You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Game you're playing. How far you are.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #2021
Master of time and space

Dead Space 2
Just like its' predecessor it beats Silent Hill & Resident Evil games hands down.
Fantastic game!
Old 02-07-2011, 01:20 AM   #2022
Stalker of Britain

I'm playing "Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened", and just like the Jack the Ripper Holmes game, I have mixed feelings about this.

I love and obsess about Holmes, so being a adventure fan I feel I must play these. And I enjoy playing them, although I often miss the objects I need to be focusing on (and feeling guilty for using the hotspot finder). The atmosphere is nice, although they reuse the same few people and few paintings, which annoys me. The voice actors sound off, and I'm sorry, but Holmes would not care about getting warm in a pub. All he's after is the pieces to the puzzle.

But despite its faults, I still enjoy it a lot. Seeing the little details in the flat from the book, the pauses Holmes does that I can just picture he's think to himself, "You really are dumb".
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #2023

I finished The Secret of Mana on the SNES yesterday and have moved onto Dragon's Quest IX on the Nintendo DS.

Great game, The Secret of Mana, although you have to ween into it more than ChronoTrigger and get used to the choppy flow of the game that seems to throw boss fight after boss fight at you. It's an imaginative world though and it gets quite incredible as you go on. I had some glitchy issues here and there but other than that a classic action RPG.

Dragon's Quest IX is amazing so far - some of the interaction just puts a big smile on my face and it's a pretty risky theme woven into the game about religion. I know I'm going to love this game. I think Level-5 has to be one of my favourite all time developers up there with Capcom, Gremlin and LucasArts (the old LucasArts just like the old George Lucas).
Old 02-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #2024

I'm currently playing
"Barrow Hill"
I have explored the service station and surrounding areas... fixed the com tower at the back... got stopped by one of those Stone guardians... Opened 2 rooms at the motel and got some shit... escaped the little protesters shack in the forest and have recharged the phone to call the Radio girl (now she's dead). Thats pretty much it so far. I thought it would be cheap and dull game but I am actually starting to enjoy it.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #2025
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

I'm playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth right now, a weird FPS/adventure hybrid from 2005 set in the Lovecraft universe. It's one of those games that's tough to judge because it does a lot of good things, you just have to wade through a lot of bad decisions and poor execution to get to them. When the game plays like an adventure, which it does mostly for the first half, it works and creates a vibe that's not unlike a horror-tinged Deus Ex. The town of Innsmouth acts like a hub and you get to wander around slowly getting more immersed in the story and atmosphere which makes the occasional stealth sequence that much more harrowing. Trouble comes at a certain point in the game when guns become involved and soon it just falls apart because of some really awful action sequences that are handled poorly and feel completely out of place in comparison to the first half. Combine that with countless bugs and glitches that sometimes make the game unplayable, a ridiculous save system and controller-throwing levels of frustration and you've got a weirdly unique game tarnished by sloppy design.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 02-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #2026

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax View Post
I'm playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth right now, a weird FPS/adventure hybrid from 2005 set in the Lovecraft universe. It's one of those games that's tough to judge because it does a lot of good things, you just have to wade through a lot of bad decisions and poor execution to get to them. When the game plays like an adventure, which it does mostly for the first half, it works and creates a vibe that's not unlike a horror-tinged Deus Ex. The town of Innsmouth acts like a hub and you get to wander around slowly getting more immersed in the story and atmosphere which makes the occasional stealth sequence that much more harrowing. Trouble comes at a certain point in the game when guns become involved and soon it just falls apart because of some really awful action sequences that are handled poorly and feel completely out of place in comparison to the first half. Combine that with countless bugs and glitches that sometimes make the game unplayable, a ridiculous save system and controller-throwing levels of frustration and you've got a weirdly unique game tarnished by sloppy design.
I remember playing this game years ago.... it was definitely a memorable experience.
It had some of the most shit scared, edge of your seat moments especially when
you have the whole town of Innsmouth out to kill you in the dead of night. Yeah it was a little glitchy in parts but overall a great game to play.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #2027
Stalker of Britain

Am I the only on in the world who has ever played/loves "Rags to Riches", a game for the Commodore 64 where you play a bum on the street? I think I remember Stepurhan has played it. I just love this game so much; you try and work your way up in life-get a job, go to college, etc.

