You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #441

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phankiejankie View Post
You mean the main quest only? Coz' if you finish the game 100% (all quests) in 2 days I will give you my collectors edition but I ain't paying no hospital to heal you up afterwards

170 hours of gameplay and rising, I am level 37 right now so no real challenge there but it's cool. I am finishing Daedric quests (5 remaining) and started the Fighters Guild quests which is the only guild I am no headmaster yet. I find the quests boring so far coz' I am more of the Dark Brootherhood/Thief type, go alone, sneak in, kill (optional) and leave without anyone taking notice…

I’ve regretted finishing the main quest because no more nice sigil stones for me now Unfortunately, the alter of enchanting produces less powerful weapons or armour. The only real challenge for me now is to come up with armour that is both nice to look at and powerful enough on the active effects level. I had a killer combination with 75% resist to magic and 100% fire resistance plus 50% damage and spell reflection but it looked like a damn carnival costume

I believe most of you are aware of the new Oblivion expansion "Shivering Isles" --> http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/elder...opten;_title;1
Im talking about main quest only. The sidequests give you 2-3 weeks. I finished all quests, with a 2nd character for the evil ones. The one in which you have to track down about a hundred plants was the nastiest one

Im probably going to play the official oblivion expansion together with the previous one, both at the same time.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:36 AM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
The one in which you have to track down about a hundred plants was the nastiest one
The nirnroot quests. I tried to cheat on these ones but it didn't work I put a nirnroot inside the enchanted chest (the one that multiplies ingredients) at arch mage quarters but no luck...

Games: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, World of Warcraft
Music: Laurent Garnier - Restrospective, Squarepusher - Hello Everything
Movies: Terry Gilliam - Tideland
Old 01-12-2007, 06:00 AM   #443

Lake Temple in Zelda: TTP...

...Why are the water temples so annoying in the Zelda games?!?

Last edited by Reflection; 01-15-2007 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:49 PM   #444
Kung Fu Code Poet

Still slashing away at Oblivion here.

Also have downloaded a new version of Battle for Wesnoth and its new single player campaign ... what a strangely addictive game that is. For anyone who doesn't think turn-based strategy is lame, I heartily recommend this free game.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:10 AM   #445

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Titan Quest
Still working on Titan Quest together with my girlfriend. We just reached Crete. She think it's fun and im happy we found a game both enjoy playing together. I do not really like theese kind of games in singleplayer (consider them boring) but when playing two or more they are fun.

Pathologic
The game looks like it's four-five years old, it do not support resolutions higher than 1280x1024, on my 4800+ 2x8800gtx SLI it runs surprisingly sloppy and it crashed when I tried to change keybindings so I had to edit my .cfg manually to control the game. Still, I am struggling to get it running to check it out.

Splinter Cell 4: Double Agent
This should be my next project really since I deeply loved the Splinter Cell series, but the messed up controls that are partially locked is a turnoff that made the box starting to collect dust on my shelf.

Avernum 2
I am not sure I will ever play this through since I considered the first "too long".

Space Rangers 2
Not really a game to be completed. Might stay on my harddrive for a long time to come.

Call of Juarez, Runaway 2, Sanitarium
Theese still do not work with 8800GTX despite the latest drivers.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:27 AM   #446

GTA Liberty City Stories update

64% completed

I´ve completed all available side missions, Unique Stunts and found all Hidden Packages in Portland/Staunton. Except for one HP, which only will be accessable after one of the last, or even the final storyline mission. I still have to find the Phobos to complete the Love Media Garage bonus mission.
Just started to play through the story missions on Staunton.

Well, it manages to keep me entertained
Old 01-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #447
Master of time and space

Oblivion: Finished fighters guild quest line, mages guild quest line and Dark brotherhood quest line. I'm currently trying to get allies to help in the battle of Bruma.

Rainbow six Vegas: Trying to rescue some reporter halfway through the game.

