You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General To all those getting Oblivion

View Poll Results: What Will You Have Your Character Do in Oblivion
Follow the storyline 9 21.43%
Look around, do sidequests and stuff 15 35.71%
COMMIT CRIMES and do funny stuff 10 23.81%
OthER 8 19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2006, 07:51 AM   #361
Chris Barraclough

I'm scared by how addicted to this game I'm getting, haven't been this into a game since KOTOR. I just arrived at some ruined village place, everyones really hostile, and I found a cave underneath the village thats linked to all the houses, with lots of bones etc in it. They must be cannibals or something, not good!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 04-19-2006, 08:17 AM   #362
kamikaze hummingbirds

sounds interesting, where is it?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #363
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
I'm scared by how addicted to this game I'm getting, haven't been this into a game since KOTOR. I just arrived at some ruined village place, everyones really hostile, and I found a cave underneath the village thats linked to all the houses, with lots of bones etc in it. They must be cannibals or something, not good!
Hackdirt!

I always meant to go back there, theres also some weird house just south of it
Old 04-19-2006, 08:54 AM   #364
Bad command or file name

Darn, I don't remember how I triggered the hackdirt quest. I found the town first by accident too and was freaked out. Not as freaked out as I was from finding Weatherleah before the quest or backstory. That was almost disturbing.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #365
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

I think you get it in chorrol, i saw the option to ask people about it there
Old 04-20-2006, 12:09 AM   #366
Chris Barraclough

Yeah, it was Hackdirt alright. I haven't gotten the quest for it yet. It's amazing how much random stuff you come across while trekking from place to place, I also found some statue of an orc drinking beer and there were some people around it going on about how they love to party and have sex. I can't join in yet cos you've got to be level 10 though That was close to Hackdirt too.

Hammerite: I found Hackdirt when doing the main quest, right at the start, by going in a straight line between Weywen Priory or whatever its called and the town where you're supposed to look for the heir.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 04-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #367

To get the Hackdirt quest you'll need to talk to an Argonian lady in a store close to one of the gates in Chorrol (can't remember what it was called sorry), her daughter went missing when delivering stuff there.

Seebaruk, that Orc statue you found is one of the Deadra shrines, and the quest was hilarious! Do it!

And I have to agree this game is a real time sink. I was a bit suprised when I noticed my savegame said 70 hrs. But the quests are great, so much more fun than Morrowind.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #368
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

I'm not sure if anyone has already posted this but...

If you go to the alchemy shop in Skingrad and talk the the owner about rumors (or one of here topics) you can have a very interested conversation about...well...find out for yourself.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:25 AM   #369
Life and times of...

One thing about the items you find: do they get better as you gain levels? And if they do, if you go through a tomb and you find an item as a low-level, then would later come there, is there anything to get anymore?

Once thing I liked about Morrowind better than Oblivion, was that it had more of a fantasy-feel, with more enchanted items to get, or well, you at least got enchanted items faster...

Also, since you're talking about weird villages, how about that one just north of the Imperial City? I was rather surprised when I was fighting two wolves, the suddenly out of nowhere something starts biting me, then as I start moving away looking at what it is, I can barely recognize something wawy moving towards me, then later something similarly unseeable killing the thing...

Last edited by UPtimist; 04-23-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #370
kamikaze hummingbirds

where can i find a will-o-the-wisp, i need one so i can summon up azura.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #371

Send a message via AIM to edlglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite
As far as I can tell they don't start appearing until you're at a higher level. I never saw any early in the game, but once I got higher I started seeing them just out in the forest and on the roads. There's also a quest from one of the small towns that sends you to a place with will-o-the-wisps.

And yes, people do carry better equipment as you get higher in level. In fact, it's really overdone -- once you're up in the 20s it seems like every single highway bandit has glass armor and weaponry (sometimes even ebony) and half of it is enchanted. Which is a little silly.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #372
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite

There should be some just down the hill from her shrine...I did that quest when I was level three or something. Make sure you have magic or an enchanted weapon...
Old 04-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #373
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlglide
And yes, people do carry better equipment as you get higher in level. In fact, it's really overdone -- once you're up in the 20s it seems like every single highway bandit has glass armor and weaponry (sometimes even ebony) and half of it is enchanted. Which is a little silly.
But do locations have that too?

I've actually refrained from leveling up for a while, as all the enemies level up too, and I'm not too best in all the fighting (plus there are some other reasons too, which I mainly don't really remember though, or something like that, it's a bit hard to explain, as you can probably see). I've however all the time wondered if I should, and I've not really explored that much, as I haven't been sure if the locations actually do have that feature.

Or something, I'm kind of doubting my own words now I'm all messed up...