But yes, anyway, I'm playing "Rags to Riches" and loving every minute of the nastalgia...besides when I get out of work and randomly have a robber or IRS man come and take all my hard earned money. :/
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #2028

Does anyone remember a game called "How to be a complete bastard"
I think it was based loosely on Vivian's character from 'The Young Ones'
I recall it wasn't an adventure games as such but it was very funny to play.
The basic concept was simple... You turn up to a house party that your not
invited to and cause as much chaos as possible. I remember you could piss in
the punch, fart and clear rooms, set off fire alarms and just generally fuck shit up.
You could also which I thought was unique change the camera angle of the room so
it revealed more stuff you could do rather than having a fixed camera.
It was pretty cool game... has anyone played this also?
Old 02-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #2029
Stalker of Britain

No, I haven't heard of it, but it kinda reminds me of "Ghost Master", with controlling ghosts and trying to clear out rooms. A very good game, and original.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #2030
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Ghost Master! Aaw, now I wanna play it again.
Wonder if I sold the game cd or not. I think it's available online somewhere though..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 02-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #2031
Stalker of Britain

"Ghost Master" goes on ridiculous sales on Steam sometimes, once it was 65 cents! And yes, I loved the variety of ghosts and beings you could be.

What were your favorite ghosts/beings to use? I loved the dog...I felt so bad for him. I used the spider and storm witch a lot, because they easily scared people. One of the ghosts who had an "evil laugh" I really loved, too. Dang it, now *I* want to play it again!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:40 AM   #2032
female animal lover

I can't remember, it is ages since I played it, I seem to remember the ship level crashing on me, and poltergeister to be fun.

Was there a crying lady ghost? Or am I confusing it with another game?

I had the poster on my wall a while too.. [ashamed]

Old 02-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #2033
Stalker of Britain

Oh God, don't be ashamed! I think that's so cool, I wish *I* had a poster of it. The only thing I have game-related is a Russian poster version of "Barrow Hill", since I'm good friends with Emma.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #2034
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

I'm halfway through Archibald's campaign in Heroes of Might and Magic II.

Never played Ghost Master, but I did play and enjoy the similarly themed Genesis game Haunting. I'll give Ghost Master a try if I come across it cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
I had the poster on my wall a while too.. [ashamed]
Why are you ashamed? I had the Prisoner of Ice poster on my wall some years ago.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:16 AM   #2035
female animal lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonchi View Post
Why are you ashamed? I had the Prisoner of Ice poster on my wall some years ago.
I was actually ashamed over not remembering the ghost types, not over having a poster. I thought I should remember the ghost types since I had them right in front of me quite a while..

Old 02-28-2011, 04:40 AM   #2036

I'm playing Zuma and am one level off the last stage. I can't for the life of me get to the final stage- aaarrrggghhh!! lol
Old 03-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #2037
Under pressure.

I just started playing Dead Space 2. Just completed the first level. I like it a lot, so far! Much more varied (more action) than its predecessor, I can already tell.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #2038
Stalker of Britain

I started playing the demo for "The Whispered World". For some reason, I must be the only person in the world that doesn't mind voices everyone else hates. I liked Nigel's in "The Lost Crown" and the voices in "Black Mirror"...and now I don't mind Sadwick's voice.

I wasn't really brought in by the story, but I did see that some of the game reminds me of "The Longest Journey", like the talking rocks=talking Stickman and dreams that may be visions. I may buy this game if it goes on sale somewhere, but I can definitely wait.

EDIT: Also played some of "Fable: Lost Chapters", and was disappointed that there was no dog lackey. :/ I had been misinformed. lol

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 03-06-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #2039
Stalker of Britain

I know I'm posting twice in a row, but I just have to rave how awesome 'Fable: Lost Chapters' is, and I'm soon going to try 'Morrowind'.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #2040
Failed Birthday Elf

I've become addicted to game dev story on Android.

It's a simple game development simulator but so much fun! I would definitely recommend it to anyone with even a passing interest in stratergy games.