Perfect Dark Zero: Second mission getting caught on my recon run...
Old 01-15-2007, 12:01 PM   #448
gin soaked boy

Giants: Citizen Kabuto, I just met Kabuto for the first time. It's fine, although controls are not up to todays standards. MDK was better and more action-oriented, but Giants is more ambitious.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:22 AM   #449
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Oblivion is a game that keeps on giving...been playing that for weeks... Playing Wesnoth lately too-which is bad for one's blood pressure (lots of yelling at the screen and tearing of hair when your troops bomb out) also got a whole host of adventure games sitting in the other room (Tunguska, Last Express...etc) yet to play...
Old 01-23-2007, 02:22 AM   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkleCat View Post
Oblivion is a game that keeps on giving...
So true... I can't recall another game that deserves literally every penny I gave for it. Best value for money hands down.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:26 PM   #451

I'm currently playing Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. I've gotten to the level where you have to hide from little cave trolls in a cavern, while trying to figure out the right combination of runes in order to open a locked gate. I'm kind of nervous on trying this level because even though I love stealth games, I've already found out that if you get noticed in the games' stealth levels, you get instantly killed. But maybe, it won't be so hard. I'll continue on in the afternoon, tomorrow, because I'm off work Wednesday and Thursday.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:29 PM   #452

I played Dreamfall: The Longest Journey for four straight hours this afternoon, and I got all the way to chapter 8.

The sneaking level in the cavern wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, so I pressed on. Overall, it feels like I'm watching a very exciting movie, but you also get to play it.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #453
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Just hit level 6 in Oblivion, having a blast with it. My last quest was helping some kooky lady who wanted me to protect her pets...giant rats that lived in her basement. Now I'm closing up an Oblivion gate. Playing as an Imperial Bard, btw....all that charisma and speechcraft works wonders when I need to get a quest or two from an NPC.

Oh, and I asked this in another topic, I think, but I'll ask it here as well: Is there any particular advantage to letting your character get infected with vampirism? Should I avoid it? I have a shrine quest that will put me up against vamps, and was looking to get some opinions on being "vamped"...
Old 01-24-2007, 04:51 PM   #454
Super Moderator

I know I had seen an Oblivion vampire discussion here before. Look here. You may want to peek through the rest of the thread too.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #455
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

cool, thanks...I'll definitely check it out. (good thing I have several saves, lol)
Old 01-25-2007, 01:25 PM   #456
Lazy Bee

I'm at the very beginning of the final chapter in G.K The Beast Within. I have very mixed feelings about it. I can't wait to see the end of this great story and at the same time I don't want it to end. I've enjoyed every minute and the puzzles seem to be made just for me.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #457
Master of time and space

Still playing Oblivion (XBOX 360 version) here. It's really a great game, but certain issues which can be found in any Oblivion thread makes it fail to be as good as it could've been. I'm 76h into the game and I've finished the fighters, dark brotherhood and mages guild quest lines. I've just turned lvl 20 and gotten my hands on Goldbrand (this sword ROCKS!). Currently getting the third item for Marcus in the main quest. I think that when I finish the main quest and thieves guild quest line I'll put the game away. I'm starting to get bored with it now, still 76+h is really good
Old 01-25-2007, 02:30 PM   #458
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Decided against vampirism, at least for this character. Having a character who's excelled at speechcraft/personality traits, it seems like making him a vampire would defeat his main purpose. Maybe with my next character, though....
Old 01-25-2007, 08:40 PM   #459

I'm now at Chapter 11 on Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, and just two more Chapters to go. I've gotten to a puzzle in the game where Zoe has to figure out how to get into a building in Russia.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:36 AM   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSuitedLooney View Post
Decided against vampirism, at least for this character. Having a character who's excelled at speechcraft/personality traits, it seems like making him a vampire would defeat his main purpose. Maybe with my next character, though....
If you feed him regularly you won't have a problem and you get a charm spell too. But nevertheless if you have advanced in the Illusion School you can bypass any negative personality modifiers because you can cast a spell so that every body nearby love you to death