You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2011, 07:26 AM   #2081

The Witcher 2 - 2nd playthrough form the perspective of Roche this time.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #2082
Stalker of Britain

Started playing through King's Bounty: Armored Princess, which I got on sale along with the first game again and Crossworlds for $8. I really loved the first game, but it's taking me a bit to like this game.

For some reason, I'm having a lot of trouble winning battles. The first game I played on normal, and this one as well, so I may have to be cheap and put it on easy. Second, the pet dragon is too cute. I like cute, I'm all for cute. The thorns in the first game that scratched behind its ears like a dog, loved it. But I don't like the pet dragon. He's too cute, with the animations of the tree and sleeping, and it feels like something from a kid's game. I haven't gotten very far in it yet, but right now I'm not thrilled.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #2083
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Started playing through King's Bounty: Armored Princess [...] I don't like the pet dragon. He's too cute, with the animations of the tree and sleeping, and it feels like something from a kid's game. I haven't gotten very far in it yet, but right now I'm not thrilled.
I think the different types have slightly different mannerisms, but I could be wrong. They don't really grow much physically through the game but they do get more aggressive powers. It is an overdose of cute though. I came around eventually.

Also, this one has flying horses... so yeah.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #2084
Stalker of Britain

Ugh, flying horses. I know it's fantasy, but I like my fantasy to make since and be 'realistic' in the context...this, no.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #2085

Ha, you're one of the very few people I've seen on the net that dislikes Grim Fandango. I know, different opinions and all, but it saddens me for some reason. I thought GF had the power to charm anyone.

But anyway, King's Bounty is great. And the expansion you're playing is also very long, though after a while it does fall into predictable routine.

I've just completed The Whispered World, and I'm still playing Portal 2 and the latest Mortal Kombat. The latter is the best fighting game in years.

Last edited by Axelfish; 06-09-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #2086
Stalker of Britain

Axelfish-Who me? Yeah, I heard about how awesome the storyline for "Grim Fandango" was, and I really wanted to like it. But the first few puzzles seemed ridiculously random to me, and the conversations were too funny for my tastes. I also dislike Syberia, which is another fan-favorite. But I like games that others don't, like "The Longest Journey" or "The Lost Crown" especially. <3

Yeah, Kings Bounty is predictable, but I don't mind. I just have this thing that if I'm out of troops of a specific type I like, I try not to loose any, which sees me redoing battles a lot, and never getting hardly anywhere.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #2087

I got Alice:Madness Returns and Dead Space 2. So far I've only just started Alice and it seems really cool. I was quite a big fan of the original upon release, and looks like this sequel won't disappoint.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #2088
Stalker of Britain

I have so much trouble with departing storylines and moral choices. You know how in "The Longest Journey" you could either go to work or watch a movie, but it basically doesn't matter? I still fret over it, and go back to a save game and run both scenerios. And in the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books, I always kept a finger on the page and flipped to both choices to see what would be better.

So I'm playing "Kings Bounty: Armored Princess" and enjoying it. But I want a new companion, but I jsut can't seem to kick out my old companion because he's in love with me and so sweet, even though the other companion would work better with my troops. And these trees want me to kill this guy, but I like the guy, he's trying to be better!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #2089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfish View Post
I got Alice:Madness Returns and Dead Space 2. So far I've only just started Alice and it seems really cool. I was quite a big fan of the original upon release, and looks like this sequel won't disappoint.
Yes I too have been playing Alice: Madness Returns and it takes me back to the original. It's great all the dynamics feel the same but with much better visuals and design. Playing Dead Space 2 also... awesome.

Games I'm currently playing:
Whispered World
L.A Noire
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Alice: Madness Returns
Dead Space 2
Crysis 2
Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #2090
Stalker of Britain

That's a lot of games you're balancing right there. I can only do two or three at a time, if they are of different genres, lower if the same.

I'm still enjoying my "Kings Bounty: Armored Princess" playthrough, but I'm also wanting to start either "The Last Express" or "The Witcher".
Old 06-24-2011, 03:48 AM   #2091
The Quiet One

I'm still taking it slow in San Andreas and have about 73% completed; nearly 3 quarters finished! I'm currently finishing off all the side missions in Las Venturas before I return to the main story. I've completed the two stadium events there and next I'll be tackling the Burger Shot Courier mission.

