You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Beyond Good & Evil 2 confirmed?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2006, 12:41 AM   #21

That`s the best news I`ve heard in ages. Oh, I`ve been longing for this, hope it`s true.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:47 AM   #22
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar_58
I tried lowering and the triple buffer fixes before and they didn't help at all. I might try it again later for the hell of it, but I don't expect much. Maybe this better off being split into another thread?
Do you have any consoles? You can find it now for 5-10 bucks.

I also experienced a problem with the water scenes in Hillys. I think you can turn off reflections or something similar to make it run smooth.

Firefox rules
Old 03-15-2006, 01:00 AM   #23
Sierra Junkie

Send a message via MSN to avatar_58

Well I'll be a....

Turning the water detail to minimum actually worked this time. I could have sworn I tried that before....alone with reducing the resolution etc.

Well to compensate for the crappy water/no AA I put the game in 1280x1024.

So how am I supposed to play this best? Gamepad or mouse/kb? I can use either but I'm curious which is easier.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:47 AM   #24

Quote:
Well I'll be a....

Turning the water detail to minimum actually worked this time. I could have sworn I tried that before....alone with reducing the resolution etc.

So how am I supposed to play this best? Gamepad or mouse/kb? I can use either but I'm curious which is easier.
I know that I used the keyboard+mouse, and that it felt easy as pie to handle.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:22 AM   #25
gin soaked boy

I wanted to play with a gamepad, but mine was not recognized.

Keyboard + mouse control wasn't that bad, though.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:44 AM   #26
Sierra Junkie

Send a message via MSN to avatar_58

Upon closer inspection this game doesn't support gamepads. I could force it, but I guess I'll just live with it.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:04 AM   #27
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
I have a 6600GT and never had any such problems.
Guess I was lucky.
I too have a 6600GT, but I have never played BG&E with this computer.
I should try it soon, and see if I encounter this water problem.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Well I'll be a....

Told you it was possible I played it with keyboard and it was a bit clumsy at first but you get used to it quickly. Towards the end there can be frustrating bits but I never had to retry anything ten times to progress so the keyboard is very doable
Old 03-29-2006, 03:53 PM   #29
is not wierd

I'm getting this to see what the fuss is all about. PC version...

Better be damn amazing.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #30

Just playing this for the first time also, the PC version... So far very meh game, can't seem to get past the childishness of it, bugs me quite a bit. I think Psychonauts is a better platformer game...

-Chris
Old 03-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #31
Grah! Grah!

BG&E's not really a platformer, more of a Zelda type game. I wasn't particularly impressed with it overall either (I'd say it's good, shows Ancel has a lot of potential at this sort of game, but really nothing spectacular), but wouldn't call it childish. If you take issue with the Jamaican rhinos I'll kill you. I really need to replay it one of these days...
Old 03-30-2006, 04:08 AM   #32

Hehe, no , actually the Rhino's are my favorite part of the game. With the raggae music playing and all, especially at night time, it almost reminds me of the first town in Monkey Island 2 a bit.

-Chris
Old 03-31-2006, 04:47 AM   #33

Send a message via Yahoo to Marius

Quote:

Unfortunately I have a 6800GT and it gives the same slow rendering of water but fortunately I still have an old Radeon 9500 which I used softmodded as 9700 and if nostalgia makes me want to play the game again that card will hopefully still work. *keep fingers crossed*

Quote:
I played it using the mouse and keyboard and I don't remember having any trouble, it worked flawlessly for me.

BG&E2 would be a beautiful dream, but I'd rather keep the cliffhanger ending of the first than to have a sequel that does not live up to the expectations. Mystery is something that gives taste to life after all and an ending like that of BG&E1 sure leaves place for speculation. (This also reminds me of the ending of Anachronox, which I understand was supposed to have a sequel, but I feel that maybe it's better that way)

Last edited by Marius; 03-31-2006 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:21 AM   #34
is not wierd

I went with the Playstation 2 version as it seems like this game would really benefit from a controller. Does anyone know if there is anything that makes the PS2 version worse or anything like that?
Old 04-03-2006, 03:33 AM   #35
A Servicable Villain

I believe the PS2 version only has English voices? At least in our country. Really, the only way to play Beyond Good & Evil is to brush up or learn French and play it in its original language. You'll find it perfectly compliments the exotic atmosphere.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:09 PM   #36
is not wierd

There are many reasons that I have to learn French...but Beyond Good and Evil probably isn't high on that list. If it's subtitled that'd be really cool, though.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:29 AM   #37

Default New Rayman Confirmed - No BG&E2?

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/...681_5678_0.htm

Quote:
New Rayman Confirmed
Michel Ancel is back with Rayman as Ubisoft confirms the limbless one's next adventure...

After a string of sequels and spin-offs that would make Mario proud Ubisoft's iconic Rayman looks set to make a comeback, just in time to celebrate his 10th anniversary.

Currently in development at Ubisoft Montpellier, Rayman's latest adventure finds the character's creator, Michel Ancel, reprising control over the title after taking time to create Beyond Good & Evil and Peter Jackson's King Kong.

"Rayman is one of the brands that encapsulate Ubisoft's ability to create characters and universes that appeal to all kinds of players," said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft. "We are expecting this new Rayman video game to sweep players off their feet."

Besides that, all we know is that the game is planned for release on current and next-gen formats for a release during Christmas 2006; hopefully further information will follow shortly.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #38
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I'm just happy that Ancel is back working on a new game, of course it would be awesome if it was a totally new franchise or BG&E2, but this is great too.

Rayman series is one of my favourite series of the recent years, I recently acquired Rayman for Sega Saturn and there you have some excellent 2D sidescrolling platforming.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #39
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Rayman 2 is my favorite platformer. I'm ecstatic to hear Ancel's back.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #40
Homer of Kittens

Rayman is cool but where's BG&E 2?

Firefox rules