Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

Balderduck 03-09-2011 11:44 AM

I just recently bought I used DS and played through Ghost trick! Fantastic game! Now I'm going to continue with the Ace Attorney games!

As for my PC gaming I just started Dragon Age 2

Red_Lizard2 03-10-2011 03:13 AM

Just bought and started playing Sinking Island. Loving the game so far, current just finishing the 2nd "piece" of the puzzle

J-Boo 03-11-2011 11:36 AM

Just finished "Gray Matter", and am now playing "Dragon Age 2". I LOVED the first one. I am really enjoying this one too, but am a bit worried that it's going to be too short - I realize it's too early to tell, but I it looks like I am most of the way through Act I, and there are a total of three acts. And I've only had the game since Tuesday! Maybe I'm worrying myself over nothing and there is more of the game than I fear - we'll see.

amyloum 03-11-2011 02:32 PM

just bought Cursed Mountain and Started to play it and it's good so far.

Fantasysci5 03-13-2011 01:55 AM

I started playing "Morrowind", and was disappointed that it's no "Fable". I didn't know how to use my lockpicker, I'd like to see my character walking around instead of in 1st person, and the sheer amount of lore and history they threw at me at the beginning overwhelmed me. Don't get me wrong-I usually like a game with lots of detailed history for everything, but learning it all at once is a bit daunting.

I'm not giving up on it, but it's nowhere near "Fable".

Panthera 03-27-2011 10:08 AM

I'm playing Pokemon White, now on my new 3DS, just about to face the 7th trainer
&
The Sims Medieval on the pc, currently on my fourth hero.

Jelena 03-27-2011 11:24 AM

I'm currently playing Gray Matter and I'm still in chapter one, towards the end of it. So far the puzzles have been easy, I hope there will be more challenge further on in the game. The environment is great. Big old, English houses always intrigue me. I'm slowly getting into the story, but can't say mush about it yet. The music is lovely, especially the theme that's played in the beginning while staring the game.

SamuelGordon 03-27-2011 12:41 PM

I'm playing Planescape Torment (wohoo!) and i'm being held hostage by undead creatures! They want me to worship the "Silent King"....never!!Xd

orient 03-28-2011 02:11 AM

I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Origins and I'm about 30 hours in. I love the epic fantasy story, but I've been playing it on easy for awhile now, not only because it's hard, but because dungeons are massive and take so long to complete on normal. I don't want to be playing for another 30 hours just to get to the end. I do enjoy the combat, though.

laffer 03-29-2011 06:56 PM

Just started playing Syberia yesterday... so far I've only installed the game and played through the very beginning of the game... so I haven't had time to really form an opinion on the game yet.

However, I do enjoy the rather odd setting of the game, what with all these automatons (or whatever they're called, the robots! :p).

I really hope the game will be good and not another seemingly interesting concept wasted on a mediocre game... only time will tell, going to play it more seriously tomorrow.

Fantasysci5 04-12-2011 03:03 PM

"King's Bounty: The Legend". Awesome, awesome game. Bought it on the latest sale on GOG, and absolutely love it. It took some getting used to-in RPGs, I wasn't used to loosing troops, and if I lost even one, I would reload so I wouldn't loose any soldiers. *blush* I'm used to one graphics representation for 1 solider, so the idea of having one graphical representation being 100 of the same kind of troops was interesting.

I did have to get used to a lot of things in this game. Loosing so many troops, running into people much stronger than me and having to come back to them later. Also, there's lots of places to go, and lots of guests. Which is good, but I have about 2 dozen quests I haven't finished yet, because to continue would lead me against much stronger enemies, so I forget a lot of the quests I need to do.

But, I absolutely love this game. I freakin' love some of the soldier types, like the cute dog-like plant that scratches its ear. The characters are also really awesome.

Crunchy in milk 04-18-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 577838)
"King's Bounty: The Legend". Awesome, awesome game. Bought it on the latest sale on GOG, and absolutely love it.

You'd probably enjoy armoured princess even more, which has the princess from the first as the protagonist and she has an evolving pet dragon.

I love King's Bounty because its like a wonderfully animated board game.

Gamersgate regularly puts the series on sale.

terhardp 04-18-2011 11:54 PM

Black Mirror III

Currently, I'm at the end of the third chapter. So far, I'm enjoying the captivating story and story development, but especially the atmosphere, which is almost equal to the one I remember from the original game.

D.C. 04-19-2011 12:10 AM

Just started Portal 2, the first scene made me laugh like a crazed fool -- a good indication that I'll like the game. ;) The warped humour seems to be back. :D

Pallav Nawani 04-19-2011 01:11 AM

Magicka and Dragon Age: Origins. I am about 70% through with Dragon Age, I don't have any idea how long magicka is.

Of the two, Magicka is hands down a better game.

Dale Baldwin 04-19-2011 02:37 AM

Mmm Portal 2! Just reached Chapter 6 and it's already turning... interesting.

Fantasysci5 04-19-2011 10:21 AM

Crunchy-Oooh, a pet dragon! :P I really love this game, but I'm a little tired/frustrated at it right now, since there's so many quests, and so many enemies too strong for me. :P But I really do love it, and thanks for the recommendation! :D

Weare6 04-20-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin (Post 578472)
Mmm Portal 2! Just reached Chapter 6 and it's already turning... interesting.

Yeah I too am playing Portal 2. Loving it... only up to Chapter 3 though.
The co-op is lots of fun!
Also playing Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, COD Black-ops
and Fall 3 vegas (ongoing for a while now he he)

But for adventures -
Whispered World
New Remastered Broken Sword 1
Black Mirror 2
Tales of Monkey Island.

terhardp 04-21-2011 10:28 PM

I've started playing Portal 2 and the Next BIG Thing (I hope I spelled it right). ;)

With Portal 2, I've only reached the part where "she" is reentering the game. So far, I didn't see many novelties, but things are looking very promising. What suprised me the most (so far) is even wittier and darker humor, that for some strange reason, fits these games like a glove.

Next BIG Thing looks very similar to my beloved Runaway series, not only with its eye-candy retro graphic but also with the characters, humor, dialogs... And it seems, that I will even grow to like creatures (at least, in this game).

kerlif 04-22-2011 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terhardp (Post 578464)
Black Mirror III

Currently, I'm at the end of the third chapter. So far, I'm enjoying the captivating story and story development, but especially the atmosphere, which is almost equal to the one I remember from the original game.

I'm playing BM3 too and i began chapter III yesterday. I agree with you, the atmosphere is great quite sinister and haunting, but darren/adrien, well i can't seem to like him. He lacks spirit and depth, he's just not "dark" enough. And for all the samuels voice haters, listen to darren. If i close my eyes i almost feel i'm watching a sunday afternoon teen movie. I do miss Samuel.