You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Beyond Good & Evil 2 confirmed?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
I needed a dare

Default Beyond Good & Evil 2 confirmed?

Got this from another forum

According to http://www.jeuxpo.com/afficher_news-1257.html
The abrupt end of Beyond Good & Evil could not remain without continuation. After all, the project of Michel Ancel, producer at Ubi and lately promoted knight of arts and letters, was a trilogy at the base. A few months ago, the préproduction of the play had begun, one knows some from now on a little more.

BGE 2 will take again a gameplay near to the first episode, but this time we will be able to travel towards various planets, and the return will be done on the consoles news generation (of which Nintendo Revolution). What to give again the smile with Jade. At when the exit then? Not before the re-entry 2007…
Old 03-13-2006, 11:43 AM   #2
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

That would be so awesome if it's true.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
Homer of Kittens

That would be the best news ever. I just hope if it is actually true, they won't darken the game and make a dark Jade.

Firefox rules
Old 03-14-2006, 12:41 AM   #4
A Servicable Villain

Wow, I'd actually already given up hope of seeing such a thing. It's sales will most likely be better out of the hype surrounding the first part, and the fact that sequals most always sell better because they tell the buyer that it's a "successful" series they're dealing with and thus worth looking into. A shame, but true.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:54 AM   #5
Sierra Junkie

Send a message via MSN to avatar_58

Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice...

They aren't getting my money. The BG&E team couldn't make a game that runs on my PC so I don't put any faith in this one either. Ubisoft refuses to patch it stating its "too old" (2 years????) so I can't experience what apparently was a classic in some players eyes. Shame really.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:20 AM   #6
Dungeon Master

Does this French site cite any source for that at all? A couple of days ago there has been (at gamepro.com, I think) a "leakage" of Ubisoft's release calendar, which included BG&E2 amongst some other things. But Ubi quickly called it a fake.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:20 AM   #7

You could probably get a cube and the game, and some others mind for the cost of a full priced 360 game over here £40

Its worth the investment, not just for this game mind... can get alot on the console well worth playing, zelda, animal crossing etc etc.

Anyway fingers crossed for a good sequel.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:48 AM   #8
OB

Quote:

They aren't getting my money. The BG&E team couldn't make a game that runs on my PC so I don't put any faith in this one either. Ubisoft refuses to patch it stating its "too old" (2 years????) so I can't experience what apparently was a classic in some players eyes. Shame really.
What kind of PC(specs)? Always make sure your video card drivers and DirectX are up to date. It solves most problems. I can't recall if that title had Starforce protection or not, but it ran perfectly on my system(GeForce 5200 FX w/latest drivers at the time, Pentium 4, 2.4GHZ, 512MB RAM, Windows XP, DirectX 9.0c). BTW, a new update to DX9.0c just came out last month, so there's an update for it for those who want it.

And, two years is well over the sales lifecycle of the average game, so no patch should be expected, nor would I bother creating one if I were in their position after the performance(financially) of that title.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:52 AM   #9

There are a bunch a recent news that came up when I did a BGE 2 search on google, so I guess I could be true.

Apparently Ancel confirmed that he was working on it in a dutch magazine.

Wait and see...
Old 03-14-2006, 04:14 AM   #10
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Brat
And, two years is well over the sales lifecycle of the average game, so no patch should be expected, nor would I bother creating one if I were in their position after the performance(financially) of that title.
Yeah, that's true. About the only firm that releases patches and updates for their games after over two years since the game was released is Blizzard.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:31 AM   #11

I really hope they also do a PC release, for those of us without a HDTV and Xbox360/next-gen console Awesome that we'll get to visit other worlds as well - kind of KOTOR-ish.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:58 AM   #12
gin soaked boy

Kind of LBA2-ish, again.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:20 AM   #13
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Yeah, that's true. About the only firm that releases patches and updates for their games after over two years since the game was released is Blizzard.
And Valve. Though Valve cheat by simply not putting things in the game to start off with .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #14
Banned User

Here's hoping!
Old 03-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #15
Burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar_58

