Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

SoccerDude28 06-19-2006 09:26 AM

Currently playing Rayman 2, and I completely LOVE it. I wonder how I didn't notice it before. It is Michael Ancel, so no surprises there. I'm really excited to play Rayman 3 next, and I am so buying the new Rayman when it comes out this Xmas. Ancel is just pure genius.

SoccerDude28 06-19-2006 09:32 AM

By the way anyone notice the similarities between these rabbits and the ones in Psychonauts?
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen003.jpg

insane_cobra 06-19-2006 10:33 AM

Yes, they both resemble rabbits.

Karmillo 06-19-2006 11:26 AM

and they have both been through a mincer

Boneho Chane 06-19-2006 11:01 PM

They appear to both breath.

Spiwak 06-20-2006 05:35 AM

What's the screenshot from?

insane_cobra 06-20-2006 06:34 AM

Rayman Raving Rabbids.

Boneho Chane 06-20-2006 09:43 AM

I too loved Rayman 2. But every single time I play it my game somehow gets erased! First time it devistated me, because I was playing the game for a solid couple of months and got extremely far, and it all just collapsed. I said I wasn't going to play the game anymore. Years later I put it back in and played through for hours and hours. Then when I'm transfering the save over to another 10 Gig memory, I accidently lose all of the saves on the card. And being 10 gig there was a LOT on there. I was so angry! I think the last time I played the game my brother deleted the save because it needed for his own game and didn't think I was actually using. I've come to the conclusion that the game is cursed. First time I played it, I was blown away. It was the first on the PS2 that was a true platformer in the days of Crash Bandicoot, (something I was still fond of at the time, before Naughty Dog left the franchise.) However, the last couple of times it feels a little thin compaired to the first time. Maybe it's because it sometimes feels lonely. I'm not sure.

trudysgarden 06-20-2006 11:31 AM

Don't run Mr. Bun, or Daddy'll get you........

What IS the purpose of the rainbow squirts, anyways.

They're like Mr. Bun's evil twin with that drooping eye thing going on.

Spiwak 06-20-2006 12:48 PM

I beat Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines yesterday. I took the ending in which I go my own path and don't join any of the political groups. Pretty sweet game, so far as the story and the characters are concerned. It really did have quite an engaging story.

Pros - incredibly engaging story with intrigue and betrayal, solid length of the game (I probably spent a good 40 hours), some really awesome locales (the haunted hotel and the Malkavian mansion, for instance), great design and graphics, variety of the quests, variety of the playable clans and resulting gameplay experiences, sex with Jeanette

Cons - lack of other things to do in the game world but quests, small size of the playable world, bugs and performance issues, censoring of sex with Jeanette (as well as no sex with every other character in the game ;) )

Karmillo 06-21-2006 06:51 PM

Wow you could actualy have sex with her?
Spoiler:
She was the skitzo right? I managed to go some crazy way where I screwed her up so much that both of the personalities died...

kuze 06-22-2006 02:42 AM

If you install the fanpatch, you can have sex with her no matter which storyline you choose. The sex scene itself is rather disappointing, though.

Spiwak 06-22-2006 02:43 AM

Spoiler:
Damn dude I wasn't able to do that. I was a Toreador and as such was able to seduce Jeanette during all of our conversations. Then I helped Jeanette kill Therese and some time later I came back and we made sweet vampire love. It basically goes to a black screen and you can hear it.

MadTricks 06-22-2006 10:05 AM

mhm...right now im mainly playing TESIII-Morrowind ;)

And im trying to complete The longest Journey, but i don´t find enough motivation to play this game...i dont know why. At first i loved this game,and played several hours in a row, now cant even run this game. Must complete greatest adventure game ever....must.

insane_cobra 06-22-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadTricks
Must complete greatest adventure game ever....must.

You're playing the wrong game, then. ;)

It's still in my top 10, maybe even top 5 when I'm in the mood.

wicked 06-22-2006 12:01 PM

Giuld Wars Prophecies. Currently level 13 in 3 days of playing. Could have done a lot more if i didn't have to wait so much to make parties. :(
The game is good. I like the graphic style and the gameplay. The story is preety atractive considering the fapt that it's a MMORPG (the accent falls on the gameplay).

It's a lot more fun if you have a friend to play with. But it's nice with strangers too. Try it!
(can't wait to reach lvl 20 and start fighting in pvp) :)

kuze 06-22-2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicked
Giuld Wars Prophecies. Currently level 13 in 3 days of playing. Could have done a lot more if i didn't have to wait so much to make parties. :(

Henchies are your friends.

Naveed 06-23-2006 08:27 AM

Half-Life 2 episode 1, finished the 2nd chapter. I am really impressed. The gameplay feels different yet with the same Half-Life 2 feel. Alyx is very well integrated.

Jazhara7 06-23-2006 02:13 PM

Baldur's Gate II. With mods, among them a BG II continution of the Xan romance. We're all doomed (but at least we're doomed together :P ).

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RLacey 06-23-2006 02:18 PM

Nothing; I've been too busy with exams.

I'll be getting back to - amongst others - Call of Cthulhu, Oblivion and Boiling Point shortly, though, because my exams are over!