You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Beyond Good & Evil 2 confirmed?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #41

That article doesn't say BGE2 isn't going to be made. The earlier reports had it pegged for 2007. This new Rayman is late 2006, so no need to get all worried.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:36 AM   #42
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Rayman is cool but where's BG&E 2?
Well, considering how much control Ancel likes to have over his works, there's not much chance of him making two games at once. So no BG&E for now. I don't mind- this is just as good. It's good to see Ancel back on a project where he has as much control as he likes. That's the real issue here, as far as I'm concerned. I don't particularly care what project he works on- as long as I get to play it. No matter what it is, it'll be great.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #43
Burning

Rayman 2 was one of the best platformer ever. Rayman 3 couldn't reach the same heights, it is wonderful that Ancel is working on the new iteration. Here is hoping that he will make BGE2 after it.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #44
is not wierd

I've never played a Rayman game. Seemed like basically every other platformer I've played (whereas the first 4-5 hours of BG&E that I have played is really quite cool). Are they worth getting....because I'll get them if that's the case simply because I'm liking this Michel Ancel guy.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
I've never played a Rayman game. Seemed like basically every other platformer I've played (whereas the first 4-5 hours of BG&E that I have played is really quite cool). Are they worth getting....because I'll get them if that's the case simply because I'm liking this Michel Ancel guy.
Only played a GBA Rayman game, but that was awesome (never finished it though), one of the better sidescrolling platformers I've played.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:20 PM   #46
capsized.

Quote:
Rayman2= Best game I've played during the last two years. So many cool ideas! So much fun!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:52 PM   #47
Not like them!

Quote:
Well, I've already said Rayman 2 is my favorite platformer ever (and I've played plenty of exceptional platformers), so you know what I'd say. The first Rayman game is really fun, but inexperienced. It's not all that different from the other platformers from the 90's. But Rayman 2 is just brilliant. I've gone on about how great it is in the past, and I don't feel like repeating myself, so suffice it to say that yes, it is most definitely worth getting.

Unless I'm greatly mistaken, none of the other Rayman-licensed games were made by Ancel. He was doing BG&E after Rayman 2, so they had someone else do the third one. It was a completely different style from the first two. Now, I've only played the demo, so I could be wrong about this, but that demo stunk. So I think you should stay away from 3. On the other hand, the GBA version of Rayman 3 wasn't really all that related to the console versions at all- instead, it took a lot of the things Ancel did in both the first two games and mashed them together into a 2D game. It actually was pretty fun, though unoriginal.

Anyway, he's back now. Yay!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:17 AM   #48
A Servicable Villain

I thought Rayman 3 was cute, except for one huge thing: the omnipresent breaking of the 4th wall. That little elf-thingy was constantly referring to games, and the player, and whatnot, and it just got really tiring. I know it was the game's "schtick", but it kills immersion no matter what way you turn it. And in a fantasy game, that's just a bad thing. Also, I've come to dislike cheap sarcasm in games.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:29 AM   #49
Not like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
Also, I've come to dislike cheap sarcasm in games.
Wow, there goes 50% of adventures!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:56 AM   #50
A Servicable Villain

Well, 50% of all adventures IS cheap sarcasm. Note that not all sarcasm is cheap -it's really a matter of how it shines through-, you'll notice it when the sarcasm is a substitute for actual humour, covering up the fact that the writers couldn't think of anything funnier.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #51

Send a message via AIM to Rayvielle Send a message via MSN to Rayvielle

Rayman 2: Great Escape is brilliant! Very fun platform game.

Probably one of the better executed platform games of the time, and still holds down very well in this modern day market. It has a very nice piratey flavor to it, and really appealed to me, (but then I'm a huge monkey island smark)

Of course, there was Mario 64 as well, but that's a different story.