Interesting, you are the first person I found for whom the game simply didn't run. I played it on PC. Some of my friends too, and no one had any issue. On my laptop I couldn't play it, but that was because of the outdated graphics card. So it might be some issue because of the incompatiliblity. The game was definitely a classic, shame really that you missed it, I agree.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #16

Quote:

Did you try one of the many suggestions available on their forums (I posted them in your BG&E post in the technical help forum), because those seem to work for 99% of all people.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #17
Sierra Junkie

If you own a Geforce 6 series (which I do, having wanted to play the majority of new games at high speeds) then this game has some terrible frame rate issues. In the water scenes (I've said this before haven't I?) the game drops to 2fps and there isn't a thing I can do about it. I can run the game in 640 with no options enabled and it still does it.

Check their forum. Look for "Water" or "fps issues" and see how many solutions there are. Ubisoft doesn't read their forums as its pretty obvious this problem is wide spread to anyone who has modern video cards.

The problem occured in Prince of Persia as well back in the day. They made a patch and all was well. BG&E uses the same engine. Explain to me why it wasn't also patch? Too old my foot....my common sense told me POP:SOT was older than BG&E. Popularity seems to have a say in what gets patched from their end.

Heres a laugh: the game is popular enough to warrant a sequel, but not to patch it. God I hate ubisoft.....
Old 03-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #18

Quote:
If you own a Geforce 6 series (which I do, having wanted to play the majority of new games at high speeds) then this game has some terrible frame rate issues. In the water scenes (I've said this before haven't I?) the game drops to 2fps and there isn't a thing I can do about it. I can run the game in 640 with no options enabled and it still does it.

Check their forum. Look for "Water" or "fps issues" and see how many solutions there are. Ubisoft doesn't read their forums as its pretty obvious this problem is wide spread to anyone who has modern video cards.

The problem occured in Prince of Persia as well back in the day. They made a patch and all was well. BG&E uses the same engine. Explain to me why it wasn't also patch? Too old my foot....my common sense told me POP:SOT was older than BG&E. Popularity seems to have a say in what gets patched from their end.

Heres a laugh: the game is popular enough to warrant a sequel, but not to patch it. God I hate ubisoft.....
First of all, sorry for going OT, but I have this urge to help avatar in his quest to play one of the best games ever Well I can't find the reply to your problems I posted earlier, but here are a few quotes from the ubi forums that seem to help some of the users there:
Quote:
heya i was having the exact same problem as you and ive got a 6800 ultra! but i found a fix that worked for me so hopefully it will work for you as well. All i did was disable triple buffering in the advanced settign and all of a sudden my fps went back up to 60 w/o loss of the nice water effects.
It'd be nice if doing just that would help, here's hoping
Quote:
I just tested the game with a 6600 GT myself and I encountered the same problem, the framerate dropped dramatically when the water reflections were enabled and only setting the water detail level to low helped. Another solution: revert to the 66.93 drivers; they were the first drivers to be compatible with the 6600 GT and still seem to work.
I couldn't imagine low quality water effects would hurt the gameplay, besides I'd play this game even if it looked like crap, it's THAT good
Quote:
yeah.. still have it. and I've tried other various settings and combination but its still slow as heck, even at 640x480. Low quality water runs smoothly so I'm guessing its just some sort of bug with the water shader either with the game itself or Nvidia's drivers. I'm not holding my breath for the problem to get solved though.. at least not by Ubi or Nvidia officially. I'm sure this game isn't one of their top priorities unfortunately. Is there any of tweaking the games settings with a .cfg or .ini file? I looked in the directory but didn't see anything like that. I guess maybe that stuff is stored in the registry.. hmm..
Again, another guy who fixed it by disabling water effects or putting it to the lowest settings. So I'd say try it and see if it works, and if it does, you'll get to play one of the most awesome games in recent history, although I'm sure you've heard that quite enough times on this forum Good luck!

edit: all these quotes are from users with 6 series nVidia cards.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #19
Sierra Junkie

I tried lowering and the triple buffer fixes before and they didn't help at all. I might try it again later for the hell of it, but I don't expect much. Maybe this better off being split into another thread?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:25 PM   #20
gin soaked boy

I have a 6600GT and never had any such problems.
Guess I was lucky.