I'm on chapter 2 in Call of Cthulhu and I'm stuck in the basement of the Methodist church.

As for Alice, I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-24-2011, 05:39 AM   #2092
delusions of adequacy

Playing War Pinball HD and Slayer Pinball Rocks HD, as well as Perfect Cell.

The first two are easily the best pinball tables on iOS. WPHD is pure gold but Slayer Pinball was only just released and has a few bugs/issues. Between the two, unless you're a giant Slayer fan, get War Pinball. It has three tables rather than just the one. Tables based on the movies Platoon, Navy Seals and Missing in Action.

That's three tables chock full of voice clips, and MIA even has a giant bust of Chuck Norris with a machine gun that fires...

You can just make out the bust in this pic, below the scoreboard.

Perfect Cell is not a pinball game. Its a great touch only controlled game that blends the X-files with gameplay akin to the wonderful Nintendo DS title Soul Bubbles.

I have a somewhat stalled game of Divine Divinity going, and I'm stalled right where I always get stalled, in the farmlands. Its the game's first low point after the hair pullingly hard but fun first dungeon. I really want to finish the game a second time but I've only managed it once, years ago.

Last edited by Crunchy in milk; 06-24-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #2093

I have one thing to say...The Legend Of Zelda:Ocarina Of Time 3D
Old 06-30-2011, 06:39 AM   #2094

Well, I WAS on chapter 5 of King's Quest 7, right where you pick up a fire cracker. However, I had to start the game over because it saved it right before she blew up, and when I click on retry, it just killed me immediately. I tried playing it on the XP collection. So I thought the mistake was mine in that I hadn't had the game on pause or something. The game has only one save slot per "name," so I can't go back to an earlier point in the game.

So I started the whole thing over....but this time I decided to play it on the older collection that I had, remembering that it had some sort of bookmark feature, which I thought might protect me against this kind of thing...but the exact same thing happened As soon as I got the fire cracker, the character exploded. This time I knew that it wasn't my fault.

Therefore, I decided to look up the error...and I came across this site. I was able to install the stuff on my XP part of the computer (this is a Macbook), but now I have to start all over AGAIN because it reinstalled the games, deleting my save slot.

So....I guess you could say I'm at the beginning of KQ7.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #2095

Playing Portal 2, very fun game and just a couple of chapters in. Great puzzle design and funny dialog so enjoying it so far.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #2096

Yea, Wheatley is a riot. Excellently acted.
Wait till you get to the talking turrets; hilarious.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:02 AM   #2097
Senior Automaton

About halfway through Dungeon Siege 3. By the reputation it has you would expect it to be a boring and technically poor dungeon crawler. It's actually pretty fun and addictive so I really don't know what the reviews are talking about.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #2098

Half way through Whispered World.
Still playing Black Mirror 2.
just finish MOH (latest game).
About 67% through Arkham Asylum.
Started playing the new Wolfenstien Game again.
Not enough time in my day damn it.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #2099
Stalker of Britain

Playing "Grand Theft Auto 4" for the first time. I love it. I'm not used to playing on the console, so trying to steer on a controller with a cast on one hand is a bit tricky, but I'm enjoying it. The action sequences are a little too hard for me, who isn't used to it, but I love shopping and dating and driving. Bowling and other "activities" are fun, but there's a LOT of talking in this game!

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 07-14-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #2100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Playing "Grand Theft Auto 4" for the first time. I love it. I'm not used to playing on the console, so trying to steer on a controller with a cast on one hand is a bit tricky, but I'm enjoying it. The action sequences are a little too hard for me, who isn't used to it, but I love shopping and dating and driving. Bowling and other "activities" are fun, but there's a LOT of talking in this game!
I´m replaying it at the moment, but only the required missions before I´ll start the two
"Episodes from Liberty City" for the first time.

I´ve already completed it 100% couple of years ago (was it 2008 ?, dunno)
and certainly won´t hunt down all the pigeons again
Memento Mori/Heavy Rain-Taxidermist
Replay: ---
Favorite Adventure: Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars
waiting to be played: Sanitarium, Perry Rhodan, Tex Murphy FMV Series