Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Adventure Gamers Neverwinter Nights Party Thingy...Something (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/13836-adventure-gamers-neverwinter-nights-party-thingy-something.html)

Spiwak 03-16-2006 02:33 AM

Sweet. This could be pretty fun.

I also have spring break next week.

Karmillo 03-16-2006 07:44 AM

Ok well the plan was to have everyone start a new character so we would be all at the same level, so that would mean it wouldnt matter what quests you have an havent done as youll be back at the start.

As for times...well well need to all post what times we are all availible then we would be able to sort something out.

And you wouldnt need to buy a microphone since we can just type in the game chat :P

And if everyone has the expansion we could always try one of those campaigns....or one of the fan made ones if they are any good.

So what times are best for everyone?
Im guessing everyone is going to be most free around the weekends so its probably going to be around friday-sunday

RLacey 03-16-2006 08:45 AM

I'm free whenever, so long as I'm given notice ;).

seebaruk 03-16-2006 09:30 AM

Cool, if it's Sunday evening then I might be able to join for a bit, unless its next sunday. Sorry, I know I'm awkward!

Karmillo 03-16-2006 09:58 AM

Ok so that would make it:

Lacey
Seebaruk
Spiwak
Art(possibly)
LeChimp
Kuddles

anyone else? By the size of that NWN discussion I thought there would have been allot more :frown:

Tanukitsune 03-16-2006 12:04 PM

I guess I could join, but the time zone thing will be troublesome...

Karmillo 03-16-2006 12:06 PM

Thats why Im asking for people who want to join in to post what times they could play in, and days :P

kuddles 03-16-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmillo
anyone else? By the size of that NWN discussion I thought there would have been allot more :frown:

Well, you also don't want there to be so many people on-screen that the game becomes unmanageable or overly laggy.

I think sometime Sunday is your best bet for most people. I know it would work for me.

Karmillo 03-16-2006 02:29 PM

well I think a server can hold upto 16, but the party max is 4 so if we had 16 people joining us then we would have 4 partys who could split up and take on diferent parts of whatever scenario we decide to choose

say we chose to do the main campeign, then we could have a party per district :P

Jazhara7 03-16-2006 04:13 PM

I won't be free until after the APs in May.

But after this school year is over, I am going to take a gap year, so I believe I'll have some time then.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

RLacey 03-16-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I won't be free until after the APs in May.

:frown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
But after this school year is over, I am going to take a gap year, so I believe I'll have some time then.

:D

stepurhan 03-16-2006 04:31 PM

I have some sort of NWN with the main expansions editons (as a lovely shiny set) I guess I could sign up for Sunday evenings UK time if that helps.

Me play fighter that smash things good with big sword (as a general rule) Paladin character is OK because I'm so lovely and good anyway. :D

Karmillo 03-16-2006 06:33 PM

Thats the Diamond edition :P
so what does that make?
7?
and it looks like its gonna be a sunday(s?) after all :D

seebaruk 03-17-2006 01:55 AM

Sounds good matey. You reckon we'll be starting this Sunday?

Karmillo 03-17-2006 06:08 PM

Oh I missed Jaz's posts. I guess we can count her in in may if this thing takes off :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by seebaruk
Sounds good matey. You reckon we'll be starting this Sunday?

I wouldnt be able to make it this sunday :frown: got an all night Lan Party twomorrow so im be shattered sunday :P

Spiwak 03-17-2006 07:41 PM

I bought Diamond today. I'll probably play around with it a little bit just to get back into how the game works before this thing starts.

EDIT: I thought it was kind of lame how the Diamond edition has nothing but a single DVD-ROM. I guess it doesn't matter since I already have the manual and map from the original release, but still. I guess Atari's viewing this as their last chance to make any money on the game before 2 comes out, though.

Karmillo 03-17-2006 07:54 PM

The diamond verson also comes with some of the new campeigns that you have to buy from the bioware site

Crunchy in milk 03-18-2006 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmillo
The diamond verson also comes with some of the new campeigns that you have to buy from the bioware site

Bit of a mixed blessing, they're rather short and at least 2 are incomplete with (still) little hope of them seeing a sequel/conclusion. Arguably the best of the premium modules, Pirates of the Sword Coast is still only available via download.

The Platinum edition was also the last verison to come with a printed manual. Diamond's manual is PDF only, which translates to heaps of ruleset queries showing up again on the NWN message boards. Its a lot more bother to RTFM.

Given the mix of expansions you lot have, the odds of you all playing in the same game any time soon seems rather remote. Not to mention someone has to step up to the plate and host the game(s), and they'll need a rather robust internet connection.

Hammerite 03-18-2006 12:29 AM

I suppose I could join but only when i have some free time.

RLacey 03-18-2006 05:41 AM

Hey, don't complain about the Diamond edition; the UK release with the premium modules (available for about five seconds before being pulled) along with the release with the game and both expansion packs both came on CDs and without manuals ;). I weep :frown:...