Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

copycat 07-24-2006 01:06 AM

Currently replaying Monkey Island, I can't remember certain puzzles, which is cool, and Sam & Max.

I think I gave up on Quake 4, FPS are not my kind of games, my hand/eye coordination is disastrous.

And I'm too bad to beat the last Psychonauts level (the fairy market).

Jazhara7 07-24-2006 02:03 AM

Keepsake, right now trying to get to the Test of Wisdom.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

insane_cobra 07-26-2006 11:54 AM

I'm playing the first Halo (the PC version). What's with the repetitive level design? I've read all about it, but I didn't think it could be this awful! Thank god the gameplay is great, but it also becomes quite tiring at times (I'm currently cleaning up The Flood and it's the same floor after the same floor after the same floor after the same floor of the same old zombie shooting). It would've been a majestic five hour game.

Jelena 07-26-2006 12:12 PM

Just finished Grim Fandango, I was a little sad watching the end cut scene. That was truly an experience in its own league. :kiss:
Quite difficult at times, I had to consult friends and also the UHS hints. After having read the walkthrough thread I payed attention to my feelings as I read the hints. And yes, it felt like cheating ;) , although absolutely necessary. I still would have wandered around in year two if I hadn't done it and how fun would that be?

Now I've installed and played a couple of minutes of Syberia. I know I have high expectations and just hope the game will deliver.

Spiwak 07-26-2006 01:20 PM

Monkey Island II: LeChuck's Revenge

I just got to Part II excited about seeing Elaine again. She's not in the games enough :(

RLacey 07-26-2006 02:35 PM

James Bond 007: Nightfire

Activision had better make a good PC Bond game sharpish :shifty:.

bulldog 07-26-2006 05:47 PM

Not playing any particular game at the moment. I have been hunting around for independent games.

Spiwak 07-27-2006 10:38 AM

Beat Monkey Island II. Funny stuff, but the ending really seems to
Spoiler:
make rather obvious that little Guybrush or whatever the kid's name would be was letting his imagination get away at the Big Whoop Amusement Park.
I haven't played Escape from... but I have played Curse of... and as much as I would like to say that they should have kept Ron Gilbert to finish the series like he wanted to I sorta like the direction Curse was taking the series. But even so, as it is it doesn't even really make sense, the end of LeChuck's Revenge can't be ignored. The one thing I was a little disappointed with was the lack of Elaine, as I always found their romance so adorable but she never makes more than a few appearances and in this they just didn't even really get along or anything. So whatever. My favorite in the series (except Escape, of course, as I haven't played it) is Secret of Monkey Island. Curse was really good, too, actually. Meh, they're all great fun.

undeaf 07-27-2006 11:16 AM

Games i'm currently in the middle of:

Neverball: currently on medhi's level 16, so I'm done 65/75 levels
Enigma:
-enigma1: 96% done
-enigma2: 46%
-enigma3(newest level pack): 3%
-oxyds: 96%
-esprit: 96%
-sokoban: 93%
Lemmings 2: not sure, maybe 2/3 done, a screenshot would probably be the simplest way to show my progress in detail
Icewind dale, on hard difficulty with the hidden option that disables extra experience for different difficulty levels and with no fighters in my party: almost finished chapter 2

Cold-Factor 07-28-2006 10:38 AM

I've been playing Tony Hawk's Underground 2 recently, which I managed to acquire at a pretty low price. I recently finished the story mode, and now I'm looking to work my way through classic mode.

mouse on mars 07-28-2006 11:56 AM

I'm playing Command and Conquer Generals. I haven't really played it much although I have played the previous games. I had a lot of fun avoiding being annihilated by my friends in a lan game.:)

Dasilva 07-28-2006 03:24 PM

I gave up on farcry, now I plan to finish NOLF. :D

Cold-Factor 07-28-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva
I gave up on farcry, now I plan to finish NOLF. :D

LOL!!!:D I've been planning to finish NOLF since 2000. The last level I remember playing was the one where you have to infiltrate some company. It was a pure stealth level, where you would lose if you were even seen. After getting caught umpteen times, I just gave up.

[toj.cc]Phantom 07-28-2006 07:09 PM

Discworld 2 - Going after the Dribbly Candles. I already have the Glitter, Sticks and Mouse Blood.

I Love Cookiemonster 07-29-2006 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold-Factor
LOL!!!:D I've been planning to finish NOLF since 2000. The last level I remember playing was the one where you have to infiltrate some company. It was a pure stealth level, where you would lose if you were even seen. After getting caught umpteen times, I just gave up.

That lvl. isn't to bad. The whole game wasn't bad, exept for the bug which wouldn't let the anoying background music turned of.

Far Cry sucked ass though. I never finished the last 2 lvls.

Ohh and everybody here should try NOLF 2. That game is really really great!

Monroeski 07-29-2006 07:17 AM

About to blow up the warehouse in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Level 3 on P.N. 03.

Haven't played Titan Quest or F.E.A.R. since my last post, so I'm just a little further than I was then.

insane_cobra 07-29-2006 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monroeski
Level 3 on P.N. 03.

Is it as bad as they say or just unusual?

BenjaminBunny 07-29-2006 10:17 PM

Knights of the Old Republic - ending cut-scene.
The game keeps crashing right in the middle of the ending scene
Spoiler:
after I defeat Malak

sigh.

[toj.cc]Phantom 07-29-2006 10:54 PM

Finally going to finish Grim Fandango, I got this game when it first came out and haven't finished it yet. I just got the work form thingy from Glottis.

Hammerite 07-30-2006 01:04 AM

Hitman 2, on the last Indian mission.