You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #281
An Omnian

TES:Oblivion blasting ev1 in sight with my Apotheosis =D
Old 08-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #282
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Sid Meier's Pirates!

I'm searching for my uncle. I only just started this for the second time (I never completed the main quest last time).

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:11 AM   #283
gin soaked boy

Poyo, an addictive arcade puzzler. It's quite hard at first as it requires a lot of precise jumping, but if you're into such old school stuff, you'll enjoy it. I'm done with the first world.

Also Rolling Madness 3D, a 3D remake of Marble Madness. Even harder than Poyo due to its amazingly short time limit. Level 4 is my cap at the moment.

Both are free so check them out.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:58 AM   #284
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
Poyo, an addictive arcade puzzler. It's quite hard at first as it requires a lot of precise jumping, but if you're into such old school stuff, you'll enjoy it. I'm done with the first world.
Cool! I'm stuck on level3 already.

Quote:
Also Rolling Madness 3D, a 3D remake of Marble Madness.
Spindizzy!!!!1

Warcraft 3 - Reign Of Chaos on Battle.net.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:08 AM   #285
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Just finished The Simpsons Hit n Run, with my nephews, on the Gamecube. Really funny game. We're trying to get further along in Lego Star Wars now, and I'm playing Wind Waker when the nephews aren't here. (their both under the age of 10...the concept of READING dialogue is somehow a foreign concept to them. I practically had to tie them down, so that we could watch the cutscenes in the Simpsons game. Attention spans of gnats, these kids.)

Started Fable, just got to the part where I hear a rumor that my sister may still be alive. So far, so good. My friend Ashley gave this game to me, because she felt it was tedious. I'm enjoying it so far.

Wanted to buy Oblivion, but:

a) not sure how it'll run on my PC;

b) I keep hearing about these add-on features you have to BUY online, which seems kinda pointless. Are these necessary features? If so, then why didn't they offer them as a downloadable patch? Eh, I don't know enough about it to really know if it's worth it or not.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:56 AM   #286

Send a message via MSN to I Love Cookiemonster

Just made my blond wig with Nico in Broken Sword - Sleeping Dragon.
Mission 10 from Starlancer, and i still want to play the shareware version since it's a prequal to the full version of the game.

I stopped playing Half-life 2 since i formated my harddisk, and i'm really not in the mood to play trough it again. I was in Nova Prospect, the part where you have to keep the combine of using the turrets. I just don't find it as good as the orginal. I really don't feel like playing it trough again.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:09 AM   #287
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
There are two REALLY hard levels near the end of the second world, the first one because you have no idea how to reach the exit and the second one because it's almost impossible to do it! And then comes the second boss which just keeps obliterating you. A simply brilliant chip tune during that battle, though.

I'm currently midway through the third world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSuitedLooney
Just finished The Simpsons Hit n Run, with my nephews, on the Gamecube. Really funny game.
I really loved the PC version of that one, but some driving missions would drive me completely crazy! Was it as hard for you or was I just lousy at it?

Quote:
I keep hearing about these add-on features you have to BUY online, which seems kinda pointless. Are these necessary features? If so, then why didn't they offer them as a downloadable patch? Eh, I don't know enough about it to really know if it's worth it or not.
You don't have to buy them, they're completely optional. Why do they charge for them? Because they want more of your money, of course! But fear not, if you get the PC version, you can download a shitload of free user-made mods instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Cookiemonster
I was in Nova Prospect, the part where you have to keep the combine of using the turrets. I just don't find it as good as the orginal. I really don't feel like playing it trough again.
Uh, you mean that part where you have three turrets and they're pouring in from four energy shield protected hallways? It was probably the hardest part of the game for me, but later on I read that there's an emergent way you can get past that section without fighting the Combine at all.

Anyway, I could send you my savegames if you'd like.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:26 PM   #288
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
I really loved the PC version of that one, but some driving missions would drive me completely crazy! Was it as hard for you or was I just lousy at it?

You don't have to buy them, they're completely optional. Why do they charge for them? Because they want more of your money, of course! But fear not, if you get the PC version, you can download a shitload of free user-made mods instead.

RE: Simpsons...Played it on GameCube, so I'm going to assume the crappy PC controls that usually go along with porting a game are the problem.

RE: Oblivion...now that I know they're not required, I just may run out to get the game. I'll have to run one of those "Will this game run on my PC?" programs first, though. Don't want to shell out the cash, then find out my system can't handle it...
Old 08-15-2006, 11:06 PM   #289
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSuitedLooney
RE: Simpsons...Played it on GameCube, so I'm going to assume the crappy PC controls that usually go along with porting a game are the problem.
Perhaps. I played it with a gamepad, though. A pretty crappy gamepad, but still... Oh well, never mind.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:03 AM   #290
Squeaky

Simpsons H&R was awesome! I was a bit disappointed when I realised the levels were being recycled though.

And thanks for the link to Rolling Madness, cobra. Great fun. Level 4 seems to be pretty much my limit too
Old 08-16-2006, 06:10 AM   #291
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson_yellow
And thanks for the link to Rolling Madness, cobra. Great fun. Level 4 seems to be pretty much my limit too
I reached the fifth, but the time ran out before I managed to figure out where to go and what to do.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:48 AM   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Damn me too...Seems a bit too difficult.

Lou Holtz
Old 08-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #293
gin soaked boy

Level three is fairly simple once you realize what you don't have to do.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:43 AM   #294
peb
Colossal

Just finished Lego Star Wars. I bought it for my nephew and we finished the main story together. But I went back by myself and filled all the Jedi meters and got all the canisters just because I'm an obsessive compulsive gamer.

I have Another World and Giants: Citizen Kabuto installed on my PC, but I can't seem to motivate myself to start playing them seriously. I've gotten a little bit into both but I've run into obstacles that I can't seem to get past.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #295

Chapter 5 of Dreamfall.

Zoe just woke up in The Fringe, after visiting Marcuria and all of that jazz.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:53 PM   #296
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Well well, I've been thinking about continuing to play Scrapland and Sudeki soon, both were forgotten a long time ago and I just haven't played either.

Though, Sudeki seems so boring that I might end up just uninstalling it.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #297
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

The Sims 1 and all the expansions along with it.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #298

Sid Meier's Pirates! I've had it nearly a year, but started playing only just now. Just a little more wealth and a relative to find, and I'll be done. Until the next game that is...
Old 08-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #299

I'm in the third part (The Two Thrones) of the Prince of Persia Trilogy, the prince is finally starting to understand how stupid he is
Old 08-28-2006, 05:13 PM   #300

Chap 5 in Dreamfall, w/ April watches the monster press the 3-button tone and then enters....

...but, I ain't got through it, quick enuff to enter and follow yet....

In due time, in due time...