Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   I Just Bought... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/13132-i-just-bought.html)

Reflection 02-08-2012 05:04 AM

Zelda: Skyward Sword

Pretty good, controls were a bit awkward at first, but still a great game.

Fantasysci5 02-17-2012 11:44 AM

"Age of Wonders" from the GOG promo. I love fantasy turn-based, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Stonez 02-17-2012 02:09 PM

So I bought "Dear Esther".

What a beautiful piece of interactive fiction. A haunting and despondent tale of love and loss. Wonderful and well worth the $10 imho.

Fantasysci5 02-25-2012 09:43 AM

Stonez-Dear Esther does sound good, but I'll probably wait till it goes on sale.

The Amazon and gamersgate sales really sucked me in, and I bought Spellforce Platinum, Majesty Gold, Faery: Legends of Avalon, LOST: Via Domus, Darksiders, and The Witcher 2. :crazy:

I was debating Mirror's Edge, but decided against it, and also bought the book that The Witcher was based on. No eating for Fantasysci5 for awhile...

EDIT: And now add "Lord of the Rings: Conquest" to that list. Someone needs to stop me.

Manhunter71 02-26-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 601697)
Stonez-Dear Esther does sound good, but I'll probably wait till it goes on sale.

The Amazon and gamersgate sales really sucked me in, and I bought Spellforce Platinum, Majesty Gold, Faery: Legends of Avalon, LOST: Via Domus, Darksiders, and The Witcher 2. :crazy:

I was debating Mirror's Edge, but decided against it, and also bought the book that The Witcher was based on. No eating for Fantasysci5 for awhile...

EDIT: And now add "Lord of the Rings: Conquest" to that list. Someone needs to stop me.

Ohh man! U bought Lost and Faery: Legends of Avalon? They are baaaad games:frown:
Witcher 2 though, is amazing, although not as good as the first one imo

D.C. 02-26-2012 02:44 AM

Mirror's Edge would've been much better than Lost. (I'm saying that as a fan of the show too. ;)) I've heard great things about The Witcher games, though. I'll probably get around to them eventually... maybe...

Manhunter71 02-26-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.C. (Post 601778)
Mirror's Edge would've been much better than Lost. (I'm saying that as a fan of the show too. ;)) I've heard great things about The Witcher games, though. I'll probably get around to them eventually... maybe...

Haha, yeah, me too - I loved Lost as a tv show, but the game itself is totally lacking.

But, the Witcher games - they are just amazing, very immersive. The only minus point has to be the voice acting - those accents are just horrendous. Half the time, you never know if they are english, irish, european or just a ridiculous mix of all three
But gameplay-wise, its very innovative

Fantasysci5 02-26-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhunter71 (Post 601772)
Ohh man! U bought Lost and Faery: Legends of Avalon? They are baaaad games:frown:
Witcher 2 though, is amazing, although not as good as the first one imo

I bought LOST because I was a fan before the show went to crap, and I was playing the demo and felt very nostalgic. It was only $2.49-sih, so if it's bad, I shouldn't be out a lot of money.

I bought Faery because I love turn-based strategy (like Kings Bounty), and it looked pretty cool, getting to have dragons on your side and stuff. Why is it bad?

I'm playing through the first Witcher right now, and loving it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.C. (Post 601778)

I looked at a trailer for it, and all that running...I was getting dizzy. I don't think it's the game for me, and I was a LOST fan too, so I have to have said I at least tried the game. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhunter71 (Post 601779)
But, the Witcher games - they are just amazing, very immersive. The only minus point has to be the voice acting - those accents are just horrendous. Half the time, you never know if they are english, irish, european or just a ridiculous mix of all three
But gameplay-wise, its very innovative

Yeah, I love everything about The Witcher except for I tend to miss some of the smaller quests and not be able to go back and do them (I'm the type of person who wants to see and do everything). That, and I don't usually read the backstory of the locations or glossary. I bought the book it was based on, though, so maybe that will help.

D.C. 02-26-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 601841)
I looked at a trailer for it, and all that running...I was getting dizzy. I don't think it's the game for me, and I was a LOST fan too, so I have to have said I at least tried the game. :P

You probably made the right call about Mirror's Edge then, since that's basically the entirety of the game. Damn good, but there's not much you can do if it makes you sick. There's stuff to like in the Lost game too, like the flashback photography sections. Just don't go in expecting a masterpiece. :D

Manhunter71 02-27-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 601841)
I bought Faery because I love turn-based strategy (like Kings Bounty), and it looked pretty cool, getting to have dragons on your side and stuff. Why is it bad?

I bought Faery too because I like the turn-based RPG, and I really wanted to like Faery. For me, it was let down by the control system more than anything, especially the flying aspect, which seems to be a large part of the game.
I don't know, I'm running it on a brand new pc but everything seemed overesensitive, even after I messed with the settings.

I'm actually tempted to reinstall it and give it another go. Maybe I can get past the control system and focus on the game a bit more.

Possibly I was being a bit over the top when I said it was bad - its just not a great game. Average maybe....

But I'm glad you're enjoying The Witcher - its a great game, and you really need to read everything - it really improves your enjoyment of the game.
Witcher 2 though, is a different story, and while its still a good game, they changed the control/fighting system drastically. I know many people have complained about this. But if you can get past that, then I'm sure you will enjoy it too.

DustyShinigami 03-08-2012 06:46 AM

http://www.freewebs.com/munkinutz-lt...0Dusk%20DS.jpg

Won it on eBay for as little as £6.50! :D

TimovieMan 03-08-2012 09:34 AM

If you like Hotel Dusk, make sure to get the sequel Last Window too! It's at least as good, if not better!

SamandMax 03-08-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 602926)
If you like Hotel Dusk, make sure to get the sequel Last Window too! It's at least as good, if not better!

Convince Nintendo to release it in North America!

TimovieMan 03-09-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamandMax
Convince Nintendo to release it in North America!

Import it! ;)

999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors didn't get a European release. Didn't stop me from importing and playing it...

DustyShinigami 03-10-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 602926)

I intend too. It's on my 'list of things to get'. :)

Lucien21 03-10-2012 05:20 AM

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...sEffect3-1.jpg

Dasilva 03-10-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21 (Post 603175)

Jelous. Going to be a while til I get to play it.

DustyShinigami 03-13-2012 04:39 PM

http://fullrom.com/wp-content/upload...-For-All-U.jpg

TimovieMan 03-14-2012 12:13 PM

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite passtime for the next few weeks:

http://s.s-bol.com/imgbase0/imagebas...4011840873.jpg

@ Dusty: I take it you liked the first Phoenix Wright? :D

DustyShinigami 03-15-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 603692)
@ Dusty: I take it you liked the first Phoenix Wright? :D

How can you tell!? :crazy: :P

But yes, I do (I'm still finishing off the first one). :) They're repetitive, but in a good way; I never tire of coming back for more. And I agree with you about the funny dialogue.