Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   To all those getting Oblivion (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/13789-all-those-getting-oblivion.html)

Talas 03-18-2006 07:14 AM

Other: everything... if I have time, I remember putting like 80 hours on just one character in Morrowind.

Karmillo 03-19-2006 07:42 PM

So its out Today in America and Friday in Europe?
Cant wait! :D

Hammerite 03-20-2006 08:04 AM

I really hope there's a really big bank or something for me to totally loot.
And to make thieving stuff even FUNNER will be a THIEF-STYLE STEALTH SYSTEM
Excelente.

jjacob 03-20-2006 10:49 AM

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

A new movie each day till release :9~

Hammerite 03-20-2006 11:18 AM

havent read the PC GAMER UK review of it yet, but from what it says on the back of the cover its a 'Must Buy'.

Ebgames tells me its in later this afternoon......*bites fingernails*

Dale Baldwin 03-20-2006 11:25 AM

This reminds me, GameSpot are doing a 12 hour live playthrough for subscribers later on today. (6pm PT - 6am PT) I'll be asleep for most of that though.

insane_cobra 03-20-2006 12:31 PM

Well, yeah, but wouldn't you want to experience all that for the first time by playing, not by watching?

Fop 03-20-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite
havent read the PC GAMER UK review of it yet, but from what it says on the back of the cover its a 'Must Buy'.

The Elder Scrolls site says PC Gamer USA gave Oblivion 95%. Also, the Construction Set has been released and is available on the Elder Scrolls site.

Rowne 03-20-2006 01:09 PM

How interactive is Oblivion? I think a lot of what I do will depend on that. I haven't played a game that's really interactive in a while, so if Oblivion has that kind of interaction, I'll be doing all sorts of interesting things, just because.

I think the last game to have a really interactive landscape was Half-Life, that allowed me to be completely random.

"C'mon Gordon, you have to go!"
"No! I'm too busy skipping random crates and items across that lake over yonder with my gravity gun."
"... o-kay, have fun with that. Everybody else, move out, we've got Combine incoming!"

The last RPG to really allow for it was Ultima VII, with the possibility of Gothic.

Nothing like planting a barrel of Gunpowder next to Lord British, lighting it and then running like a bat out of freakin' hell.

That's one thing I crave, really, is a genuinely interactive environment. Barring that, I'll try stealing random things and equipping a spoon. If I can use a spoon I'll have hours of random fun killing guards with a spoon.

"... and then I took down the entirety of the Guard phalanx at that outpost o'er there with a spoon."

Then again, depending on how good the AI is, there might be other oppurtunities ...

"Oh, that place wasn't so bad. I simply did the Uhura-dance for the guards which ...lured them away. Then I cleared the place out."
"... but you're an overweight male Khajiit."
"Exactly!"
"... ... The horror. The horror."

Barring all of the above ... I'd have to say stealing everything in sight, like everyone else. That and finding a Dunmer mine, clearing it out and using it for my horde. Just like in Morrowind I'll have one room that's full of one of every item in the game, all neatly laid out. And if those clockwork guards have any problems with that, then they can just talk to my spoon.

Fop 03-20-2006 01:53 PM

It looks pretty interactive. Everything is physically modeled like in HL2, though there is no gravity gun. I wonder if you're able to carry stuff around in your hands. Possibly not.

jjacob 03-20-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avatar_58
Ebgames tells me its in later this afternoon......*bites fingernails*

Oh man that means the mailman is going to make me very happy sometime tomorrow/day after :D I still can't figure out why the collector's edition costs me thesame as the regular one would've :crazy:

insane_cobra 03-20-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjacob
I still can't figure out why the collector's edition costs me thesame as the regular one would've :crazy:

I know! Because I hate you! :P

I don't really hate you, silly.

Rowne 03-20-2006 06:28 PM

Yeah Fop, the latter is what I was hoping for. That and the absurd hope of being able to drop-kick items. Perhaps in a mod (since it'll probably support modular additions as Morrowind did) ...

*Drop expensive candlestick, PUNT at guard.*
"Ow."
"..."
"..."
"A BEATING!"
"I'm gone." *Flee.*

jjacob 03-20-2006 10:06 PM

If anyone wants to see the live GS feed, here it is:
mms://a812.l1165445721.c11654.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/812/11654/v0001/reflector:45721

:)

artwking4 03-20-2006 10:38 PM

And I thought I had to be a subscriber to see this...;)

This game is damn amazing. I've already brought up most of my comments on another forum, so I'll do a paste job:

Quote:

This game....I'm telling you its hunting my fav RPG spot. There are some things which I could nitpick, but on the grand scale its a keeper.

Anyone who feared "consolitis" may scream bloody murder at first, but give the ui a chance, because between the quick switching spells/weapons and the ease of use quest log I'd say it beats morrowind hands down in the GUI realm. Thats just my opinion, and many people are probably going to be dissapointed if they want a complex UI. Personally I can see all my info with ease, its even got filters for your inventory so if you want to see weapons only...you can.

The graphics are a given, of course. Just wish they didn't hog my system so much when 5 or more NPCs come rushing in while in the meadows.

So far my verdict? This game is going to eat much of my time.....

So in other words....I'm loving it :D

Fop 03-21-2006 12:19 AM

God damn you.

Karmillo 03-21-2006 03:45 AM

Morrowind had the inventory filters aswell didnt it?

RLacey 03-21-2006 03:58 AM

Yes.