifically well, namely the level design and scripting (NPC or otherwise).

This time around I recommend choosing a different character to join you before going to Hephestus other than the required Boots and Democratus. In doing so you will actually be able to play different levels after the whole event on the Ricktus (comic book villian) ship. There is one completely unique level for each Pal, Stiletto, and the Doc.

I also recommend some of the sidequests which are very fun and involving. For example, finding the Red Bibis, solving the Tetra Drug mystery with Detective Ruhk, and joining the Resistance. There are plenty of others as well, but those are some of the more challenging yet rewarding tasks (although, if you really want to torture yourself you can try to obtain all of the TACOS if the quest isn't still glitchy).

The latest patch allows you to use a fast forward button for long walks or fast travelling which by default I think is the backslash key but can be changed. Also, the patch allows for the taxi cab use in and around the Bricks and some other Anachronox planet locations. If you want, you should try heading over to PlanetAnachronox.com and check out some of the threads there. I still moderate there occasionally but all in all that site is dead save a few vigilant individuals here and there. Enjoy the second time around!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #529
Master of time and space

Gears of War chapter 5 on hardcore. If it wasn't for the thin story I'd say this is the best action game I've played since Half-life. Too bad about the thin story...
Old 02-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #530
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear your comments on the game (you seemed to complete it fairly quick considering its length!)
I spoke to the glowing green guy in Sender Station.

I installed all the patches first thing but didn't actually read their release notes .

I think what impressed me most about the game was noticing so many themes in it that games released more recently have used, and realising Anachronox not only did them earlier, but better. Someone at Bioware must have played it certainly.

I used a guide to locate some of the more tricky Bipidri, its frustrating to hear them but not see them - especially the one on democratus that floats by the window - my graphics card seemed to have real trouble with transparent glass.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:05 AM   #531
Vigilant

The green glowing guy?! The one from the credits that they tell you to try to find? I thought that was a joke....maybe they put him in after the last patch.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #532
gin soaked boy

Finished the GDI campaign of Tiberian Sun. Boy, now that was long, long and boring. Initially I wanted to replay the whole game, but there's no way I'd make myself suffer through one whole more campaign.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #533
Wading down the amazon

Send a message via MSN to makini

Playing Runaway 2 and Sid Meyer's Pirates.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:54 AM   #534
Master of time and space

Gears of War - Currently facing RAAM on hardcore...

Dreamfall - Chapter four. I'm not sure how to grade this game. On one hand the story is really gripping, but on the other the game play feels empty and linear like I'm just watching a movie. The graphics is also a real disappointment, the XBOX version (playing through emulation on my 360) has some SERIOUS aliasing issues as well as low detail textures. All in all I'm enjoying myself.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:21 AM   #535
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
The green glowing guy?! The one from the credits that they tell you to try to find? I thought that was a joke.
It was

No they haven't added him. I didn't see any taxis either. They had little computer guides on Anachronox but they didn't instantly transport you between areas, just lead you if you got lost. Once you get off Anachronox the only time sink as far as travelling goes is when you want to switch party members and have to hoof it area by area back to sender station. Using the invoke 1:86 menu just adds the convenience of party management very similar to that featured in Kotor.

I tried playing through Icewind Dale 2 but its just as frustrating as IWD1. These are games for rules nuts who build twink characters where every single character is class focused to the extreme. Every fighter must be an ugly dumb @#$er to allow for maximum strength/dex/con, etc. A real pain. Balanced 'real' characters just will not survive. Very different to the Neverwinter Nights experience that practically enforces balanced characters (because the party size is so small).

I'm enjoying 007 Nightfire at the moment, but I've only just started. The cinematic feel is still new and exciting so I hope they keep it up.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:59 AM   #536
gin soaked boy

I started playing The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. So far it's been great, a lot of unpunishing stealth, some character interaction and a bit of brawling. I can't use fire weapons yet (they're DNA encoded), but I'm on my way to the Mainframe room to change that.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:02 AM   #537
Vigilant

Yeah, I thought so. I remember members of my forum searching high and low for that glowing guy...The newest patch does add a taxi at a few specific locations like right outside the first entrance to Rowdy's and another at the Anachronox Tours.

Funny, Insane Cobra, because I just finished Butcher's Bay just yesterday. It is the best first person shooter I have played in a few years. The story was riveting, not to mention the exciting ring brawls!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:18 AM   #538
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I'm 11 hours into Zelda Twilight Princess and man is this game superb! I just finished a cool battle with some strange demonic like pig on a long bridge.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-04-2007, 06:34 AM   #539
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

I'm about halfway through S&M: Abe Lincoln Must Die!, and to be honest, it's by far the funniest Season 1 episode yet, in my opinion. I really enjoyed Culture Shock. The next two were rather disappointing in terms of amusement, and the colors of the locations rather loud, so it's good that they've gotten back to the old S&M.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:54 AM   #540
Super Moderator

I'm replaying Broken Sword 3 and I'm in Prague. It was too late last night to get into sneaking around so I'll do it when I'm done working today.

I also have a load of unfinished games that I'm just not in the mood to sort through right now.