Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the DS (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/13983-zelda-phantom-hourglass-ds.html)

cardician 03-24-2006 02:06 AM

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the DS

I know its not strictly an adventure game, at least by old school standards, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Doesn't seem like anyone else has brought it up. I just learned this morning that there is going to be a Zelda for the DS. How cool is that? Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Assuming its done well, it might help tide people over until the Twighlight Princess is released.

Anyway, knowing how popular the DS is, especially being one of, if not the only, handheld platform with adventure games, I just thought I'd mention it. Plus, who doesn't love Zelda. While Manian Mansion and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade were some of my first adventure games, the original Zelda was one of my first action adventure/rpg type games. Gotta love the old school Zelda. :D

Kolzig 03-24-2006 04:43 AM

We have talked about the The new Zelda game announcement at the this thread, but I guess Zelda deserves it's own thread.

Zelda: PH looks superb, that's true. I can't wait to play it.

MoriartyL 03-24-2006 05:50 AM

Phantom Hourglass looks amazing. Watching the video, it's obvious that this handheld Zelda isn't from Capcom. (About time.) I know this because the gameplay it's showing is so brilliant. (Capcom's handheld Zeldas were pathetic. Those guys don't have enough creativity for something like this.)

* Most obvious twist: the hourglass takes the place of the musical instruments- drawing instead of music.
* The map can be drawn on!! Which means more complex dungeons, and exploration which is roughly ten times better (in theory).
* A boomerang with a drawable course. Pretty cool.
* A chartable course for a boat. Then, when you're in the boat, it's an on-rails (following the path you've set) action game. Just brilliant.

It's looking like I may have to get a DS after all. Oy, I need a job.

Edit: Isn't anyone going to move this to the General forum? :confused:

Jackal 03-24-2006 06:34 AM

Very cool indeed! Any new Zelda is cause for celebration, and the DS features look fun. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardician
Assuming its done well, it might help tide people over until the Twighlight Princess is released.

I'm too lazy to do my own research. When is PH due out?

RLacey 03-24-2006 06:37 AM

Hey, they've gone Wind Waker style with the Link design :D.

Kolzig 03-24-2006 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal
I'm too lazy to do my own research. When is PH due out?

They said that it's going to be released at the end of the year at some continent (most likely Japan).

Dasilva 03-24-2006 07:46 AM

Is there such a thing as a bad Zelda game? I loved every single one. :) I think this is the game that will make me get a DS.

Tanukitsune 03-24-2006 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva
Is there such a thing as a bad Zelda game? I loved every single one. :) I think this is the game that will make me get a DS.

I've heard the Phillips CD-I ones were just awful, but I think Nintendo didn't do them...

SoccerDude28 03-24-2006 09:16 AM

Another Zelda. Yahooooo :shifty:

Jackal 03-24-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig
They said that it's going to be released at the end of the year at some continent (most likely Japan).

Ah, so not exactly "tiding over until Twilight Princess" material, then. :( Guess I'll shelve my excitement for the rest of the year.

As for bad Zeldas, I thought Zelda II for NES was pretty lame. I wouldn't call it bad, but it was a disappointment after the first.

insane_cobra 03-24-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
I've heard the Phillips CD-I ones were just awful, but I think Nintendo didn't do them...

Um...

Tanukitsune 03-24-2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra

:crazy:
AHHHH!
(Gouges eyes out)

Dear God, it's worse than I thought!

I don't think Nintendo will even do anything THIS bad, or any company I can think of! Even the ones I hate!

insane_cobra 03-24-2006 01:42 PM

Dear god, there's more!

Karmillo 03-24-2006 01:47 PM

Hey its the surfer dude link! Didn't they make a tv show out of that version?

Kolzig 03-24-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal
Ah, so not exactly "tiding over until Twilight Princess" material, then. :( Guess I'll shelve my excitement for the rest of the year.

2006 is shaping up to be maybe one of the greatest gaming years since, oh well, 1998...

I really don't mind that the Zelda: PH release is about 9 months away, there's so many awesome games coming out this year that I'm almost losing my mind just by keeping track of them.

It's going to hell to keep up with all the releases while I'm adventuring in UK...

It really is crazy when you think how many games are going to be released during April-May. (Metroid Prime Hunters *in Europe*, New Super Mario Bros. *in USA*, Dreamfall, Paradise, Netkar Pro, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Sin: Episodes 1, possibly Prey, Introversion's Defcon game, Outrun 2006, Resident Evil 4 for PC... and I know that I'm forgetting several releases)

I think I'm just going to die under the amount of these excellent releases arriving during the upcoming months.

Hey, what is this? Is Alien Hominid coming to PC also?

Dasilva 03-24-2006 04:43 PM

Oh, and I won't let you forget Tomb Raider Legend. :P

Kolzig 03-24-2006 04:49 PM

That is one of the releases that I forgot. ;)

insane_cobra 03-24-2006 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig
Hey, what is this? Is Alien Hominid coming to PC also?

Wow, that would be great!

MoriartyL 03-25-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva
Is there such a thing as a bad Zelda game?

Yep, The Minish Cap.

NcroManiac 03-26-2006 04:22 PM

And the Zelda CDI game.