Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   New Revolution pics (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/13969-new-revolution-pics.html)

KriD 03-23-2006 02:51 AM

New Revolution pics

Revolution Report has posted some pictures of Nintendos Revolution from the Game Developers Conference. The article says it`s changed a bit since we last saw it, and we get to see the backside for the first time.

New Revolution Pictures

RLacey 03-23-2006 03:50 AM

That is small :crazy:...

bigjko 03-23-2006 03:51 AM

According to IGN it's still the same model that Iwata held up at last GDC. The final console will apparently be smaller.

I wonder what we'll be using those USB slots for.

Crunchy in milk 03-23-2006 03:59 AM

Its about the size of a cable modem, how much smaller can it get?

Other than 'to hold the weird shape upright' I'd love to know what the giant boot is for.

insane_cobra 03-23-2006 04:39 AM

According to Revolution Report, it's somewhat thicker than the previously shown models and has different ports.

Spiwak 03-23-2006 06:24 AM

It seems that at this point they might as well call it the Nintendo Revolution. It's a cool name, and everyone already knows it as that by this point.

Any projected release date/month?

Karmillo 03-23-2006 06:30 AM

so i wonder how this is going to connect to the net? The modem port in the back seems to be gone

KriD 03-23-2006 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiwak
It seems that at this point they might as well call it the Nintendo Revolution. It's a cool name, and everyone already knows it as that by this point.

I agree. Calling it anything other than Revolution would for me be weird.

Fop 03-23-2006 06:52 AM

I thought Revolution was silly at first (with the pain of the second Matrix sequel fresh in mind), but I think the controller justifies the name. They should call it that.

Kolzig 03-23-2006 06:54 AM

Revo-europe.com also has new pics of Revolution from GDC.
Hmm, but they are the same pics as those revolutionreport ones...

Dasilva 03-23-2006 07:59 AM

Count on me to get the Revolution before the 360 or PS3, I like the fact they're making it much more affordable for the people who aren't spoiled brats in this world. ;)

Karmillo 03-23-2006 09:32 AM

Ya know not only spoilt brats were able to get the 360...

Dasilva 03-23-2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmillo
Ya know not only spoilt brats were able to get the 360...

I'd say 60%. :P

bigjko 03-23-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiwak

Any projected release date/month?

The only name that could be more easy for everyone would be just The Nintendo.

A throwback to the old NES, cool and instantly recognizable for pretty much the whole world.

insane_cobra 03-23-2006 12:06 PM

The keynote is done, no significant Revolution news. :frown:

Except for the fact that Sega Genesis and Hudson games will be playable on Revolution. :)

EDIT: Seems like the thing about Hudson games actually means TurboGrafx games will also be supported!! Now throw in Neo-Geo support and we have every retro gamer's wet dream come true!

wilco 03-23-2006 12:17 PM

Sega Genesis on a Nintendo console... who would have guessed? Great news. Some Saturn games would be welcome too.

Also Zelda DS! and cel-shaded!

E3 cant come soon enough to actually see some games!

Kolzig 03-23-2006 12:53 PM

Megadrive games on Revolution!? So it's true! :)
Woooooooooooooooooooot!

Thank you Sega&Nintendo!

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Hell yes!!!

MoriartyL 03-23-2006 01:31 PM

Boy, that thing's ugly. I hope they redesign it before launch. But whatever- it's what's inside that counts. I mean, the first model of DS looks so much more beautiful than the Lite version, but if I were to get a DS I'd want the Lite for the better screen. And on the inside... Hm, just thinking about it burned right through my brain. It actually supports games from other companies' consoles? Wait, let me make sure- It actually supports games from other companies' consoles? This is huge news. Finally, console games won't go obsolete! This sets an amazing precedent. If Sony or Microsoft were to go out of the videogame business someday, Nintendo might support their games.

Fop 03-23-2006 01:38 PM

I think your eyes are broken :P

NcroManiac 03-23-2006 02:06 PM

Why do they always change their project names to some muddane, toster-worthy slogans.
Sega Katana became sega Dreamcast (Not as kewl, but at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been)
Nintendo Dolphin became.... wait for it.... Nintendo Game Cube (how lame is that!)
My guess is that they will change its name to somthing boring like Nintendo Gamesquare or Nintendo Gametouch....

ahhh.... I miss my Dreamcast.....