You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2006, 02:16 AM   #261
delusions of adequacy

Just installed Dungeon Siege (1) again. I have tried to play it many times and always deleted it out of boredom. This time... I won't finish it either!

Instead I've also installed Lazarus the well reviewed, free Ultima V Dungeon Siege mod. Ultima V completely re-done!

Can't wait to Corp Por the bad guys and In Vas Mani what ails me. I haven't done so since Ultima Online years ago (not counting a recent attempt to run Ultima 8 via Pentagram).
Old 07-30-2006, 04:34 AM   #262
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Currently reviewing a NWN module for the NWVault Reviewers Guild.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:00 AM   #263
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I should really get the NWN collection, I love RPGs but I managed to avoid this one for some reason.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 07-30-2006, 10:14 AM   #264
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
I should really get the NWN collection, I love RPGs but I managed to avoid this one for some reason.
Isn't the sequal out in September or October?

Not much of a wait for more of the same with new graphics. NWN is only worth it for a few classy player made modules IMO. Even then only a minor few (Twilight and Midnight in particular). I see a lot of praise for the Aieland saga and The Tethyr series of modules but having played those I found them rather dull if not downright bad.

If you really must play everything Bioware and NWN is on that list, I believe there's a collectors edition of NWN2 in the works which is rumored will ship with NWN and its expansions anyway...
Old 07-30-2006, 10:51 AM   #265
capsized.

Yeah, I normally get sick of playing NWN after a while and need to quit for a couple of months. Also, the art direction is sort of depressing. I'm not talking about the limitations that came with the use of tile-sets per se, but the colours of.... everything!!! I'm really sick of the soundtrack, too by now. I'm eager to try out Multiplayer when I get my new connection on the next couple of days.

Finished the NOD campaign of Tiberian Sun... and, while rather fun at times, it felt just as mhkaaay as 7 years ago. Thinking about ordering War Craft 3 for cheap. I had it from a friend two years ago, but only got to the undead campaign. The missions and storytelling and units were rather cute ... Hm. Is it still being played over Battlenet?
Old 07-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #266
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Also, the art direction is sort of depressing. I'm not talking about the limitations that came with the use of tile-sets per se, but the colours of.... everything!!!
That's exactly why I never wanted to play it (and still don't), the screenshots looked so off-putting.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:11 AM   #267
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
Isn't the sequal out in September or October?

Not much of a wait for more of the same with new graphics. NWN is only worth it for a few classy player made modules IMO. Even then only a minor few (Twilight and Midnight in particular). I see a lot of praise for the Aieland saga and The Tethyr series of modules but having played those I found them rather dull if not downright bad.

Yes, it is. And we still don't know what exactly will be in the Limited Edition.

Anyway, I think you are talking about the Aielund Saga by Savant. (This advert has been brought to you by loyal Aielund fangirl Jazhara7, player of Shariveillin Seveen. ).

I can recommend some more. Penultima and Penulitma Re-Rolled, (Semi-parody, but with a good story) The Hex Coda (more serious, and interesting. Has custom soundtrack, too.), and Elegia Eternum and Excrutio Eternum by Stefan Gagne ("Twoflower") are all great fun to play, and are something different from what you usually find in modules.

City of Wonders is a beautiful module in an original world. This module is so beautiful, it made me cry like the ending of a great book would make me cry. It's hard to explain, you just have to play it. And be sure to also download the introduction and ending movies, or it won't make much sense.

Threat of Dreams and Threat of Dreams 2 are two wickedly dark modules. It looks as if the author is going to re-make them for NWN 2 though, and also make the final, third module for NWN 2.

If you don't mind slightly more adult topics (Serious ones. Handled very well in the module) Kunoichi and Kunoichi 2 are great. Please note that you have to play a Human Female in this module, or else it won't make sense.

That's all I can think of for now (i.e.: I'm too lazy to look up more of my favourites right now.)

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-31-2006, 06:12 AM   #268
Revolution obsessive

I finished achieving all the endings on “Shadow of Memories” last week.
This week I’ve started “Fahrenheit.” I’m up to the part in the mental asylum. Ugh and to think that I was content in the knowledge that I would not have to suffer through one of Carla’s “breathing exercises” again.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:35 AM   #269
delusions of adequacy

Default Dungeon Siege runs like a dog on macs, and Lazarus is even worse. I'll have to play it later, on PC. Really the only crime is DS for mac isn't able to run the mouse in a separate thread so it feels horridly sluggish even at 40 frames per second.

Trying out Homeworld 2 now. So far its sex for the eyes and ears, I hope its fun to play.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:06 AM   #270
Lazy Bee

Syberia
I just arrived in Barrockstadt.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:29 AM   #271
Squeaky

Trackmania Nations - about 200 gaming hours accumulated so far; starting to worry that I might be getting a little carried away....
Old 08-03-2006, 03:56 AM   #272
Grah! Grah!

Replaying Jazz Jackrabbit 2. So far (I'm towards the end of the second episode) the locales have been less captivating then I remembered. Only the Alice in Wonderland and Beach levels have impressed me all that much in atmosphere this time through. I'd forgotten how damn fast the game is too.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #273

huh, i have been away from AG for about 1.5-2 weeks and playing Heroes Of Might And magic V, i think it came up pretty good, after homm4 being complete bull***t. Its not better than homm3, but still cool. I like it. Multiplayer is good as well.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #274

Replaying Final Fantasy VI. (PSone Anthology version for the unlockables.) I'm currently collecting party members in the World of Ruin. (At Relm.)
Old 08-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #275
gin soaked boy

Half-Life 2: Episode One, it just crashed on me two times in a row. I'm impressed with the small increase in requirements, considering how much better the game looks. Unfortunately, seems like that small increase pushed my PC over the edge; Half-Life 2 played smoothly for the most part, this one chugs pretty often.

It's time to upgrade, but since I have a motherboard with Socket 478 and no PCI Express support, I'd be better off buying a completely new computer. The only problem is I can't afford that right now. Luckily, I have a sizeable stash of untouched older games, maybe now I'll finally force myself to play through all those adventures.

Other than that the game is great fun, though not as amazing as everyone says. For instance, some timed sequences that used to annoy the hell out of me in HL2 are back.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #276
Hitch-Hiker

King Kong for the Xbox 360, I'm alsmot half way.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #277
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Too many games to list. Most of my time at the moment is spent playing Serious Sam II, Project: Snowblind and a couple of other things while I summon up the courage (and the patience and correct temperament) to do the hotel escape in Call of Cthulhu. Currently I'm not optimistic about achieving that any time soon.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:13 AM   #278

Paper Mario: The Thousand-year door, facing the very last boss
Old 08-11-2006, 03:54 AM   #279
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
Half-Life 2: Episode One, it just crashed on me two times in a row. I'm impressed with the small increase in requirements, considering how much better the game looks. Unfortunately, seems like that small increase pushed my PC over the edge; Half-Life 2 played smoothly for the most part, this one chugs pretty often.
That's a bit unfortunate. I had the opposite experience. With HL2 set to reasonably high spec, my PC would chug pretty heavily whenever things got busy. With Episode One, on the other hand, I had HDR and AA turned on and it all ran smooth as butter. Well, except for the regular crashing (I had that problem too).
Old 08-12-2006, 02:56 PM   #280
Hitch-Hiker

I just Started Guild Wars. Fun so far.